Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 26th, 2010, 12:31 PM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Tamiya Acrylic Paints

Has anyone had any experience with this brand of model paint? My town is lacking in the hobby store department. I did however find a hobby section at a local hardware store.

They have the Testors enamal (yuck) and this Tamiya acrylic. It is 2.99$ for a maybe 1-2 oz. bottle. It seems a little spendy, but an advantage is it is local, so if I ever need more on the fly I can just pick it up, instead of driving 30-40 minutes to Micheals/Hobby Lobby. They have a very wide variety of colors.

Any input you have would be very appreciated!

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old January 26th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Tamiya Acrylic Paints

Found a product review.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/militar...7600158872616/

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old January 26th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Years ago, when I made plastic models, I only used Tamiya. It was a very good paint that you could clean and thin with water, rather than the Testors thinner. The only problem I had was that the paint dried up and the covers are stuck on the bottles (after sitting for about twenty years). They had a very nice range of colors to choose from, too.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old January 26th, 2010, 01:07 PM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post

Wow... Fail review! Thanks Xn! That was some handy info... Seems I will just wait for my wife's weekly/monthly trip to Hobby Lobby!

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old January 26th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by winonavampire View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post

Wow... Fail review! Thanks Xn! That was some handy info... Seems I will just wait for my wife's weekly/monthly trip to Hobby Lobby!
Alright, I've had a little more time to do a slightly more in depth search and came up with this.

The alcohol-mixing looks like it would be a bit labor intensive (I'd just pay for GW, Valejo, or Reaper stuff rather than go through all that work), but it would solve the drying out problem. And he does reccomend the paint over other . . . common brands.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old January 26th, 2010, 01:58 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

I use Tamiya on Heroscape figures all the time, seem to work fine for me. They do dry out quickly though, but it's never been a big problem for me.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards