Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old September 26th, 2018, 02:50 AM

RaylaSan is surprisingly tart
Re: Directions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
VC (Valhalla Customs) comprises C3V (Classic Custom Creators of Valhalla) and SoV (Soldiers of Valhalla). C3G (Comic Custom Creators Guild) is a project with different goals.

C3V designs, tests, and releases units intended to be fully compatible with classic Heroscape. SoV has a group of judges who test user submitted customs with the same goal. Both are quite rigorous and typically use miniatures from other games. I've worked with C3V and seen how SoV runs things (and even got a submission approved by them).

C3G is more focused on expanding upon the base idea created in the marvel set that was released. Their stuff is not intended or tested to be played with classic Heroscape, but can be. What they have created is a plethora of units with diverse power sets based on recognizable (and less recognizable) existing characters usually pulled from the Heroclix line of figures. It plays somewhat differently than classic Heroscape, but it is very fun, and I'm part of the group that is like the quality control before it starts getting tested.

All three groups are full of excellent people who can direct you to anything you might find interesting. I highly recommend checking them out.

~Dysole, who hopes she isn't overwhelming you with information in her links
Alright, thank you so much for giving me the basic run down of C3V and SOV, I was able to understand it more clearly without having to go on millions of forums to find my answer.
Old September 26th, 2018, 08:44 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Getting my boyfriend to be more accepting of customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaylaSan View Post
Thank you so much for the comment, it means the world. We would like to try avoiding ebay for customs if we can, and eventually it would be great to eventually experience C3V customs as well. However, as I'm researching C3V customs, and the like. I would love to know where do we get the figures for these customs? Do we obtain it from other sets, or do we make it ourselves?
All C3V miniatures come from somwhere else, usually another miniature game. If you look beneath the cards on any C3V (or C3G) “books” you’ll see some blue text that will tell you the name of the model and what line it’s from. Then you can go to any of the many sites that sell miniature game models and purchase it, if it’s in stock obviously.
Old September 26th, 2018, 02:27 PM

RaylaSan is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaylaSan View Post
Thank you so much for the comment, it means the world. We would like to try avoiding ebay for customs if we can, and eventually it would be great to eventually experience C3V customs as well. However, as I'm researching C3V customs, and the like. I would love to know where do we get the figures for these customs? Do we obtain it from other sets, or do we make it ourselves?
All C3V miniatures come from somwhere else, usually another miniature game. If you look beneath the cards on any C3V (or C3G) “books” you’ll see some blue text that will tell you the name of the model and what line it’s from. Then you can go to any of the many sites that sell miniature game models and purchase it, if it’s in stock obviously.
Ah, that makes sense, thanks for telling me.
Old September 26th, 2018, 02:34 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

There's a link in my sig to an index of all the C3V & SoV units. The mini info is there, as Nobody said.

Happy hunting!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 26th, 2018, 03:35 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
@truth - this needs to go on front page during next C3V/C3G release!

@RaylaSan - I will earn my Title with this post, but see my VC (C3V & SoV) 3/page PDF compilation for all the army cards up to 3 years ago (I really need to update) as well as my Heroscape C3V & SoV Spreadsheet which has a list of all C3V units, with what miniature they use, and links on where to buy. Also, here is some places for getting into Heroscape in general:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Check out the Links to all Heroscape Websites and Online Stores, for which the sites there also sell other miniatures besides herosape. Also buy MtG:Arena of the Planeswalkers where right now you can get 75 figures in the 3 sets for less than $20. If you want to by Custom Heroscape figures that groups have already designed, see the following spreadsheets that have direct links to online stores, as well as card threads/images on Heroscapers:
[/QUOTE]
Old October 18th, 2018, 05:16 PM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!

After I rebuild my classic HS collection due to selling it all off back in the day I plan on checking out the C3V's. I'm glad that the community is still going pretty strong to have all these new units coming out. The new flag bearer looks really gnarly.

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...
Old December 28th, 2018, 06:58 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Perhaps the most important thing to know about C3V (and C3G) is that they specifically continue new card production to complete, compliment, and extend what was originally produced in the official ones. Some original cards were clearly intended to work with future cards that were never produced, and are therefore "incomplete." Other categories of figures were left with very few or only single members.

The entire 'new' seventh Valkrill (brown) faction only had four cards when Heroscape's publication stopped, but is now a full faction with 24 cards--see my new thread on it in this site section for a complete roster of both the official and custom cards it now includes.

Besides their threads in the Customs section, the Home Page showcases new C3V/C3G waves of new cards as they come out!
Old March 26th, 2019, 07:54 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Just read through this thread for the first time.

All I can say is

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion