Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old June 27th, 2019, 08:22 AM

nova is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
July 6th tourney

Going to a tourney next week looking for some advice for my army heres the two line ups i have so far for general wars, 330 + 150
330 - mezzos x3, deathreavers x3, Isamu 150 - Kaemon, Guilty
330 - Phantom Knights x3, mezzo x2 150 - Raelin rotv, vikings
im willing to switch anything around and some other units i like are alistair, marro warriors, me burq sa, rohgar, kelda
Old June 27th, 2019, 11:26 AM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!
Re: July 6th tourney

Hey! I'll be going to that too. I haven't done general wars before so I asked what I should bring and this was the response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
Regarding armies to bring, I think the best example is where the meta at Gencon last year ended up (with slight tweaks to the format though, which should lead to very different armies this year).

Last year the format was: Bring a 18 hex 480pt army. All of your army must be from 1 of the following alliances: Jandar+Aquilla, Utgar+Valkrill, or Einar+Ullar+Vydar. No more than 300 points from 1 general.

The top 2 armies (based on popularity and results) were:
Q9, 10th Reg x4
Raelin [RotV], Nilfheim, Axegrinders x3

This year the alliances are not pre-set, which should lead to more variety in army builds.

Generally though, general wars armies try to fit one of the following criteria:
1) Synergy units, like Raelin
2) Strong units that don't bond, but make 2 very strong waves
3) Units from different generals that bond (there aren't many, but there are some)
Lots of information there that could help you out. From the looks of it your first army posting (330 - mezzos x3, deathreavers x3, Isamu 150 - Kaemon, Guilty) would fit #2 and make two very strong waves with mezzos and reavers first and kaemon and guilty for cleanup.

Your second army posting (330 - Phantom Knights x3, mezzo x2 150 - Raelin rotv, vikings) also looks again like two very solid waves with Realin for synergy and defense especially with those vikings.

Regardless of what I was bringing to me the first one looks scarier but because of the point limitations I'm not sure how many common squads would be brought and that could negate the mezzos great abilities.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet
Old June 27th, 2019, 02:57 PM

nova is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I see did i get this wrong then, i have to choose one of the alliances like utgar + valkrill and cant use units from any other general?
Old June 27th, 2019, 03:31 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova View Post
I see did i get this wrong then, i have to choose one of the alliances like utgar + valkrill and cant use units from any other general?
No, you have it correct. The specific alliances were LAST year's GenCon General Wars format; this year you get to choose.

Your armies look solid, although I would recommend using Mezzos or PKs as part of the 150, not the 330. They're more matchup specific than generally great, and you probably want your 330 to have a better matchup spread.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion