Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News
AotP News Sightings, official news, etc.

Notices

Old March 2nd, 2016, 11:21 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: Hasbro announces 'Shadows Over Innistrad' for 'Arena of

Hasbro is not a regular small gaming company, but a giant conglomerate which controls 1/3 of the toy industry. You can be sure they are doing what they are doing intentionally, and that it is planned far in advance.

As to why, that's another mystery all together...
Old March 2nd, 2016, 12:16 PM

GamerDad74 rolls all skulls baby! GamerDad74 rolls all skulls baby! GamerDad74 rolls all skulls baby! GamerDad74 rolls all skulls baby!

Not being a MtG player, one of the cool things I can see is the way the spell cards work. I'm surprised that there are not just spell card expansions already coming out--obviously a huge money-maker for MtG and should also be for AotP.

Any thoughts on spell card packs to allow for deck building?
Old March 2nd, 2016, 12:16 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

ARLINN KORD was just revealed as a new werewolf Planeswalker. Good odds she'll be included in this set.

I imagine they'll exclude her transforming and just give us the wolf form as a figure.
Old March 2nd, 2016, 12:34 PM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
ARLINN KORD was just revealed as a new werewolf Planeswalker. Good odds she'll be included in this set.

I imagine they'll exclude her transforming and just give us the wolf form as a figure.
Very cool.

She's definitely in the Jund colors. Maybe something like Black/Red as human, Green/Red as Werewolf. Almost guaranteed to be in the AoTP set for sure
Old March 2nd, 2016, 12:41 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerDad74 View Post
Not being a MtG player, one of the cool things I can see is the way the spell cards work. I'm surprised that there are not just spell card expansions already coming out--obviously a huge money-maker for MtG and should also be for AotP.

Any thoughts on spell card packs to allow for deck building?
I was just thinking the same thing yesterday ... how cool it would be for them to simply release a deck of AotP spell cards that would be at stores on the shelf right next to regular MtG cards.
Old March 2nd, 2016, 02:11 PM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
I was just thinking the same thing yesterday ... how cool it would be for them to simply release a deck of AotP spell cards that would be at stores on the shelf right next to regular MtG cards.
I'd much rather see this as a small expansion box with 1 common squad + army card + 1-3 cards of the matching color
Old March 2nd, 2016, 05:24 PM

Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby!

I feel a minimum of 5 cards per expansion is required to grant granularity. Otherwise, it feels too slow to see the deck building portion realized.
Old March 5th, 2016, 10:31 AM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post
Well, that's something I definitely wanted to see. I think we'll get a Tamiyo, Sorin, new Liliana, possibly a Garruk, and some form of Avacyn. As for units, humans, zombies, and werewolves are definite staples, with vampires and ghosts probably making an appearance. I really hope they find a way to implement flashback. That mechanic is so great.
I don't think we'll see Garruk unless WotC brings him back to life in the CCG storyline. Would be sweet, though.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old March 5th, 2016, 10:37 AM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmeeple View Post
I could live with more cardboard terrain. They take up little storage space and quickly cover a huge table leaving more terrain to build upwards!
I'm pretty happy with the cardboard base-layer as well, but some variety would be nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmeeple View Post
Getting real, quality objects seems so much more important. Instead of janky cardboard ruins, nice plastic ones like classic scape.
A good, solid LoS blocker would be cool, but if it's an either/or scenario, I'd much rather that plastic go to new units.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old June 30th, 2016, 05:31 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

CSI has the new set up for order, its probably a pre-order but I don't see that specified anywhere. It says they have 20+ in stock. There is also a picture of the new set with nine figures showing in the windows. I just ordered one so we will see what happens.

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/229205
Old June 30th, 2016, 05:47 PM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
CSI has the new set up for order, its probably a pre-order but I don't see that specified anywhere. It says they have 20+ in stock. There is also a picture of the new set with nine figures showing in the windows. I just ordered one so we will see what happens.

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/229205
Someone at BGG said that after calling CSI he was told that his copy is being delivered today, so it doesn't look like a preorder.
Old June 30th, 2016, 05:51 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

My guess is that they are confused and shipping the original set, but I hope I'm wrong.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News