Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old January 5th, 2017, 07:45 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: Cleveland, Columbus, and Pittsburgh (C2P) Tournament 2/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
I have 3 & 2/3 sets (missing trees and the single hexes, added to my AotP box and played with tonight, but I digress). I actually have 3 of every set except D&D and Tundra I have 2 and fortress sets I have 5, but want to sell down to two of each set. Except one of my Jungle and Lava sets are custom. I don't want to bring more than a couple maps just to save me from having to come too early or stay too late.
How about you bring Vestige and Thy Kindness Freezes? Then all that's left is Blackroot, which I have enough castle to build the road for that leaving only the trees needed which you, FS, or @TrollBrute could provide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimnak View Post
Since customs seem to be allowed, can the prototype version of Hatamoto Taro please be allowed?
What are everyone's thoughts on this one? On one hand it's overruling what the creators eventually did, yet on another it's making the figure more useful and I mean, obviously the creators had this version somewhere along the line.

Also, @Grimnak what terrain sets do you have? Would you be able to build Blackroot (1 SotM, 2 RttFF) or Thy Kindness Feeezes (1 RotV, 2 RttFF, 1 TT) yourself?

Last edited by Sheep; January 6th, 2017 at 07:13 PM.
Old January 5th, 2017, 08:02 AM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Oh, and the guy at M.A.D. Bros got the Facebook page up. If you can also state there that you're coming/interested, that would be great! If you can't, just say something here so I know to include you in the count. Thanks!
Old January 5th, 2017, 09:11 AM

Grimnak knows what's in an order marker Grimnak knows what's in an order marker Grimnak knows what's in an order marker

I doubt I'll be able to logistically bring a map; this is my first tournament. The drive is also fairly lengthy so I'm sure we'll be getting there at exactly 12:30.

The way I see it, prototype HT is better than using customs since the original creators did in fact make it.
Old January 5th, 2017, 12:15 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I've no issue with supplying trees.

As a person who likes Taro's figure, prototype Taro is an for me.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old January 6th, 2017, 07:07 PM

Prototype Taro will be allowed.

In talking to the guy at MAD Bros, he said there's a guy interested that has around 8 people that play (if you're thinking how is that guy NOT on HeroScapers you're not alone ). Anyways, that guy also has numerous terrain sets. I hope to get in contact with him soon.

As part of an effort to build my own collection and be able to share figures with players who need them for the day, I will be putting some money (thinking $50 right now) towards figures that players are in need of for that day. The way I will do this is if you need figures, PM me first. I will make a list of the needed figures and then ask around to other players if they can provide them for you. Any figures that can't be provided I will just purchase and lend to you for the day. Hoping to do this for all tournaments.
Old January 6th, 2017, 08:37 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Check out my items for sale on the BGG marketplace and I wile give up to 25% discount (an no shipping) if you want to buy from me at the tourney. Sorry if seems like spam.
Old January 7th, 2017, 10:10 AM

Grimnak knows what's in an order marker Grimnak knows what's in an order marker Grimnak knows what's in an order marker

I have one additional request for this tournament and all future ones held in this area that I think will go a long way in increasing the viability of the super-cool flagbearers (that, let's face it, are hardly used).

I propose the following minor change: When rolling Ullar Valkyrie dice for Acolarh's Leaf of the Home Tree Aura, players are allowed to roll 12 dice instead of 10.

This is a personal houserule that has been decently successful. Acolarh is still not broken by any means as he still fails his ability more than enough times. Still, this enables him to somewhat fill his 110 point cost.

Thoughts?
Old January 8th, 2017, 04:33 PM

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Honestly, besides using the prototype Hatamoto Taro, you either need to go all out and use all the Competitive Unit Congress (CUC) cards (which includes the 12 dice Acolarh) or do none at all. I personally like playing with CUC as well as my CUA cards but understand if you want a tournament to be friendly for non forum users it is best not to do too many custom things, and I don't think we should do this tourney. Again Hatamoto Taro is the exception because it was the official card posted on the Heroscape website for years, and Cryptoliths are the terrain exception because it is produced in the "spiritual successor" to Heroscape in Magic:Arena by the same designers of Heroscape, but I totally get if people disagree with me.
Old January 8th, 2017, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Honestly, besides using the prototype Hatamoto Taro, you either need to go all out and use all the Competitive Unit Congress (CUC) cards (which includes the 12 dice Acolarh) or do none at all. I personally like playing with CUC as well as my CUA cards but understand if you want a tournament to be friendly for non forum users it is best not to do too many custom things, and I don't think we should do this tourney. Again Hatamoto Taro is the exception because it was the official card posted on the Heroscape website for years, and Cryptoliths are the terrain exception because it is produced in the "spiritual successor" to Heroscape in Magic:Arena by the same designers of Heroscape, but I totally get if people disagree with me.
My thoughts exactly. There are various other ways to get figures that aren't used, used more. However, house rulings are not one of them. I would love to run a tournament eventually using CUC or Legacy (the point adjusted cards), just not for this first one.
Old January 8th, 2017, 08:15 PM

12 dice Acolarh already exists in the CUC? I actually was totally unaware of this and thought our group had made that up :P

Anyways, I completely understand. I've just always taken a liking to those flagbearers, and considering how expensive they are, it's a shame to not see them used at all.
Old January 18th, 2017, 02:27 PM

Still have to think of army but planning on coming. Also, just want to let others know of cons coming up - post on CincyCon, Lexicon, & Origins 2017 if you would be interested in going. We would either do CincyCon or do something that weekend at the same place that February's tournament is at. Maybe it would be fun to do semi-monthly tournaments opposite months in NorthEast and SouthWest Ohio.
Quote:
CincyCon - March 3-4-5, Butler County Fairgrounds ($20/weekend, $15/day)
Lexicon Tabletop Gaming Convention - May 5th thru 7th, Lexington, KY ($35-45/weekend, $20-25/day)
Origins Game Fair - June 14 – 18, Columbus, OH ($60-70/weekend, $25-30/day)
Old January 21st, 2017, 05:15 PM

hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker

I am not sure how up-to-date the map info is, so...
Is there a particular map or two you would like for me to bring? I have always liked fulcrum, and it has a small footprint that makes it easier to transport, but i can bring what you want.

Are we going to be using random treasure glyphs? If so, how will that work? I understand the face down power glyph procedure, just not sure how you will randomize treasure glyphs with power glyphs when they are different colors. Or I am just missing something obvious?

Thanks again. Really looking forward to this.

good trades with rudyvalentine, crazytankster, and Jexik.

Last edited by hose; January 21st, 2017 at 05:17 PM. Reason: maybe more clear on the question...

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events