Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

View Poll Results: What day is better?
Saturday, August 29th 4 40.00%
Sunday, August 30th 6 60.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 9th, 2009, 02:33 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
DFW Dog Days of Summer POSTPONED

Unfortunately, I'm going to post-pone this event for now. I'm not sure if/when I'll be able to get this going. Basically, without more names commited to attend I can't secure a venue. I suspect one of the many reasons people have not signed up is precisely because I have NOT come up with a venue. Sort of a Catch 22 situation, not really sure what to do.

So, long story short it was a fine first attempt for me but it's not panning out this time. I definitely want to play this format sometime in the future, so I'll keep it on the back burner and try to get it going again soon.

-CheddarLimbo, suckingly

Original post:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by CheddarLimbo; August 23rd, 2009 at 09:24 PM.
Old August 9th, 2009, 03:36 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Re: DFW Dog Days of Summer - MOP Tourney and Game Day Event

I can't make this one. I will be at Dia De Los Toadies

As far as Madness, Chris prefers much more than a couple weeks notice for these things. I would suggest looking at a different venue.

I like the idea and format well enough. Good Luck!!

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old August 9th, 2009, 05:13 PM

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Bummer Ry! But the Toadies rock, so I totally don't blame you.

I suspect the short notice may end up cutting the attendance down as well. I'll call Madness and see what they say.

Old August 9th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, CL, to the best of my knowledge, August 29th works for me. I like the idea and I can bring the game Tomb, or even Dungeon Twister, or Last Night on Earth if you want.

Let me know if there's anything I can do in the way of help or preparation.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old August 9th, 2009, 09:07 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

I think some background is needed on our set up with Madness.

1.) He doesn't own that space. It is not part of his regular rental contract. He rents it on an as needed basis.

2.) The property management company bends him over just a little bit more each time he does rent the space. The $230 we gave them last time wasn't even half of the expense he incurred and we were the main reason he reserved the space.

3.) Chris is eager to help, but prefers a high level of organization and significant notice for these things.

IMO, Madness should not even be considered for this one. I am sorry but I do not want to damage the relationship by doing adhock, on the fly events. He told me he wants more notice, more communication, and more promotional activity the next time.

I just don't see all that coming together in time for this one. Maybe I am wrong, CL, and you got this one nailed 3 ways from Sunday and will have over 20 peeps, but I am not seeing it at the present.

~ R˙chean aka The Wet Blanket

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old August 10th, 2009, 12:20 AM

No, that's totally cool, R˙chean. I really appreciate what he does for the Scape community and I don't want to throw a monkey wrench in the works for the sake of a smaller get-together.

I'll shoot from the hip on this one and we'll just see how it goes. I'm going to contact Lone Star Comics in Arlington, and I'll also seriously consider the logistics in using space at my work.

Also, kind of an important update - This could potentially go down either Saturday or Sunday now. So I'm putting up a poll. Vote for your preferred date.

Old August 10th, 2009, 12:28 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Do you have a time in mind for this game day? We talkin' noonish or just whenever to whenever? I'll vote once I check with my better half and see what's going on that weekend, if anything.

I've never done anything at Lone Star, but that could be cool as you, Rod, Dicemaster, Armageddon and I are all right here in Arlington.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old August 10th, 2009, 12:48 AM

Yes, from what I remember Armageddon's actually in walking distance of Lonestar, so...

As to the time frame, it depends on the venue, I guess. I'm thinking 11:00 or Noon to sometime in the early evening, and later depending on who's there and how much gaming they want to get done.

If I get get the space at work then we can pretty much stay as late as we like.

Old August 10th, 2009, 01:58 PM

AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby!

CL:

Thanks for pinging my inbox. I would love to attend a casual tourney/MOPs event and certainly will be there - either date. I voted for Saturday and was surprised to see that I was significantly in the minority.

Making the northern corridor guys come south would be a special treat.

Is there a basic MOPs guide around here somewhere? Same rules from last summer's tourney? (I was unable to attend that one.)

AW88

Currently playing:
Dixit; Catan; Pastiche; and waiting for my copy of Critical Mass to arrive from Arcane Wonders!

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
Old August 10th, 2009, 05:16 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey Chedder, if this becomes a real small event do me a favor and hold it at the Mesquite Lone star, it's pretty small but the staff is more that cool. Plus they hold all kinds games at tables in the middle of the store all the time.
Old August 10th, 2009, 05:56 PM

Double post in my own damn thread...

Unbelieveable.

Last edited by CheddarLimbo; August 10th, 2009 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Duh-ble post!
Old August 10th, 2009, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac2200 View Post
Hey Chedder, if this becomes a real small event do me a favor and hold it at the Mesquite Lone star, it's pretty small but the staff is more that cool. Plus they hold all kinds games at tables in the middle of the store all the time.
PM me the contact info Tmac and I'll give them a call.

Here are some links to peruse concerning the MOP guidelines. These are very general right now. I'll fine tune them and try to have the standards set up and posted here by the end of the week to give everyone enough time to experiment and build some.

GHS's Mop's Article

A good discussion from last year about the guidelines.

One thing I'd like to stress about this event is that I want it to be FUN. I hope that the creativity that MOPs allow will take more precedence over creating some bastardly broken piece of map section that specifically highlights your own army's strength. Yes, we will be competing, but let's have fun while we do it.

Also, if the MOPs thing doesn't sound interesting, then please feel free to just show up for the game day itself. I'll be bringing a number of games to play besides Scape.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events