Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 19th, 2013, 12:57 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroes of Ninja Turtle 'Scape.

If I may...
On the card; Switch the Leader and the Turtle power abilities on the card. In re-reading this thread I think the Turtle Power, Counterstrike and Phantom Walk are the right basis for the turtles and I like the Leader ability for Leo.
Switching these abilities allows the player to find the difference between the TMNTs quickly.

Actually I kind of like the white color around the TMNT lettering but it does need to be dropped closer to Leo's name.
I think Balantai's right about the green goo instead of the pizza.

I would also suggest concentrating on finishing the Turtles before moving to the other characters in the lore.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; March 19th, 2013 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Keep on going with this. Take a Rock Steady approach...sorry :)
Old March 19th, 2013, 01:31 PM

JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Besides that pizza stuff came later if I remember correctly.
The original TMNT was much darker than the cartoons/movies.

There is a crossover cartoon when more current turtles join forces with the original cartoon turtles, so much cheese.
The best part is they actually go to the dimension with the original comic book turtles. Dark and gritty, Raphael wants to stay there.
LOL I love that movie! yep, that was the case! Green Goo it is! and Amiss, sure, I can change that. Balantai doesn't like where the lettering is so I'll end up redooing it anyway! Thanks for your sudgestion, and it is coming together. I'll have it ready by sometime tonight!
Old March 19th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

If I can find some time, I'll try to create a card blank myself.
Old March 19th, 2013, 01:55 PM

JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby!

Okay gents, here's what I got goin'

[IMG][/IMG]

Is this one any better?
Old March 19th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Better.

"Teenage Mutant Ninja" is unreadable.

The logo still needs to come down.

"Life" is unreadable

Mutant Goo needs to come down.

Move, Range, Attack and Defense must be aligned.

Points is missing under the point box.
Old March 19th, 2013, 03:48 PM

Okay, like this?

[IMG][/IMG]
Old March 19th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

It's definitely getting much better:

The icon is still spilling into the border. Maybe if the size is reduced a bit.

Can you darken the concrete a bit more?

Can the background in the panels be blurred? I'm not sure what the design is, but it's odd. The colors are great, though.

The LIFE text doesn't look right. I think it's because you're using that green shadow and it's mixing with the green goo. (The green goo is great!) Maybe change it to be solid black?

The green hexes should probably be a bit lighter. I don't really like how they shine through so much.

Sorry for being so picky. I do the same things to my cards.
Old March 19th, 2013, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
It's definitely getting much better:

The icon is still spilling into the border. Maybe if the size is reduced a bit.

Can you darken the concrete a bit more?

Can the background in the panels be blurred? I'm not sure what the design is, but it's odd. The colors are great, though.

The LIFE text doesn't look right. I think it's because you're using that green shadow and it's mixing with the green goo. (The green goo is great!) Maybe change it to be solid black?

The green hexes should probably be a bit lighter. I don't really like how they shine through so much.

Sorry for being so picky. I do the same things to my cards.
Okay, the Icon Spilling I thought looked cool. Did you guys think it looked dumb?

I think darkening the concrete will make it a blurry mess, so I dont think that is the best option

The LIFE text doesn't look quite proper, I'll get right on that!

The Green/ Brown stuff is metal grating over raw sewage. I was hoping everybody would get that.
Old March 19th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Quote:
Originally Posted by JESUSFREAK View Post
The Green/ Brown stuff is metal grating over raw sewage. I was hoping everybody would get that.
I see it now. I didn't see it before. What if the grates were black instead of gray?
Old March 19th, 2013, 05:09 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The Icon is not dumb but not right. I think spilling doesn't help and it's very dark for me to read easily (but my eyes are old).

Try switching 'Life' back to white over the green goo. I think the problem is that the black gets lost with the darkness of the concrete.

Personally I wouldn't darken the concrete any further.

I didn't get the over sewage part but I do like the design. I believe Balantai is trying to say you should make the bright green a more faded shade of green (or apparently grey) on the grates. (Leave the goo - it's perfect). That will lets the abilities that spill onto it be more readable.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; March 19th, 2013 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Grates were ninja'd - kind of the right thread for that!
Old March 19th, 2013, 05:13 PM

Okay, I might understand where your coming from about the symbol, but I cnat edit it anymore without changing the entire card. I feel years draining off my life every time I post another card on here, so rest assured I fixed the word "LIFE" I just aint gonna post it right now! Balantai, sorry but, like with the logo, the card has gone too far for me to change the grating color. I didn't save that data, as nobody pointed out any problems with it. Sorry. I think most of the stuff being pointed out on the card wont look so bad If we've got the text on here! What about photos? I found these

[IMG][/IMG]

Do these work for anybody? If not, post one You've found!

EDIT: Gosh! I hate PAINT! The photo's do NOOOOTTTT LOOK THAT BLURRY ON THE PROGRAM ON WHICH I MAKE THE CARDS!!!(oooh, I sounded Like a Kraangdroid there! LOL!)

Last edited by JESUSFREAK; March 19th, 2013 at 05:20 PM.
Old March 19th, 2013, 06:10 PM

Okay, here's were we're at with leo:

[IMG][/IMG]

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards