Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old May 30th, 2006, 11:21 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
Nilfheim--grant snow/ice movement
Why would Nilfheim need snow/ice movement? He can fly.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old May 31st, 2006, 09:32 AM

ArchonShiva has disabled reputation
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by reapersaurus
My tweaks are rather small now:
Still, you tweaks enhance a lot of figures that are already rather good for the points, so I'm not too sure about that. You're playing with fire.

By respect for your fellow posters, please refrain from gratuitous use of the terms "******", "****", "****", "*****", "***", "****", "***", "******", "******" and "GenCon exclusive".
Old June 1st, 2006, 01:53 AM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosChild
Quote:
Nilfheim--grant snow/ice movement
Why would Nilfheim need snow/ice movement? He can fly.
In a poor design choice by Hasbro, flying figures are hit with the snow penalty when they land....they have to count the landing as two spaces.
Old June 1st, 2006, 02:01 AM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by reapersaurus
Quote:
I've never thought that these looked wrong.
The only evidence that needs to be entered for this fig mix-up is that multiple times, even kids have immediately looked at those 2 figures and asked, (paraphrased) "So why does the robot with the machine gun on it have a bomb attack, and vice-versa?"

It is clear as 10-year olds see it.
I've played with a lot of kids, and I've never seen a one mix them up or say that one should have the other's weapons....8. Like I say, they look right to me. 9K's got a rocket pod on his one hand and a gun on his other. 8K's got a gun on his right hand and a rocket on his left. They both have both kinds of weapon if you want to get technical, and with 9K being the bulkier/chunkier figure I'd surely make him the 9K. I've never seen anyone except you and a few of your followers and other folks around the site say that he doesn't look like the right figure.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I'd as soon swap Carr and Drake or Krug and Dund....makes about as much sense to me.
Old June 1st, 2006, 09:37 AM

shakey_snake has disabled reputation
moved to it's own thread...
Old June 1st, 2006, 11:05 AM
has been BANNED

Jason is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
With Stealth Dodge and Gaze 14 I'd draft Dund Alot
Old June 1st, 2006, 11:05 AM

ArchonShiva has disabled reputation
[quote="jcb231We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I'd as soon swap Carr and Drake or Krug and Dund....makes about as much sense to me.[/quote]Drake has a grappling gun the size of my grandmother, and Carr's ranged attack is only two dice (assuming you see it as a weapon). I don't think it likely.

I'll give you Krug and Dund, however: nothing in their powers determines a particular look for the figure.

By respect for your fellow posters, please refrain from gratuitous use of the terms "******", "****", "****", "*****", "***", "****", "***", "******", "******" and "GenCon exclusive".
Old June 2nd, 2006, 09:24 AM

gorillanator has disabled reputation
I think that Raelin and Taelord should both be eachothers counterparts. Raelin adds defense for the Sentinels and she could have say 5 defense and shields of valor, but if you did this you would have to raise her point amount to maybe 180? And Taelord gives attack to he Minions and has 3 attack and deadly strike. And if you wanted to you could make both of the squads bond with their Kyrie leader.

Violence is not the answer.

Make peace!
Old June 2nd, 2006, 09:56 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
WOw , great thread, arn't we all having fun.

I would say the point should be to tweak he units that don't get used, and get them into the mix.

Top of my list:

Omnicron snipers-I have alwasy thought ( and I have stated before and heard it stated ) should have a glide move or something that would let them ignor elevations of 1 and glide over 1 space of water with out haveing to stop. This would let them get the elevation they need. A slight tweak, but it would help get them used more. Or just make them 80 pts.

Roman archers: Can be on different level, and here is the biggy, they can have 2 guys combine for a 4 attack.

Dund: yea let him do the special before or after moving.

Those are the main ones. I actually now use the gorillinators once in a while, but I really think their tough should be verses all attacks.

Taelord, price him down to what he is worth, here I am not sure hard to say, maybe 150, maybe 120. That would be a great poll, what do you think Taelord the way he is should be priced. I would vote 130 points.

Of course we have some house rules we like that help tweak the cards.

For line of fire mimrig attack you get +1 def. dice if you are in water.

Great cards ST, keep them coming, be sure someone will be using them.

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old June 23rd, 2006, 02:02 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Dund and Khosumet I can see the need to tweak...they almost never get used in our games. The others though, I just don't see the problems. All these units already see plenty of use. (I don't have parmenio yet, so I'll see how I feel about him.)

With normal (4 or 5) life and bonding, I'd use khosumet.

With stare before OR after move, I'm still not sure if I would use Dund. Don't quite know what it would take.
Old June 23rd, 2006, 02:27 PM
ultradoug

Re: Truth's Official Card Reworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth
Okay so I'm making a thread in which I'm doing alternative versions of some of the official card releases.

Shall I start with the most infamous?

I give you Taelord:

I upped his life by one and gave him deadly strike.

From the official bio:
"For his savagery, strength and stamina, Taelord was rewarded with a drink from a Wellspring."

Now he's earned that drink
Why did he loose disengage?
Old June 23rd, 2006, 03:32 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendal
WOw , great thread, arn't we all having fun.

I would say the point should be to tweak he units that don't get used, and get them into the mix.
I agree - this is exactly the point of this thread.

The problem with the Snipers is their danged Deadly Strike - you can't mess around with that, since it is SO disproportionately dangerous.
If someone could come up with a thematic, small fun power for them,. I'd welcome it. That glide power doesn't scream "robot" to me, but is somewhere around the effect/power level that may help them.
The problem with making up new additions to them is that there's no way there would ever be a concensus from most people. The majority of posters here are reluctant to change any official unit, even if the unit is almost never drafted.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units