Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old December 9th, 2016, 01:19 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Arrow Everett, WA - WA North NHSD Tournament 10/28/23

WA North NHSD Tournament
Discussion of this event starts in post #181

Dates/Times: Saturday, October 28, 2023. Games start at 12PM. Strategy discussions and army selection help start at 11AM. Please bring a snack to share. Dinner will be provided. A duplicate event will occur in the south of Washington state on November 11th in Battle Ground, WA, and has been posted in the Events thread. Feel free to attend both events.

Location: Nomad's abode in Everett/Mill Creek (about 25 minutes north of Seattle, 200 miles north of Portland). PM me for address if needed.

Format: Swiss-style and competitive, with a 50-minute time limit per battle. Partial scoring will be used to determine the winner of battles that go to time. Four rounds of play - additional play for fun. There will be 10 maps. Maximum of 20 people. There will be a number of newer players - please be patient and be helpful.

Prizes: Bring a board game, card game, or table-top game accessory. Used, duplicate, or no longer interested in ... pass it on. Pick of the prizes will be in order of finish.

Armies: We are stealing most of the format from Texas and North Carolina in honor of the original release, hopefully removing the option for total cheese.
  1. Point limit: 510.
  2. Starting Spaces: 24 Hexes. Airborne Elite count toward the limit.
  3. No Marvel, C3V, SoV, NWHC or any custom units allowed.
  4. Restricted List: Each army can only have one card which is on the restricted list (see below).
  5. You may only field up to 3 sets of any ranged common unit on the restricted list.
Restricted List
Spoiler Alert!

If you want to reserve figures from my collection for your army, let me know. I will also have pre-built armies for those who want to grab and play, see below.

Pre-Built Armies
Spoiler Alert!

Glyphs: Staying with the theme of classic scape only, the glyphs will be the traditional ones. Specific glyphs have been determined for each map and are now listed under the Maps spoiler.

W-L Player SoS (Army)

1. 4-0 White Q Knight .625 (Raelin, Nerak, Me-Burq-Sa, Death Chaser x6)
2. 3-1 Roadrage Jr. .688 (Harqebus x3, Cyprien, Major Q9)
3. 3-1 obfuscatedhippo .625 (Aubriens x4, Airborne Elite, Isamu, Acolarh)
4. 3-1 Huskies16 .500 (Legionnaires x4, Marcus DG, Me-Burq-Sa, Valguard, Marro Warriors)
5. 3-1 Krista .438 (Spartacus, Crixus, Isamu, Capuans x3)
6. 2-2 Roadrage .625 (Nilfeim, Hydra, Warriors of Ashra x4)
7. 2-2 Cinnamaldehyde .563 (Deathstalkers x3, Microcorp x2)
8. 2-2 Cyborgs Gaming/lafleurhero .500 (Dronesx6, Su-Bak-Na, Me-Burq-Sa)
9. 2-2 Joseph .438 (Cyprien, Sonya, Phantoms x4, Guilty McCreech)
10. 2-2 Francis .375 (Thorgrim, Eltahale, Finn, Knights of Weston x3)
11. 2-2 James/Nomad .313 (MacDirks x3, Alastair, Eldgrim, Marro Warriors)
12. 1-3 Cole .500 (Grimnak, Nerak, Blade Gruts x3, Hydra, Ornak)
13. 1-3 Cooper .438 (Zetacron, Marro Warriors, Charos, Greenscales x3)
14. 1-3 Elkslayer88 .375 (Charos, Greenscales x3, Agent Skahen)
15. 1-3 Dr.Goomonkey .375 (MacDirks x2, Dendrick, Gilbert, Kelda, Johnny Sullivan)
16. 0-4 Robert .375 (Braxas, Marro Warriors, Otonashi, Warforged x3)

Maps:
Spoiler Alert!

Tagged ...
Spoiler Alert!

Previous Everett Events

Summer Whip and Rumble 7/14/2023
Spoiler Alert!

Classic Christmas Cheese Tournament 12/17/2022
Spoiler Alert!

Fracas in February Tournament 2/22-23/2019
Spoiler Alert!

Runes of June Tournament 6/9/2018
Spoiler Alert!

March Madness Tournament 3/10/2018
Spoiler Alert!

Holiday Heroscape Gameday 12/19/2017
Spoiler Alert!

Heroes of Scape Scenarios 6/4/2017
Spoiler Alert!

Hero/Kai-scape Tournament 3/18/2017
Spoiler Alert!

Holiday Heroscape Tournament 12/19/2016
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Nomad; November 6th, 2023 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Added two maps and more glyphs
Old December 9th, 2016, 01:19 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Everett, WA - Holiday Heroscape Tournament 12/19

I will start planning and building pods for the Hero/Kai March 18 event soon.

Armies for the Holiday Event in December below.
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Nomad; March 5th, 2017 at 11:36 AM. Reason: put old armies in spoiler
Old December 14th, 2016, 08:51 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

If you all don't mind what maps you use, could you all try out my map?:

The Hotways or the Highways 4.0
Requires: 1 BftU, 2 VW, 1 FotA

Thanks for the consideration!
~HS2010
Old December 15th, 2016, 01:23 AM

Wow, that looks like one tough map. I will see how many people will be playing and include it if I need more than the five that I have already built. HS2010, thanks for the suggestion.
Old December 16th, 2016, 06:39 PM

Looks like we are up to 10 confirmed players for Monday. I will start building maps and finalize the format. Let me know if there any specific figures/armies that you want me to set aside.
Old December 18th, 2016, 03:09 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Looks like we are up to 10 confirmed players for Monday. I will start building maps and finalize the format. Let me know if there any specific figures/armies that you want me to set aside.
Awesome! I will be taking a 1/2 day from work so arriving after Noon. I might need to check on a few things while I'm there but looking forward to some 'Scape.
Old December 18th, 2016, 09:51 PM

The armies that I have pre-built listed in the second post of this thread. Anyone is welcome to them if you don't want to think about who to bring. I do have all figures from classic, D&D, SoV, C3V, and NWHC for anyone to use as well. I will update the OP with the glyphs and the rest of the maps this evening.
Old December 19th, 2016, 03:03 AM

Looks like we have 10 solid participants - amazing for a short notice event. Check out the OP to see if I missed anything. Thanks to Dr.Groomonkey for helping with recruitment. See you tomorrow!
Old December 20th, 2016, 01:30 AM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Thank you for hosting, @Nomad !! Wow, what a great turn-out.

Thanks to everyone that made it out for some games. We'll need to do this again in the New Year!!

Here were my Armies:

# 1
Marro Hive
Marro Drones x4
Marro Stingers x2
Guilty McCreech
[went 2-1]

# 2
Nhah Scirh Cultists x3
Emperor Andask
Raelin RotV
Marro Warriors
[went 0-3]

Great game against Joseph's Knights of Weston. Shouldn't have traded my Raelin for his Sir Gilbert, but he pulled out a great comeback win!

I did pull off a Win with the Cyprien army with a very lucky 19 (21 with Sonya) on the Marro Hive for an insta-kill.

Huskies16 had a great time with my Marro Hive army. He had 5 rolls of 17+ for the full 3 squad Drone surge to route the Cultist army with ease.

Very fun though - wish I could have stayed for more.
Old December 20th, 2016, 10:02 AM

I had a blast! Thank you to everyone who played. I nice turn-out for a short notice casual tournament.

One highlight was watching Joseph's Isamu up against 7 4th Mass Linemen. Joseph pulled off an astonishing 12 vanishes with Isamu and managed to defend with 1 die on the time he didn't. Isamu took care of the remaining blue coats for victory. Amazing, but true.

Here are the final standings:

1. Huskies16 (7 wins - 1 loss)
2. Joseph (5-2)
3. James (2-1)
4. Dr.Goomonkey (3-3)
5. Nomad (3-3)
6. Logan (1-1)
7. obfuscatedhippo (2-3)
8. Jacob B (1-2)
9. Skylar (0-1)
10. Tony (0-7)

A few pics from the day:

Images are gone . . . thanks photo bucket!

Last edited by Nomad; June 30th, 2017 at 02:07 PM.
Old December 20th, 2016, 12:07 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This was a great event. Anybody in the Seattle area that didn't come missed out big time.

Nomad is quite a gracious host, too. I can't thank you enough for hosting and sharing your awesome collection with us.

We'll have to do something in the new year. Perhaps a near-Valentine's Day Rumble? I'm sure we'll iron it out once it gets closer.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old February 21st, 2017, 09:28 AM

Re: Everett, WA - Hero/Kai-scape Tournament 3/18

NEW EVENT. See the OP for more details (once we get them sorted out). Please respond if you can make it.

Hero/Kai-scape Tournament

Date/Time: Saturday, March 18, 2017. Time to be determined.

Location: Nomad's Domain in Everett/Mill Creek (about 25 minutes north of Seattle). PM me for address/directions.

Format: Casual tournament/game day. Record of wins and losses will be kept, but no entry fee and no prizes. Drop in anytime and join in the fun. We are thinking of a "pod" style tournament at this point.

More details forthcoming . . .

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events