Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's
Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's A place to discuss specific questions regarding Marvel rules and cards.

Notices

Old August 13th, 2007, 02:28 AM

CaptainJack102 has disabled reputation
Cap is good at everything in 'Scape, he can go toe to toe with anything in marvel and is great at obliterating squads and his abilities make him an absolute powerhouse

add a drop of lavender to your bath and soon you will soak yourself calm
Old August 15th, 2007, 01:25 AM

graywolf42 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
When Captain America throw his mighty shield...

My favorite hero of this set, purely because he's just so darn heroic! And that's what a real hero is. Heroic. A heroic hero is the epitome of heroism. Am I annoying you yet? :P
http://www.heroscapers.com/oldgaller...567&fullsize=1

thought you might like this

Micky is a mouse, Pluto is a dog, WTF is Goofy?

With your shield or on it!
Old August 18th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Flunked Ebay

MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker
Captain America is everything Taelord aspires to be.

Taelord with bite...Taelord's big brother. Cap has it all.

My favorite army with him so far is:

Captain America and 4 squads of 4th Mass. I call it The American Legion. Wait then Fire, Valiant Defense and Cap's bonuses make this a sick little fire position. When the hitters close in Capt America finishes the job.

FUN STUFF.

My favorite as well.

Adam

Good Traders: Maska, Fallen Templar, Punisher Fan, loborocket, Marduk, Brotharon

324 figures and counting!

Check me out here:
http://www.myspace.com/mksentinel

And FOR EVERYONE'S SAKE, BEFORE YOU POST YOUR BRILLIANT QUESTION,

Self-induced illiteracy should be a crime!!!
Old August 20th, 2007, 11:44 AM

LoneDragon is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Captain America is another of my favorites from the set. I love the variety of abilities. Hes so.... not bland(*cough*Ironman*cough*).

He will be a beast in HeroScape(I really dont plan to use Marvel by itself until a few more expansions come out).

Oh, and everyone knows Canadians like to watch curling and drink maple syrup.

~Yub yub, Commander!

I only drink the blood of my enemies, and occasionally a strawberry yoohoo.

Good Trades: R˙chean, Vydar, kboleen, Hahma
Old August 24th, 2007, 01:48 AM

AKflip has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight
There's also the brutality factor to consider in attack power. I mean, do Anubian Wolves get 8 times the raw physical strength when they roll a 20? I would argue Spider-Man's attack is so low because he's trying to hold back and not kill the enemy. Sure, he could tear you limb from limb with his bare hands, but he isn't willing to. So he has to jump around, use tricks, etc. even though he's really stronger. Captain America's attack is higher because even though he's not super-strong, he's using every ounce of the power he does posess to kill you as quickly and directly as possible.
Ok so I can give you that Spidey would hold back, but if we do say that brutality is a factor then the Captain's attack still wouldn't be higher than spidey's. The captain doesn't aim to kill anyone so he's not really more brutal. I do agree with greyowl as the Captain is one of the greatest tacticians so that could attribute to the Capt.'s attack power. But just because Spidey jumps around doesn't mean he's less skilled. But to be fair I would have overpowered everyone to where it wouldn't be fun to use these guys outside of the Marvel set. Anyway i do still love the Capt. and his special powers are right on with what he can do in the comics.
Old August 24th, 2007, 02:00 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKflip
The captain doesn't aim to kill anyone so he's not really more brutal.
That's why I like him in the Ultimates: Stars-and-Stripes shield in one hand, Tommy gun in the other. YES! Kill people already!
Old August 24th, 2007, 07:46 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation
I think when you look at Cap's stats, you have to take into account that he's one of the only non-flyers in the game. Flyers are more likely to gain height, so they'll often get a boost to their attack and defense from that. So, it seems to me that Cap's stats are really meant to match up to these other Marvel figures under the assumption that they have height advantage, not to mention ranged attacks from height. If you look at it from that perspective, I don't think Captain America looks as good as if everyone were earthbound.
Old August 26th, 2007, 06:38 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elginb
I think when you look at Cap's stats, you have to take into account that he's one of the only non-flyers in the game. Flyers are more likely to gain height, so they'll often get a boost to their attack and defense from that. So, it seems to me that Cap's stats are really meant to match up to these other Marvel figures under the assumption that they have height advantage, not to mention ranged attacks from height. If you look at it from that perspective, I don't think Captain America looks as good as if everyone were earthbound.
Most figures are still earthbound. I don't know what you mean by "one of the only non-flyers in the game."
Old August 26th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Yeah, it's not so much how he interacts with flyers that matters as how he interacts with ranged squads. He's a huge help to pretty much any friendly ranged squad and a huge threat to any enemy ranged squad whatsoever.
Old August 27th, 2007, 07:02 AM

Bedrcok Bully has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
Quote:
Most figures are still earthbound. I don't know what you mean by "one of the only non-flyers in the game."
Hulk, Abomination Venom and Spider-Man all have "flight-like" Powers
Thanos, Surfer, Doom and Iron-Man all have flight.

Then there's poor Cap and Skull.

I believe that's what he's talking about, from a Marvel-only perspective more figures fly (or simulate flight) than don't.
Old August 27th, 2007, 10:58 AM

Elginb has disabled reputation
Quote:
Quote:
I meant in the Marvel game, since they're comparing him to other Marvel figures. Obviously, the overwhelming majority of regular Heroscape figures are earthbound.

EDIT: Yes, like Bully said, I meant that the Red Skull is the only other Marvel figure that doesn't have leaping or flying in the Marvel game.
Old August 27th, 2007, 12:01 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I meant in the Marvel game, since they're comparing him to other Marvel figures. Obviously, the overwhelming majority of regular Heroscape figures are earthbound.

EDIT: Yes, like Bully said, I meant that the Red Skull is the only other Marvel figure that doesn't have leaping or flying in the Marvel game.
Oh, okay....I getcha.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's