Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old June 10th, 2013, 07:09 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: How to Host Your First Heroscape Tournament

Hosted my first tourney on Sunday. It went well, even though I forgot the score sheets I printed out.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old June 10th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Terrific! I hope the OP was helpful, or gives you ideas for next time. More importantly, I hope everyone had fun!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 10th, 2013, 10:48 PM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Great! Germantown is actually a pretty good location for some of the mid Atlantic Scapers. Post in the MARS thread looking for interest. It looks like you're thinking about the right things.

If you decide to go for it, definitely check the MARS thread and make sure the date works.
It's actually in Clarksburg, but that town is directly above Germantown. In fact the border between the two is very difficult to determine. I'll take a look at the Mar's thread tomorrow morning. Thanks.

Feeling like an old lurker. 15 years, wow. That's half as long as I've lived. Love y'all like family.
Old June 10th, 2013, 11:15 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It might've helped me subconsciously because I read it a while ago. I sent out a Google form to pick the date, and banned Marvel and polled interest in VC. The location was already set though, and we have a pretty noncompetitive (not nonskilled) group, so TDing is not that demanding.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old June 10th, 2013, 11:17 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Excellent. My goal with this thread was just to make sure people weren't afraid of trying, so regardless of whether you benefited from that message, you sharing here will help others understand it can be done.

Good and thanks for posting!

= =
Old November 9th, 2013, 11:42 AM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

This thread was really useful DS, thank you. I am trying to organize my first event and this has helped a lot

-NS
Old November 9th, 2013, 03:04 PM

Djangorabbit is surprisingly tart

Has anybody from "Out-of-State" ever come to your tournaments?

Django Talenso Rabbit
Old November 9th, 2013, 05:31 PM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!

How would one go about a three player tourney? There would obviously be smaller armies and complex maps, but would there need to be a special rule. Kill the man on the left for instance?
Old November 10th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
This thread was really useful DS, thank you. I am trying to organize my first event and this has helped a lot
Thanks, NS. I want everyone to feel like it's possible, because it is. I'm sure you will have an excellent time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djangorabbit View Post
Has anybody from "Out-of-State" ever come to your tournaments?
Sure! In our tournament yesterday, we had players from New Jersey and Virginia. In the past we've had guys come down from Pennsylvania, too. Of course, in the mid-Atlantic we make our states a little smaller than you guys do out west...

Quote:
Originally Posted by betawolf36 View Post
How would one go about a three player tourney? There would obviously be smaller armies and complex maps, but would there need to be a special rule. Kill the man on the left for instance?
I've heard "kill the man on the left" is an effective format. I played it once in a casual game. Look in the second post for my description of my favorite format, which is multiplayer, and plays 3 well.

= =
Old January 6th, 2014, 11:51 PM

majestic goat knows what's in an order marker majestic goat knows what's in an order marker majestic goat knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
This was the best place I could find to ask this, besides making a new thread.

How does everyone feel about having events at people's homes?
I've hosted several tournaments at my house. I actually prefer it because of the flexibility. We might get creative with army requirements or even build (gasp) asymmetrical maps! I usually don't charge anything for anyone that comes - the wife is kind enough to make snacks for everyone (I married a good woman)... I usually send out a blanket email to people I've met in person or played with before - kind of a pre-screen process I guess. There aren't usually any table prizes - the only thing people walk away with are war stories, some cheesy themed trophies I often make and bragging rights until the next time. It's all fun and let's me not feel so guilty about that room full of expensive plastic I have...
Old January 21st, 2014, 08:25 AM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic goat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
This was the best place I could find to ask this, besides making a new thread.

How does everyone feel about having events at people's homes?
I've hosted several tournaments at my house. I actually prefer it because of the flexibility. We might get creative with army requirements or even build (gasp) asymmetrical maps! I usually don't charge anything for anyone that comes - the wife is kind enough to make snacks for everyone (I married a good woman)... I usually send out a blanket email to people I've met in person or played with before - kind of a pre-screen process I guess. There aren't usually any table prizes - the only thing people walk away with are war stories, some cheesy themed trophies I often make and bragging rights until the next time. It's all fun and let's me not feel so guilty about that room full of expensive plastic I have...
I for having tournaments anywhere.

However I think some people may shy away from coming if it is in a home -vs- a public place. The more obvious reason would probably be the room.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old April 9th, 2014, 10:44 PM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!

How does everyone feel about running a tourney at a church...?

"elvenwizard9." Now that's a username I've not heard in a long time.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events