Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Notices

Old November 1st, 2018, 06:53 AM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Hexscape 3D Heroscape (new thread)

Nice! This would have saved me a ton of time in my learning to use Hexscape 2.0.... a few of my burning questions are answered.
@White Knight or anyone else that feels like trying: I’m fairly certain I’ve downloaded and imported all assets (twice now, actually.) I’m getting errors trying to load some figures, I believe each error states something like “Missing Card for unit”

Happens for:
-Marro Stingers
-Fen Hydra
-Phantom Knights
-(I think Eltahale?)

Can anyone else put those into an army and get them to load on hexscape?
Old November 1st, 2018, 09:51 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwiker View Post
Nice! This would have saved me a ton of time in my learning to use Hexscape 2.0.... a few of my burning questions are answered.
@White Knight or anyone else that feels like trying: I’m fairly certain I’ve downloaded and imported all assets (twice now, actually.) I’m getting errors trying to load some figures, I believe each error states something like “Missing Card for unit”

Happens for:
-Marro Stingers
-Fen Hydra
-Phantom Knights
-(I think Eltahale?)

The Marro Stingers have a mistake. The rest of them load for me.

Fixing the Stingers Manually
Go to the .hexscape directory where it stores the assets
(usually c:\users\(your name)\.hexscape

Go to the \asset\heroscape\cards\classic_MarroStingers subdirectory

Open the card.properties file (in Notepad or Wordpad or some other text editor)

Change 3dFigures=MarroStinger1, MarroStinger2, MarroStinger3 to:
3dFigures=MarroStinger1, MarroStinger1, MarroStinger1
(change the 2 and 3 to 1s)

Save and close the file (do not save with .txt extension)

Reason for change: We've only scanned 1 Marro Warrior figure so far.

Troubleshooting Fen Hydra and Phantom Knights (Method 1)

Go to the \asset\heroscape\cards subdirectory

Manually delete the folders for the Fen Hydra and Phantom Knights

Go to the \asset\heroscape\3dObjects subdirectory

Reinstall the assets using the new combined assets file

Troubleshooting Fen Hydra and Phantom Knights (Method 2)

Go to the \asset\heroscape\cards\classic_FenHydra subdirectory

It should read:
name=Fen Hydra
3dFigures=FenHydra

Go to the \asset\heroscape\3dObjects\FenHydra subdirectory
(if the FenHydra directory is misnamed, that could be an issue)

Verify that there are 3 files in the folder (.mtl, .obj, and .png) and that the .obj file is named FenHydra.obj (with the creation date of 8/8/2014)

Fixing Raelin
The way Hexscape reads objects is in this order:
The Army.hsa file calls out the card: classic_FenHydra
Hexscape goes to the classic_FenHydra folder and looks at the card.properties file for all figures listed in the 3dFigures line (pulling in one figure for each one listed)
Hexscape goes to the 3dObjects folder and looks for a folder with the same name as called out on the 3dFigures line
Hexscape opens that folder and then opens the 3D .obj model that matches the named called out on the 3dFigures line

RaelinSotM has an issue because the card.properties calls out the file:
3dFigures=RaelintheKyrieWarriorSotM

But the .obj file is called RaelinTheKyrieWarriorSotM.obj
(it's subtle, but the T in the is capitalized in the .obj file)

To fix Raelin, you have to
1) in the cards directory, change her folder to RaelintheKyrieWarriorSotM
2) in the card.properties file, change to
3dFigures=RaelinTheKyrieWarriorSotM
3)in the 3dObject folder, change the folder name to RaelinTheKyrieWarriorSotM

If you try the troubleshooting steps and still have an issue, let me know.
Old November 1st, 2018, 08:43 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

@White Knight you are a savage tech savvy scaper for sure! Thank you so much for the detailed help.

Neither of the stinger or PK/Fen suggestions worked, but after digging through my user .hexscape directory, I realized I had NONE of the DND or SOTM unit/card sub-directories for some reason. I tried importing one more time, but nothing changed. I decided to rename my .hexscape directory to .hexscape.old, and took your combined 280 MB asset file, and imported it into my now fresh .hexscape folder.

Tried your stinger fix again, and it worked.

However, I was still getting an error for ANY DND units (greenscales, warforged, etc.) I started digging, and I found all of my hydra, PK, greenscale assets exactly as you stated that they should have been. I pulled up the error and took a snip of it, and I finally realized that it was failing because of the army file I was using! For some reason, all DND units were labeled "dnd_FenHydra" or dnd_PhantomKnights" in the (.hsa? .hsc?) files that I was using to load the armies into the game! I opened those in notepad and changed dnd to classic, and seems everything is gravy now.

Can't add more to your rep, but I appreciate the help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwiker View Post

Happens for:
-Marro Stingers
-Fen Hydra
-Phantom Knights
-(I think Eltahale?)

The Marro Stingers have a mistake. The rest of them load for me.

Fixing the Stingers Manually

Go to the \asset\heroscape\cards\classic_MarroStingers subdirectory

Change 3dFigures=MarroStinger1, MarroStinger2, MarroStinger3 to:
3dFigures=MarroStinger1, MarroStinger1, MarroStinger1
(change the 2 and 3 to 1s)

Save and close the file (do not save with .txt extension)

Reason for change: We've only scanned 1 Marro Warrior figure so far.

Troubleshooting Fen Hydra and Phantom Knights (Method 1)

Go to the \asset\heroscape\cards subdirectory

Go to the \asset\heroscape\3dObjects subdirectory

Reinstall the assets using the new combined assets file

Troubleshooting Fen Hydra and Phantom Knights (Method 2)

Go to the \asset\heroscape\cards\classic_FenHydra subdirectory

It should read:
name=Fen Hydra
3dFigures=FenHydra

Go to the \asset\heroscape\3dObjects\FenHydra subdirectory
(if the FenHydra directory is misnamed, that could be an issue)

Verify that there are 3 files in the folder (.mtl, .obj, and .png) and that the .obj file is named FenHydra.obj (with the creation date of 8/8/2014)

Fixing Raelin
The way Hexscape reads objects is in this order:
The Army.hsa file calls out the card: classic_FenHydra
Hexscape goes to the classic_FenHydra folder and looks at the card.properties file for all figures listed in the 3dFigures line (pulling in one figure for each one listed)
Hexscape goes to the 3dObjects folder and looks for a folder with the same name as called out on the 3dFigures line
Hexscape opens that folder and then opens the 3D .obj model that matches the named called out on the 3dFigures line

RaelinSotM has an issue because the card.properties calls out the file:
3dFigures=RaelintheKyrieWarriorSotM

But the .obj file is called RaelinTheKyrieWarriorSotM.obj
(it's subtle, but the T in the is capitalized in the .obj file)

To fix Raelin, you have to
1) in the cards directory, change her folder to RaelintheKyrieWarriorSotM
2) in the card.properties file, change to
3dFigures=RaelinTheKyrieWarriorSotM
3)in the 3dObject folder, change the folder name to RaelinTheKyrieWarriorSotM

If you try the troubleshooting steps and still have an issue, let me know.
Old November 1st, 2018, 11:11 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@brandonwiker , I got Whiteknight for you with the Rep machine. I'm surprised it let me rep him again. This is a great tool for people just starting out or for people that don't have the time to set up the games on an actual table.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 1st, 2018, 11:54 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

@superfrog asked:
Quote:
How do we get VC figures added? If we could implement an Art step in the C3V where we got enough photos to make serviceable 3D models, that would be cool. Not sure how much work it would be, though.
Here are the steps for adding a figure to Hexscape
1) Obtain a 3D scan of a figure.
2) Import that scan into Blender, clean it up, reduce the resolution so that it loads quicker in Hexscape, and add a clean base (this can be quick or take a while depending on the quality of the scan).
3) Export that cleaned up figure as an .obj file. (There is a procedure for this, and when you do several at once it can be done in less than 5 minutes.)
4) Make the card picture and icon picture.
5) Make the card.properties text file.
6) Zip it all into an asset file.

For scanning the classic figures we used 123D catch and Remake from Autodesk. Unfortunately both of those free programs were discontinued in favor of their higher end software. More unfortunately, it wasn't a stand-alone program but required uploading files to their website, so they are unusable now.

I've heard that 3DF Zephyr can do the same thing, but I haven't tried it yet. I'll try to do a test run over the next few weeks and see how it works.

I DO have some of the VC figures scanned already (thanks to Xorlaf):
Captain John Varan
Cather Spearmen
Command Courier
Count Raymond
Deathstrike Thrall
Eilan Sidhe
Kursus
Marro Gnid
Nhah Scirh Cultist
Quahon
Skeleton of
Skull Demon
Soldier
Tomoe Gozen
Van Nessing
Varkaanan Darkblade
Varkaanan Quickblade
Zettian Deathwing
Zogross
Zombie Hulk

If I can get 3DF Zephyr working, I'll post how to take the pictures and consider adding the C3V figures. (And HoSS, and Marvel). But I'd like some help as well, at least with the non-modelling stuff.
Old November 9th, 2018, 11:40 AM

shmet Woo who?

Is there a list of figures somewhere that need to be 3D scanned? I have free access to a 3D scanner and help using it at my college. I'd be more than willing to help!

Also, is there a thread anywhere of higher quality 3D scans?

Icke skall jag frukta. Ty, fruktan δr sinnedφdaren. Fruktan δr den lilla dφden som bringar fullstδndig fφrintelse.
Old November 9th, 2018, 12:22 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I am similarly willing to help if it means that we can finally have an online VC resource like this.

Unfortunately, it looks like there's a large overlap between the current completed list and my VC colllection. Here's the list of what I have that doesn't match yours:
Spoiler Alert!
Old November 9th, 2018, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmet View Post
Is there a list of figures somewhere that need to be 3D scanned? I have free access to a 3D scanner and help using it at my college. I'd be more than willing to help!

Also, is there a thread anywhere of higher quality 3D scans?
I have two types files: the low-res Hexscape .obj files (with color texture) and higher resolution .stl files with no color texture.
The .stl files can be found here

Note: at the bottom of that OP are two links to additional raw scans from 123D Catch, including some of the VC files.

Does your 3D scanner include the color textures? It would be great if you can scan a figure and link to the file. I'll take a look at it and make sure we can use it in Hexscape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
I am similarly willing to help if it means that we can finally have an online VC resource like this.

Unfortunately, it looks like there's a large overlap between the current completed list and my VC colllection. Here's the list of what I have that doesn't match yours:
Spoiler Alert!
I will put together a new list of figures, including the VC figures.

I tried out 3DF Zephyr and it seems to work pretty well. I'll write up instructions for how to take pictures of figures. Then we'll try it out.

I'd love to get all the VC figures into Hexscape.
Old November 13th, 2018, 11:55 PM

shmet Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Does your 3D scanner include the color textures? It would be great if you can scan a figure and link to the file. I'll take a look at it and make sure we can use it in Hexscape.

Sorry for the late response, I've been super busy! I emailed the people in charge of the scanner and they said it does scan in color. They said it may not be super good, but the current textures aren't super good either right now haha. Once I get the chance I'll scan in something and link to the file. I think I remember seeing that we are missing 2 sculpts for Marro Stingers, so I'll probably do those.

Icke skall jag frukta. Ty, fruktan δr sinnedφdaren. Fruktan δr den lilla dφden som bringar fullstδndig fφrintelse.
Old November 14th, 2018, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmet View Post
Sorry for the late response, I've been super busy! I emailed the people in charge of the scanner and they said it does scan in color. They said it may not be super good, but the current textures aren't super good either right now haha. Once I get the chance I'll scan in something and link to the file. I think I remember seeing that we are missing 2 sculpts for Marro Stingers, so I'll probably do those.
Any figure you can do will be good for a test.

Dissonance has already scanned several of the missing classic squad members for his Tabletop simulator. The mesh files need to be saved as .obj files (right click on link and "save link as").

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissonance View Post
Marro drones
Scan Mesh1 Texture1 Mesh2 Texture2
Marro Stingers
Marrden Nagrubs
Marro Drudge
Granite Guardians (#1 = Obsidian guards repaint)
Scan Mesh1 Texture1 Mesh2 Texture2 Mesh3 Texture3
Obsidian Guards (repaints of Granite guardians)
Mesh1 Texture1 Mesh2 Texture2
Quasatch Hunters (#1 = Dzu-Teh repaint)
Dzu-Teh (repaints of Quasatch hunters)
Mesh1 Texture1 Mesh2 Texture2
Rechets of Bogdan
Ashigaru Yari
Scan1 Scan2 Mesh1 Texture1 Mesh2 Texture2 Mesh3 Texture3
Templar cavalry
Scan1 Scan2 Mesh1 Texture1 Mesh2 Texture2
Blastatrons
Scan1 Scan2 Scan3 Mesh1 Texture 1 Mesh2 Texture2 Mesh3 Texture3
Nakita Agents
Ninjas of the Northern Wind
Deathstalkers
Deathreavers
Warriors of Ashra
Kozuke Samurai
Ashigaru Harquebus
Fyorlag Spiders
10th Regiment of Foot
Wolves of Badru
Grok Riders
Axegrinders of the burning forge
Ullar's Protectors
Mohican River Tribe
Capuan Gladiators
Marro Dividers
Omnicron Repulsors
Goblin Cutters
Greenscale Warriors
Phantom Knights
Warforged Soldiers
Death Knights of Valkrill
Scan Mesh1 Texture1
Mezzodemon Warmongers
Scan Mesh1 Texture1
Deathchasers of Thesk
Horned Skull Brutes
Old November 15th, 2018, 09:27 PM

Red figures I have scans already (for squads, I have a scan of at least one squad figure)
Blue figures I have those figures and can take the pictures myself
Orange figures I can get a model from the internet
Black figures I don't have

C3V and SOV
8th Infantry Pathfinder
20th Maine Volunteers
53rd North Carolina Sharpshooters— 55 Common

Achillean Gladiatrix — 40 Common
Akumaken — 110 Unique
Arashara Goshiri — 200 Unique
Arktos — 95 Unique
Ashi-Dhulu — 115 Unique
Asterios — 120 Unique
Augamo — 155 Unique
Azurite Warlord — 145 Unique

B-11 Resistance Corps — 110 Unique
Bahadur — 120 Unique
Beakface Sneaks — 30 Common
Beorn Boltcutter — 50 Unique
Bloodburst Thrall — 30 Common
Bramcephys — 230 Unique
Brimstone — 150 Unique
Brute Gruts — 65 Unique

Calibrax the Kyrie Warrior — 130 Unique
Capt. John Varan — 80 Unique
Cathar Spearmen — 75 Common

Chen Tang — 90 Unique
Command Courier — 35 Common
Cormin the Dark — 75 Unique
Count Raymond — 90 Unique
Crypt Guardian — 60 Uncommon
Cxurg'gyath — 140 Unique

Darkprowl Thrall — 30 Common
Deathcommander Mark 3 — 130 Unique
Deathstrike Thrall — 30 Common
Dreadgul Raiders — 65 Common
Durgeth Ravagers — 65 Common

Ebon Armor — 125 Unique
Eilan Sidhe — 40 Common
Elaria the Pale — 60 Unique

Emperor Andask — 130 Unique
Executioner 616 — 115 Unique

Garrett Burns — 70 Unique
Gorillitroopers — 105 Common
Gothlok — 130 Unique
Grigor & Rogirg — 170 Unique

Haduc — 100 Unique
Havech Eradicators — 90 Common
Heracles — 200 Unique
Hoplitron — 35 Common
Hrognak — 60 Unique

Jarek Guy — 100 Unique
Josie Whistlestop — 70 Unique

Kantono Daishi — 120 Unique
Kira Jax — 30 Unique
Knights of Blackgaard — 120 Common
Kon-Tar-Na — 150 Unique
Kursus — 55 Unique

Locksley — 130 Unique

M-43 Resistance Fighters — 65 Common

Major J15 — 95 Unique
Maltis Tez — 35 Unique
Manauvi — 110 Unique
Marro Gnids — 50 Common
Martial La Hire — 70 Unique

Master Lao Xin — 130 Unique
Microcorp Troopers — 80 Common
Mok — 220 Unique
Morgoloth — 140 Unique
Myrddin — 90 Unique

Nhah Scirh Cultists — 80 Common
Nicholas Esenwein — 140 Unique

Nottingham Brigand — 35 Common

Omegacron — 180 Unique

Patrick Ferguson — 40 Unique
Pel the Hill Giant — 95 Unique
Preyblood Thrall — 30 Common
Prince al'Kahora — 80 Unique
Priscus — 100 Unique

Quahon — 190 Unique
Quorik Warwitch — 110 Unique

Racheim — 140 Unique
Red Ants of Aunstrom — 40 Common
Rygarn — 90 Unique

Seleena — 35 Unique
Sentinels of Grax - 100 Unique
Shieldsmiths of Granite Keep — 80 Common
Siiv — 40 Unique
Sir Orrick — 50 Unique
Skeletons of Annellintia — 105 Common
Skull Demon — 65 Uncommon

Teeth of the Makwa — 70 Common
Tomb Skeletons — 40 Common
Tomb Skeleton Archers — 30 Common
Tomoe Gozen — 110 Unique
Tyrian the Kyrie Warrior — 110 Unique

Ulfrid Hornwrangler — 100 Unique
Urk — 65 Unique

Van Nessing — 105 Unique
The Varja — 160 Unique
Varkaanan Blade Dancers — 80 Common
Varkaanan Darkclaws — 120 Unique
Varkaanan Greyspears — 110 Unique
Varkaanan Quickblades — 100 Unique
Varkaanan Swiftfangs — 80 Unique
Viceron the Blood Knight — 130 Unique
Vulcanmech Incendiborgs — 180 Unique

Xualtiaca Fire Ants — 55 Common

Yi Feng — 60 Unique

Zaeus — 130 Unique
Zettian Deathwings — 50 Common
Zettian Infantry — 65 Common
Zhen Yuan — 70 Unique
Zogross Hardscale — 120 Unique
Zombie Hulk — 60 Uncommon

HoSS 
2-1B (50 points)
4-LOM (105 points)
Admiral Ozzel (70 points)
Atgar Cannon (50 points)
AT-ST (200 points)
A-Zulmun (170 points)
B1 Battle Droids
Bespin Guards (70 points)
Bib Fortuna (90 points)
Boba Fett (170 points)
Bossk (130 points)
C-3PO (10 points)

C-3PO, Deity (50 points)
Chewbacca (120 points)
Cloud Car Pilots (125 points)
Darth Vader (220 points)
Darth Vader (ESB) (230 points)
Death Star Troopers (60 points)
Dengar (110 points)
Duros Thugs (50 Points)
Emperor Palpatine (170 points)

E-Web Trooper (100 points)
Ewok Glider (30 points)
Ewok Hunters (60 points)
Ewok Scout (30 points)
FX-7 (35 points)
Gamorrean Guards (65 points)
General Veers (100 points)
Grand Admiral Thrawn (125 points)
Grand Moff Tarkin (160 points)
Greedo (30 points)
Gungan Calvary
Han Solo (120 points)

Han Solo (General) (160 points)
Han Solo, Hoth (110 points)
Heavy Stormtrooper (35 points)
IG-88A (180 points)
IG-88B (150 points)
IG-88C (140 points)
IG-88D (130 points)
Imperial Guard (150 points)
Imperial Speeder Bike (35 points)
Imperial Officer (85 points)
Jabba the Hutt (140 points)
Jawas (35 points)
Lando Calrissian (100 points)
Lobot (80 points)
Logray (60 points)
Luke Skywalker (farmboy) (90 points)
Luke Skywalker (padawan) (110 points)
Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight (200 points)
Major Derlin (100 points)
Militiagung Infantry
Militiagung Shieldbearer

Obi-Wan Kenobi (150 points)
Prince Xizor (140 points)
Princess Leia Organa (100 points)
Princess Leia Organa, Boushh (85 points)
Princess Leia Organa (Endor) (50 points)
Probe Droid (25 points)
Quarren Thugs (50 points)
R2-D2 (30 points)
Rancor (205 points)
Rebel Captain (65 points)
Rebel Heavy Gunner (65 points)
Rebel Snow Troopers (65 points)
Rebel Troopers (55 points)
Rebel Vanguard (75 points)
Rodian Thugs (50 points)
Sarlaac
Sarlaac Tentacles

Scout Troopers (40 points)
Snowtroopers (70 points)
Stormtroopers (80 points)
Tusken Raiders (50 points)

Tusken Snipers (130 points)
Wampa (110 points)
Wicket (40 points)
Yoda (100 points)
Zuckuss (95 points)
Old December 5th, 2018, 02:18 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Is a 3d scanner required or are there other means to generate a 3d scan?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software