Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old January 4th, 2010, 01:27 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: Left 4 Dead 2!!!!!

I've been having the same problem. I was in one game AGAINST a group of good players, but none of my friends (90% of whom are good) were on with me at the time. I told them I'd try to get some of my friends together and rematch them sometime.

DeceitfulBeauty, karl w a k, and I make a pretty good team, but we always need one more. What time tonight?

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 4th, 2010, 02:40 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm usually on around 9-10 and on. But can a bit earlier if needed.

We've played before and you rock. I'm not the greatest FPS player, but I'm quite decent, am smart and god team player and can follow sensible leadership well. Also, and most importantly, I'm not an idiot.

Last time I played I had tp leave the game because one player was some loud child, the other was freaking out because we weren't babbling our heads off on the mic. He kept threatening everyone if we didn't speak constantly and would shoot us is we were quiet too long. I kept telling him that talking was good to get things done, but there was no need to babble incesantly like an idiot!

The there are a ton of idiots who join a game and just start acting randomly, or the ones who right away run off on their own or who won't help you when you're down. Etc, the amount of idiots in L4D has multiplied tremendously from last time. Makes me long for the first one. I can respect players who are trying to get achievements, but then there are manmy who will sacrifice the whole session to get something done and that is just selfish.

ONe more complaint, I don't know about you guys, but the characters in 2 are kind of flat and uninteresting. L4D 1 had the old Nam vet and he was very cool, but these guys just suck. I keep hoping they'll have a version of L4D with the characters from Zombieland, now those were interesting characters.

Anyway, I'd love to play tonite.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old January 4th, 2010, 02:43 PM

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Did any of you get in on the end of the year deals? I got castle Crashers for 560 points and they had Batman Returns for 80 and Battlefield and MAw also for 560 I think.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old January 4th, 2010, 02:52 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetcurse View Post
I'm usually on around 9-10 and on. But can a bit earlier if needed.
That's central time, right (we're Eastern)?

Quote:
We've played before and you rock.
Thanks. I don't think I'm as good as I was when I played L4D1 with good friends/teammates and against good teams regularly. But I definitely still don't do any of those idiotic things.

Quote:
Last time I played I had tp leave the game because one player was some loud child
The number of 10&unders whose parents allow them to play this game astounds me.

Quote:
the other was freaking out
Had a guy the other day start screaming (nothing coherent, just screaming) the second he got attacked...and never stop even after we saved him. He got kicked promptly.

Quote:
because we weren't babbling our heads off on the mic. He kept threatening everyone if we didn't speak constantly and would shoot us is we were quiet too long. I kept telling him that talking was good to get things done, but there was no need to babble incesantly like an idiot!
That's just stupid. I can understand wanted people to talk (mics make the game a LOT better/easier), I get frustrated when people don't use their mics enough, but non-stop talking seems completely unnecessary. Makes me miss the aforementioned L4D1 days, though, when I had a good team. We could talk non-stop about anything but the game, just inserting a quick "Smoked!" here and there, and STILL completely trash another team.

Quote:
The there are a ton of idiots who join a game and just start acting randomly, or the ones who right away run off on their own or who won't help you when you're down.
DeceitfulBeauty was playing with a couple of those the other day. If it was me I would've left, but she's a trooper. It was two guys who were part of a clan or something (both had KiA or something in front of their names), but not only would they run off and leave the other two players, the two of them wouldn't even stick together and help each other out! It's one thing to be so far ahead (in points) the other team has no chance of catching up and declare a "death race" (essentially what the Bridge finale is) but it's another just to do it all the time for no reason.

Quote:
Anyway, I'd love to play tonite.
We'll try to be there.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 4th, 2010, 04:02 PM

Well, when the chat flows naturally that's fine, but if there's nothing to say then jeez, leave people alone right? Ity's different though when you know people.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old January 4th, 2010, 07:12 PM

karl with a k knows what's in an order marker karl with a k knows what's in an order marker

People on every game are morons. I <3 the power of mute on Call of Duty. The second I get in a game I just instantly mute everyone but my friends. Of course people that play L4D boot you if you don't have a mic. I hate that cause if you are any good at all or even atleast pay attention then you don't need to talk.

Anyway, I won't be on tonite cause I'm watchin Heroes premiere. I'm on a lot during the day though.

Old January 6th, 2010, 12:33 PM

Check this out:
www.ericruthgames.com

also, thnx for the game the other night, it was awesome.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old January 8th, 2010, 06:41 PM

Don't play with a guy named barrellroll. He just trolls Expert games to kill the other players.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 9th, 2010, 04:27 AM

Bogusoid is surprisingly tart

This game rocks! I bought both games for XBox 360 as soon as they came out. Valve has had me hooked as a fanboy since I got my XBox last Christmas, but I'm a little ashamed to say I have not beat Half-Life 2 yet (I love Team Fotress 2, though).

Ellis seems to be everyone's favorite character, but I sometimes lean towards preferring Coach. I was unsure about the new cast in the early days, but I really grew to like them upon release. My gamertag is J Turnblat, if anyone would like to play with me on Live. I am also HogusBogus on Steam, but I only have TF2 there.

I had an entertaining experience with a griefer once on Swamp Fever. He was playing Nick and never spoke, and he would run ahead of us. I was a little annoyed and told him to cut the Rambo act, but I gave him some slack after I realized he was competent. Then he started to fall down a lot and, near death, still would not heal himself. Whenever any of the rest of us tried to patch him up, he would whack us repeatedly with his melee weapon. It was actually kind of funny, but I vote-kicked him by the time we reached the finale because I still had to survive that campaign. No hard feelings, but I find griefing easier to enjoy in TF2 when there is not an hour-long effort at stake. Always remember that it is just a game.
Old February 25th, 2010, 01:00 PM

Altron_ZERO Woo who?

It seems like most people on this thread has L4D2 for the 360, does anyone have it for PC?

Old February 28th, 2010, 10:15 AM

karl with a k knows what's in an order marker karl with a k knows what's in an order marker

PC is probably better. lol
But I'm pretty sure everyone has it for console :/

Old February 28th, 2010, 11:25 AM

I need to not take playing L4D so seriously. But it's the only online game I've ever been really good at...

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games