Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games
Card Games Including 'collectable' card games.

Notices

Old March 23rd, 2008, 12:44 AM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
I like the game, but I've found that blending the different games together ain't all that. No bag o' chips, either. ESPECIALLY when introducing it to new players.

Environmentalists make great compost.
Old March 23rd, 2008, 12:51 AM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker
I love Munchkin. I do not own it but have played it may times. I keep meaning to buy it, but something always takes priority over it.

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."
Old March 23rd, 2008, 01:09 AM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talin4
Aww... I was late in coming into knowing about this game, but I got Munchkin Cthulhu and I LOVE IT! Although I haven't been really able to play a good game of it, I love the humor. Unfortunately, I'm probably one of the three people in my town who actually know who Lovecraft was and about the Mythos.
What Mythos?

Note that this is a trick question that a hardcore Lovecraftian horror fan uses to determine the validity of other self proclaimed "fans". Most people will get this answer very wrong and believe whole heartedly they got it correct. But, it is okay, as they're minds are much safer on this side of the veil ...

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old March 23rd, 2008, 02:34 AM

Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker
I Have Everything!

except for "Call of Cowthulhu."

My favorite card will forever be The Gazebo.
It doesn't make sense unless you know the story behind it.

Last edited by Zorgophlats : Prenember 86th, 2079 at 42:96 ZM. Reason: enasni eht stalhpogroz
Old March 23rd, 2008, 07:03 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I want it, they sell in in Panama, so I will get it soon, May kinda soon. I would have got it last time, but I got other bigger games, I think my wife will play this one, so that is cool.

Funny games are good if they are light and fast!

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old March 23rd, 2008, 09:26 AM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendal
I want it, they sell in in Panama, so I will get it soon, May kinda soon. I would have got it last time, but I got other bigger games, I think my wife will play this one, so that is cool.

Funny games are good if they are light and fast!
Munchkin CAN be fast, but there's an even chance that one or more players are going to have a hard time getting started. But then there's a chance that that player will come out ahead. Saw it happen last night, in fact.

Old March 23rd, 2008, 11:35 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
fast and furious I am hoping for, looking for in Munckin' - oh wait I thought it was a game about the munchies......... my bad, sorry off to the other web site!

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old March 23rd, 2008, 03:52 PM

Talin4 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talin4
Aww... I was late in coming into knowing about this game, but I got Munchkin Cthulhu and I LOVE IT! Although I haven't been really able to play a good game of it, I love the humor. Unfortunately, I'm probably one of the three people in my town who actually know who Lovecraft was and about the Mythos.
What Mythos?

Note that this is a trick question that a hardcore Lovecraftian horror fan uses to determine the validity of other self proclaimed "fans". Most people will get this answer very wrong and believe whole heartedly they got it correct. But, it is okay, as they're minds are much safer on this side of the veil ...
lol, nice. Although, I'm less of a fan and more of an interested passerby. Admittedly, I mostly know about the mythos (names/titles) rather than their actual content. I've read The Case of Charles Dexter Ward, The Hound, The Thing on the Doorstep, Call of Cthulhu, I'm working on The Shadow Over Innsmouth and At the Mountains of Madness, The Lost City (I think that's what it's called, I'm too lazy to double check it ), and a few others whose names I cannot currently remember. So, I've still a good ways to go before I've read them all.
Old March 23rd, 2008, 07:02 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Most people will refer to it as the Cthulhu Mythos, however, Cthulhu was just a single character in a minor story The Call of Cthulhu, although Cthulhu is mentioned (albeit spelled differently at times) in many stories by Lovecraft and other authors. It should be properly referred to as the Lovecraft Mythos. Many authors have crossed literarily into the Lovecraft Mythos either wholly or just slightly with various references among them Robert E. Howard's Conan series!

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old March 23rd, 2008, 08:54 PM

Hatchetbill has disabled reputation
My wife and I play munchkin quite a bit and we've hooked a few others on it too. Its one of those games were I've had to define for myself which expansions Id get and which I wouldn't so I wouldn't spend an arm and a leg. We use the base game, unnatural axe, clerical errors and the need for steed. We invested in a card shuffler as well
Old March 24th, 2008, 01:57 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchetbill
My wife and I play munchkin quite a bit and we've hooked a few others on it too. Its one of those games were I've had to define for myself which expansions Id get and which I wouldn't so I wouldn't spend an arm and a leg. We use the base game, unnatural axe, clerical errors and the need for steed. We invested in a card shuffler as well
AAAAAAGH!!!!!!

huuh... huuh... huuh... huuh...

AAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!

To me, that's like combing my hair with a lawnmower!!!

Old March 24th, 2008, 02:44 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Well that explains some things...

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games