Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old July 15th, 2010, 09:41 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
DFW Dungeon Crawl Day - Featuring Knights of the Daystorm!

Unfortunately my venue is no longer available. It's a good news/bad news thing. We got a new contract, but because of the nature of the contract, it means we have to change our security protocols around the new products. As a result, I will not be allowed to bring guests into the building after hours.

It was a pretty small attendance list, so hopefully nobody will be too disappointed if I just table this event for a while. I am not in a position to scramble to find a venue in a week and a half, and NHSD is coming up soon after anyway.

Thanks to the people who did show an interest. I'm convinced this would be a great event, I'm just not a very good organizer!

-CheddarLimbo

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by CheddarLimbo; September 8th, 2010 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Canceled....Wha-wha-whaaaaaaa!
Old July 15th, 2010, 11:19 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: DFW Dungeon Crawl Day - Featuring Knights of the Daystor

I am in!

Dependent on the finalized date (of course).

I know folks are tired of slogging all the way to Madness, but if we could use the room free on a Saturday night, that is where I'd like to do it.

Would the whole campaign set up use up more than the two big tables?

Would we have more than two set ups going at once?

I would imagine it would be more fun going through an area surrounded by folks going through other areas would be more fun.

How many GMs would we need?

My 2 cents is for it happening at Madness.

Mainly because it gets more folks into Heroscape.

There are a TON of people that play D&D at Madness. Maybe we could get Chris to invite some of them?

But if running through the whole thing takes more than 4ish hours, I could see a Saturday afternoon at CheddarLimbo's work place being preferable.

CheddarLimbo
DrLivingston

Doopa is Polish for awesome.

Last edited by DrLivingston; July 15th, 2010 at 11:20 PM. Reason: I was hoping Velenne would be at the TEXAS Draft to confab about this, but he is quite the disapearing ninja trick lately...
Old July 15th, 2010, 11:38 PM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation

I would be game for it,
however dependant on date and time, etc
personally I'd rather see this on a saturday rather than a sunday.

cheers
Rod

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old July 16th, 2010, 12:53 AM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

CheddarLimbo
DrLivingston
Rodriquez
Tmac2200

Sounds fun, but could I propose a venue? The LoneStar comics near me recently moved to a new location and it is alot bigger now and the owners seem to think that heroscape isn't popular in my area so that would be killing two birds with one stone.
Old July 16th, 2010, 01:02 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

I am in depending on what date you pick.

The last weekend in August and first in September are no good for me, but do it whenever it works best.

I was about to dog cuss you, CL, becasue I thought you were trying to do this GenCon weekend.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; July 16th, 2010 at 01:24 AM.
Old July 16th, 2010, 09:54 PM

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac2200 View Post
Sounds fun, but could I propose a venue? The LoneStar comics near me recently moved to a new location and it is alot bigger now and the owners seem to think that heroscape isn't popular in my area so that would be killing two birds with one stone.
I'll consider other options for venues, but realistically, I'm the most comfortable with Madness or my warehouse. Both are historically proven venues.

I have hesitations about trying to start a new working relationship with another comic store while also trying to put this all together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLivingston View Post

Would the whole campaign set up use up more than the two big tables?
It's 4 themed maps, plus Sanctuary, which is a 4 MOP map... So I think we could set up ONE full scenario on those two tables.

Quote:
Would we have more than two set ups going at once?
That would depend one a couple of factors... Namely, how many people want to play and how many people can I get to GM?

Quote:
I would imagine it would be more fun going through an area surrounded by folks going through other areas would be more fun.
I tried three times to understand that... You mean it would be more exciting with spectators?

Quote:
How many GMs would we need?
Again, it depends on how many people want to play.

Quote:
My 2 cents is for it happening at Madness.

Mainly because it gets more folks into Heroscape.

There are a TON of people that play D&D at Madness. Maybe we could get Chris to invite some of them?

But if running through the whole thing takes more than 4ish hours, I could see a Saturday afternoon at CheddarLimbo's work place being preferable.
I've never played straight through it because I don't have enough terrain myself to set up the whole campaign. Maybe Velenne could weigh in on that?

Last edited by CheddarLimbo; July 16th, 2010 at 10:04 PM.
Old July 16th, 2010, 11:46 PM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation

humm guess is need to get a print out of vel's campaign and set it up here.
the last weekend of august and labor day weekend are both out for me.

I don't mind GM'ing if need be

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old July 17th, 2010, 10:01 AM

That would be a big help Rod, thank you. It would tell us both how long to expect a straight run through, and how much space it all takes up.

Old July 17th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
Quote:
I tried three times to understand that... You mean it would be more exciting with spectators?
I just meant that it might be cooler if several people are moving heroes through different sections on the same big table. That way you could see how things were going for other folks and talk back and forth and what not.

I think that would be more fun than each section on a different table.

When I playtested with Velenne he had a friend be all the "bad guys" while I ran a group of heroes. He would just kind of watch and step in every once and a while when we has questions.

So you could probably get away with one or two GMs and have several bad guy players.

Perhaps bad guy players could even switch out with heroe players after a section?

Velenne would know. Where are you Velenne?!?!?

Doopa is Polish for awesome.
Old July 20th, 2010, 09:59 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Will there be downtime in-between matches or will it be straight room to room? Will there be time for pickup games or is this similar to a tourny in time?
Old July 20th, 2010, 10:16 PM

That's a good question, Tmac. Playing through the entire campaign is essentially 5 matches, though each should take less time than 5 normal tourney level matches. They are more like Skirmishes with smaller point totals.

One of the bigger challenges of this idea is trying to get everyone into a room they haven't played yet. The campaign does not require that you play them in a certain order (and in fact your army and strategy might lend itself to playing in a certain order of your own choosing).

If you wanted to break in between some rooms, or if one of the rooms you needed next wasn't available, you might have some down time.

Old July 21st, 2010, 07:52 PM

jaramillohector Woo who?

You can count me, my wife (raven) and my son (moonwalker) in. As long as its not at the end of september. I'm going to look at the scenario now so I'm sure i will have a ton of questions later.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events