Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Maps & Scenarios

Old March 14th, 2010, 03:40 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Fast Lane - a competitive C3G map

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Dude, use the time bomb under the bridge! How awesome would that be? Also, it would give plenty of reasons to get the heck off of that bridge once it is activated.

Knockback rules would be a great addition to this map as well. Punching people over or against the walls of the bridge.

I think this map could be lots of fun with those introductions.
Knockback would be awesome on this map. How's this for a first crack at time bomb rules:

Glyph of Time Bomb: This card begins the game with four Time counters. At the end of each round, if an unengaged figure controls this glyph and has not moved or attacked this turn, the controlling player may either remove or add one Time counter to this card. If at the end of any turn this card has no time counters on it, this glyph detonates. If at any time this card has seven Time counters on it, remove the glyph from the game.

We'd of course have to determine what "detonate" means. I'm thinking of identifying certain portions of the bridge that would be removed and all figures on them take a certain number of unblockable hits plus falling damage.
Old March 14th, 2010, 03:45 PM

mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness

That would make for an exciting battle, with joker trying to get to the glyph to blow the bridge up and batman trying to defuse it by adding to the count. Great idea!
Old March 14th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Perhaps the seven hexes directly above the bomb would subject figures to DW7K type of wounds or unblockable dice, and the rest take falling damage. I also think that a D20 roll to remove time markers might work - with one automatically removed each round.

Old March 14th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wookiee View Post
Quote:
Dude, use the time bomb under the bridge! How awesome would that be? Also, it would give plenty of reasons to get the heck off of that bridge once it is activated.

Knockback rules would be a great addition to this map as well. Punching people over or against the walls of the bridge.

I think this map could be lots of fun with those introductions.
Knockback would be awesome on this map. How's this for a first crack at time bomb rules:

Glyph of Time Bomb: This card begins the game with four Time counters. At the end of each round, if an unengaged figure controls this glyph and has not moved or attacked this turn, the controlling player may either remove or add one Time counter to this card. If at the end of any turn this card has no time counters on it, this glyph detonates. If at any time this card has seven Time counters on it, remove the glyph from the game.

We'd of course have to determine what "detonate" means. I'm thinking of identifying certain portions of the bridge that would be removed and all figures on them take a certain number of unblockable hits plus falling damage.
I guess you are not aware that C3G actually has a Time Bomb glyph. You should look it up in the Index thread. I don't see any reason to reinvent that glyph since we already have one that has been playtested and passed.
Old March 14th, 2010, 08:45 PM

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:

I guess you are not aware that C3G actually has a Time Bomb glyph. You should look it up in the Index thread. I don't see any reason to reinvent that glyph since we already have one that has been playtested and passed.
Hmm - I didn't know that, but having read it, I'm not sure it fits. It's too random for what I'm looking to accomplish and actually discourages figures from moving under the bridge. I'm thinking of something that a player would want or even need to control in order to be successful. If I were the "good" player in a scenario where the existing time bomb was under the bridge, then I'd want to avoid it at all costs, and once the opponent trips it, then I can't do anything about it, at least as written. Even if there was an added ability to flip the glyph back over, thereby deactivating it, I can't control the timing of when it detonates - there's a 15% chance that I immediately lose the scenario if an opponent steps on the glyph.

I'd prefer something that rewards controlling the glyph. What does anyone else think?
Old March 14th, 2010, 09:09 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I still think that the Time Bomb glyph would be an excellent way to get people the heck off of that bridge, or suffer the consequences.
Old March 14th, 2010, 10:29 PM

Ah - I see what you mean. I'll have to give that some more thought.
Old March 14th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I too like the idea of "deactivating" the bomb.

Old March 14th, 2010, 11:21 PM

The Time Bomb glyph can be deactivated just so you guys know. I mean that glyph was specifically designed to be the opposite of what glyphs typically do. Where most glyphs are designed to lure you over to them, the Time Bomb glyph was designed to scare opponents away from the location. That is why I think the Time Bomb glyph would be perfect for this map.
Old March 15th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I just got an idea. Let me know if you like it. Take away a road set and add a castle set instead. Then do "billboards" on each side of the highway and use castle columns under the road for support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old March 15th, 2010, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I just got an idea. Let me know if you like it. Take away a road set and add a castle set instead. Then do "billboards" on each side of the highway and use castle columns under the road for support.
See, I think that is going a bit too far. I mean we have so many opportunities as creators to do all the things we want to see as our own designs, I think that we should allow each one of us initial designers to stay close with our initial vision. If Wookie wants an all road map that is basically a bridge scenario, I think he should be able to do so without that much suggested change. I feel that we should be helping each other better grab and translate our unique visions, instead of redirecting it. Of course if Wookie wants to do that, fine, but if all he wants is a bridge, he should be able to go for it. Maybe I'm just being a bit defensive since I like my roller coaster slide.
Old March 15th, 2010, 11:38 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, it was an idea, not a mandate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Maps & Scenarios