Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News
Marvel News Hasbro-released news, store sightings, etc. specific to Marvel HS

Notices

Old May 28th, 2008, 03:51 AM

Dragonranger Woo who?
Idea for Marvel General Name

Ya know I've been working on my personal spreadsheet for Heroscape, and it includes Marvelscape characters, and under Valkyrie General, currently I've got "Marvel" as the name, but if (and this is a big if) the Marvelverse was to be represented in the War, who would be their "Organizer" the way Jandar and the others collected their troops? Then it hit me, that there was only one who has seriously gathered people together for a "Secret War"... the Beyonder. Just think since he can pluck any Marvel character from throughout the timestream and bring them to one place and time, why not have him be named their "General"? Lemme know what you think.

"Come with me in the twilight of a summer night for a while, tell me of a story never ever told in the past. Take me back to the land where my yearnings were born, the key to open the door is in your heart, now take me there... to the land of twilight." ~"Key of the Twilight"
Old May 28th, 2008, 07:41 AM

HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker
Re: Idea for Marvel General Name

The Valkyrie general for Marvel would be named Stan. He would be a small little man, have an annoying voice, and think he's much more important than he actually is.

Last edited by HSisforcoolkids; May 28th, 2008 at 09:48 AM. Reason: typo
Old May 28th, 2008, 09:15 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker

Don't forget about the Contest of Champions mini-series with Grandmaster and Death.

UPC's Heroscape Strategy Blog (and whatever else the Muse sends my way...)

Old May 28th, 2008, 11:25 AM

Dragonranger Woo who?

I mainly think the Beyonder cause it was his power that drew all the heroes together for the Secret Wars to try and understand Good and Evil. And HSisforcoolkids don't down Stan Lee just cause he's the surviving half of the original Marvel Duo.

"Come with me in the twilight of a summer night for a while, tell me of a story never ever told in the past. Take me back to the land where my yearnings were born, the key to open the door is in your heart, now take me there... to the land of twilight." ~"Key of the Twilight"
Old May 29th, 2008, 07:30 AM

TKE545 has disabled reputation

The General should be more known as "The Man" and know that he is actually as that important.

On another note, I doubt it would be the Beyonder, since all the other generals summon soldiers that would be loyal to them. The Beyonder picks up people he thinks he can use as playthings. None of the superheroes/villains would be actually willing to fight for him. If anything they would switch sides to another general as soon as they met. Plus, as a person, the Beyonder is a little--shall we say, unsteady.
Theoretically, there are any number of people in the marvelverse that could fill the roll better. Dr. Strange being one of them (of course then all of the armies you build would have to be the secret defenders). Uatu could be another, as he has been known to bend the rules and "summon" superhero types do go do something, while he kinda disapears to contemplate if he has gone to far in said rule-bending. However, my money would go to Adam Warlock. He's incredibly powerful and has habit of gathering soldiers together to fight an enemy or just for a cause (Infinity Gauntlet, Infinity Watch, the new Guardians of the Galaxy).

Anyway.... yeah... that's my comment.
Old May 29th, 2008, 09:00 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by UranusPChicago View Post
Don't forget about the Contest of Champions mini-series with Grandmaster and Death.
They were both great! (well the two I read anyway...) Excellent fun to see everyone all together.
Old May 29th, 2008, 09:30 AM

Dartheyegouger is surprisingly tart

In Beyond! the Stranger gathered heroes and villains for kind of a mini-Secret War.

Marvel Figure Suggestions for Wizards of the Coast
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=15733
Old May 29th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Actually I think they should have General names like Kirby, Lee, Ditko, Simon and Romita.

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old May 29th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

If you want to stick with the Valhalla theme, you could always go with Thor's papa, Odin.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 29th, 2008, 09:10 PM

Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker

Marvellar.

Thats my vote.

Last edited by Zorgophlats : Prenember 86th, 2079 at 42:96 ZM. Reason: enasni eht stalhpogroz
Old May 29th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSisforcoolkids View Post
The Valkyrie general for Marvel would be named Stan. He would be a small little man, have an annoying voice, and think he's much more important than he actually is.
Stan would also have a cameo in every HeroScape Scenario.

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old May 30th, 2008, 07:17 AM

HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSisforcoolkids View Post
Stan would also have a cameo in every HeroScape Scenario.

Jim
Very good point. Even in the bad scenarios.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News