Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old September 20th, 2006, 04:36 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Moving Figures on and off Sajon’s Siege Tower: This section will be used for describing exactly how everything involving the tower as terrain works. i.e. figures moving on, off, and in the tower. It will also describe things like the height values of the three different levels of the tower. Moving onto the ladder. Moving from the ladder to a platform (I’m thinking we make it so they can only move from a particular rung of the ladder to its coinciding platform for 1 movement space.) Moving onto the deployment ramp. Moving from the deployment ramp to stationary terrain. Moving from stationary terrain to the deployment ramp. Etc. (diagrams throughout)

Destroying Sajon’s Siege Tower: This section will detail rules involving what happens to figure that were on the tower when it was destroyed. Destroying the tower will work similarly to destroying the castle door.

Lowering and Raising the Deployment Ramp: This section will detail rules for opening the deployment ramp, allowing figures to move out onto their besieged terrain. (I’m thinking the figure on the same level of the tower that the deployment ramp is on may open it for one movement point.) This section will also detail closing the deployment ramp back up so that enemies can’t swarm your tower and take it over. (I’m thinking they need to be adjacent to those hand cranks and spend 2-3 movement points.)

So, just trying to lay down some sections for the rules book. Can anyone see any thing I'm missing (including the previous sections on moving). Anything that will need to be clarified about the thing that dosn't fit into one of those sections?

I'm thinking of also putting the ramming rules on the card for reference.
Old September 20th, 2006, 04:45 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus

UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker
Another thing that we need to take into consideration is generalizing the seige tower rules somewhat to encompass any other interpretations of seige towers. I am sure that other people will contruct their own towers that will be shorter, taller, wider, smaller, etc.

Or are we just focusing on this rendition of a seige tower...?

UPC's Heroscape Strategy Blog (and whatever else the Muse sends my way...)

Old September 20th, 2006, 04:47 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by UranusPChicago
Another thing that we need to take into consideration is generalizing the seige tower rules somewhat to encompass any other interpretations of seige towers. I am sure that other people will contruct their own towers that will be shorter, taller, wider, smaller, etc.

Or are we just focusing on this rendition of a seige tower...?
Well, I've kind of been focusing on getting this tower right. Once this one is fully functional, then alot of the problems we've solved and wording we've used can be adapted to other towers making modifications for their differences.
Old September 20th, 2006, 06:24 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Hey rules are secondary.......we want to know besides using spare glyphs and castle ladders how did you build the damn thing! :P

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old September 21st, 2006, 12:15 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth
I'm thinking of also putting the ramming rules on the card for reference
Can this thing ram the castle door? Should we devise rules for all seige engine movement etc?

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old September 21st, 2006, 12:24 AM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
Quote:
Can this thing ram the castle door? Should we devise rules for all seige engine movement etc?
Standardized movement could only help.

Also we need rules that prevent the tower from "climbing" during its move. When writing rules for my battering ram and mantlets I created this rule.

Wheels: This unit counts as having a height of 2 for movement purposes.
Old September 21st, 2006, 12:27 AM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth
Here's another question: Should the tower be purchasable with points at the begining of a game, or should it be written into a siege scenario? If the later I think we should include a scenario or two in the Sajon's Siege Tower rules book we come up with.
It should only be written into the scenario. With the variety of castle layouts, there's just no way to assign a valid points value to this bad boy.
Old September 21st, 2006, 01:19 AM

outtakontroll is surprisingly tart
I just read this thread and had an idea. Instead of having the tower placed in the open on the map, start it out at the beginning of the game up against the castle wall and only allowing it to move from side to side along the wall only. This would prevent any issues with moving it on to a differnt level (height) since the scenario map will be made expecially for this type of game. And visioning how hard this thing is going to be to occupy without getting sniped from the castle wall to begin with (let alone having to fight to move this thing up to the wall) Just start it out there.

Maybe I am way off base here but its just a suggestion.

.......................outtakontroll

He who dies with the most toyz winz, But still diez!
Old September 21st, 2006, 08:40 AM
Beautiful Colby

Quote:
Quote:
How do you feel about it ramming the castle door? Should it be able to?

How do you feel about the current moving rules so far GB?
Old September 21st, 2006, 08:42 AM
Beautiful Colby

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbistro
Quote:
Quote:
Standardized movement could only help.

Also we need rules that prevent the tower from "climbing" during its move. When writing rules for my battering ram and mantlets I created this rule.

Wheels: This unit counts as having a height of 2 for movement purposes.
This thing is 3 hexes long and can only move 4 spaces at a time... It ignores the first level of height to get it over little bumps in terrain and such... But I don't see it being able to climb itself very far up.
Old September 21st, 2006, 09:03 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The movement rules are looking good. There should be no ability to cross water or to do any kind of falling. The tower should not be allowed to be summoned so it will need a rule similar to the door that prevents powers from affecting it. Furthermore it should not be affected by move glyphs and so on.

Alot of medeivel seige towers had rams also built in, so I thought that if we were designing these things we might as well throw rams in too:

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old September 21st, 2006, 09:05 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Here's the one I want to get from Playmobile: It looks perfect:

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions