Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old June 10th, 2010, 12:35 AM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: jcmcminis Super customs.

I try to put as much thought as possible into all my customs, both normal and super. I dont own a lot of official heroscape stuff so I am slowly converting some of my miniatures I have for over 10 years into scape pieces so I can have so variety when I play. The B.I.V. is the only one who has given me alot of feedback on my normalscape units. So I really appreciate all of your input. After giving it alot of thought I decided I wanted the Hulk to cap out at 500 points so I changed the card again and am eagerly awaiting your input.
Old June 10th, 2010, 12:48 AM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'd say you hit the mark with him for 500. I think you need to reduce your font size, the second sentence in The Madder He Gets is overlapping the border. I think if you take it down 2 sizes you should be able to line all of the text up. Nice work on the redo.
Old June 10th, 2010, 12:58 AM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks hidicul....I don't think its so much the size but maybe the font I am actually using. If I go any smaller it might not be readable when I print out the card. But I will try that and see. Oh and I was checking out your custom...shouldnt Sabretooth have a SS symbol?
Old June 10th, 2010, 01:33 AM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness

As for font size I use 22 and font if it's gimp I use airel narrow condensed. Yes Sabertooth should have the SS logo. Thanks for catching that. I'll fix it next time I open up gimp.

EDIT: Scratch that, for Super Scape I use the comic font. The other one is for any other customs I make.
Old June 10th, 2010, 02:19 AM

thanks again hidicul...I will do one more cleanup and try to align all the text and then repost.
Old June 10th, 2010, 10:59 AM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidicul View Post
As for font size I use 22 and font if it's gimp I use airel narrow condensed. Yes Sabertooth should have the SS logo. Thanks for catching that. I'll fix it next time I open up gimp.

EDIT: Scratch that, for Super Scape I use the comic font. The other one is for any other customs I make.
Just remember he might be using a different size card or program. I ran into that before going on a round robin of What size and font only to find out I was working in 300 pixels/inch in photoshop 7 and he was a gimp guy. Wile his advice was good his numbers were so much gibberish to me. I don't know how much the text will change with the font but the "official" font, as far as I know is Helvetica Neue. It has 4 sub sizes and levels of boldness used on the card. If the font will really make a difference in size or readability, you might want to try what I did for my Stargate cards.

I used the Stargate font, which is a tad hard to read, for all of the Titles and put the Text of the powers in the standard font. It might make a big difference. When I changed from the close but no cigar font I was using I saved allot of space on each card.

Pete
</IMG></IMG>

God makes us strong for a little while so we can defend the weak.
DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old June 10th, 2010, 04:41 PM

Re: jcmcminis Super customs. Update 6/10

Ok got all my text lined up on Hulk and have now posted my first draft of Superman.

Last edited by JC McMinis; June 10th, 2010 at 04:48 PM.
Old June 11th, 2010, 04:41 PM

Re: jcmcminis Super customs. Update 6/10

Superman updated in first post now with target zone goodness
Old June 27th, 2010, 02:48 AM

Re: jcmcminis Super Customs-6/27 Added GL Hal Jordan

Added Hal Jordan to 1st post. No target zone mainly because I dont have a figure yet.
Old June 27th, 2010, 01:44 PM
The Closer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmcminis View Post
Added Hal Jordan to 1st post. No target zone mainly because I dont have a figure yet.
When I make my Amalgam stuff and don't have the figure I need I google for heroclix figure (name), then just check through the images. You'll find the figure you need.
Old June 27th, 2010, 05:58 PM

Oh I plan on eventually getting the figure, when I can afford to.
Old June 27th, 2010, 06:07 PM
The Closer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmcminis View Post
Oh I plan on eventually getting the figure, when I can afford to.
My point was to give you a suggestion to help you post a finished card. I plan on having figures for every amalgam I do also, but until then I use what targeting images I can get my hands on.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations