Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old January 13th, 2009, 06:04 PM
...Huzzah!

EagleOne rolls all skulls baby! EagleOne rolls all skulls baby! EagleOne rolls all skulls baby! EagleOne rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Sports: NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Shackle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleOne View Post
And we Eagles Fans know EXACTLY what Chargers fans feel like right now, to get so close year after year and just crumble. Think 4 straight NFC Championship games, losing the first 3, finally winning one and watching the T.blOw-it show in the Super Bowl.
Hey, T.O. actually played great in that game.
But he's the only one they threw to ALL game. And he NEVER made it into the End Zone. The Patriots keyed in on T. Eww and since he was the 1st and 3rd read on every play (it seemed like) made it that much easier to stop them in that Super Bowl.
Yes, I know it was 3 years ago, but hey...
the Phillies Won the World Series! So at least I'm Happy for a while.

EagleOne is Syvarris...
in the WYNN KEEP...
Old January 13th, 2009, 06:15 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

I agree with EagleOne. Receptions and yards do not equal a great game.

He is the worst "great" receiver I have ever seen.

Great receivers fight for the ball. Great receivers make the play when everyone knows the ball is coming to them. Great receivers come back to the ball. Great receivers work hard for their quarterback. Great receivers become great defenders when they have to. Great receivers run great routes and always finish them. Great receivers have great hands. Owens has none of that.

Owens is great at two things: 1.) Yards after catch. He is great at breaking tackles in the secondary. 2.) Loving him some him. He excels at this beyond any other thing he does.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old January 13th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

T.O. was a great number two behind Jerry Rice. The 49ers were flying high with the two of them. But once Jerry left, Owens started coming unglued. By the time Steve (Young) departed there simply wasn't anyone T.O. would listen to.

~Aldin, who used to be an Owens fan before he verbally castrated Jeff Garcia

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old January 13th, 2009, 07:08 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post
I just heard that the Eagles are already a favorite on the road against Arizona. It looks like the Cardinals will be able to play the disrespect card all the way through the playoffs.

I think I'll go nut's if the Steelers and the Eagles play in the Super Bowl, living in PA if that happens will be unbearable, especially after the Phillies won the world series.
I know what you mean. I grew up in the Reading-Lebanon area and that seems to be the dividing line for the Steelers and Eagles. Civil War may break out in PA if both the Steelers and Eagles win.
I'm a huge Eagles fan and I'm pretty sure that the Eagles will find another way to choke... at least I have to keep thinking that way. It's the only way to think when your team has not won a Championship (NFL Championships + Super Bowls) since the early 60's. I'm still rooting for my Birds (Eagles) and will be going nuts this Sunday.

Go Luck Cardinals and Cardinals Fans! This is going to be an exciting and crazy good game!

And we Eagles Fans know EXACTLY what Chargers fans feel like right now, to get so close year after year and just crumble. Think 4 straight NFC Championship games, losing the first 3, finally winning one and watching the T.blOw-it show in the Super Bowl.

E-A-G-L-E-S! EAGLES!!!!
I am living in Lebanon County now and you are absolutely right. It really is amazing the almost equal number of Eagles and Steelers fans that are in the area. I almost had to go into hiding when the Pats had to play the Steelers in the playoffs or the Eagles in the superbowl (although I am to cocky in my Pats fandom not too )

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old January 14th, 2009, 04:13 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
I agree with EagleOne. Receptions and yards do not equal a great game.

He is the worst "great" receiver I have ever seen.

Great receivers fight for the ball. Great receivers make the play when everyone knows the ball is coming to them. Great receivers come back to the ball. Great receivers work hard for their quarterback. Great receivers become great defenders when they have to. Great receivers run great routes and always finish them. Great receivers have great hands. Owens has none of that.

Owens is great at two things: 1.) Yards after catch. He is great at breaking tackles in the secondary. 2.) Loving him some him. He excels at this beyond any other thing he does.
You make some good points, but you're wrong about T.O. in a few aspects. T.O. does attack the ball and he is a GREAT route-runner. If you think this is incorrect, I'm sorry but you don't know what you're talking about. Watch some film.

Far be it from me to defend him - I sure as hell wouldn't want him on my team. I'm just fine with Steve Smith, who is terrific at all the things you mentioned. And he may not have gotten into the end zone in that Super Bowl, but jeez, the guy is what, second all-time in touchdowns for a receiver?

He is a cancer, no doubt. On the field, though, he's still one of the best.
Old January 14th, 2009, 04:16 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hex706f726368 View Post
Quote:
Well, think of it this way: What's the LAST team Pittsburgh wanted to run into in the postseason?
I'm going to guess Eagles, Giants, Colts or Titans since those are the teams they lost to in the regular season. If the Cardinals beat the Eagles, killercactus will really think the fates are aligning for Pittsburgh.
Nah, divisional teams that know you inside and out are who you do NOT want to see in the playoffs. Just ask the defending Super Bowl champs.
Old January 14th, 2009, 04:28 PM
...Huzzah!

EagleOne rolls all skulls baby! EagleOne rolls all skulls baby! EagleOne rolls all skulls baby! EagleOne rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
You make some good points, but you're wrong about T.O. in a few aspects. T.O. does attack the ball and he is a GREAT route-runner. If you think this is incorrect, I'm sorry but you don't know what you're talking about. Watch some film.

Far be it from me to defend him - I sure as hell wouldn't want him on my team. I'm just fine with Steve Smith, who is terrific at all the things you mentioned. And he may not have gotten into the end zone in that Super Bowl, but jeez, the guy is what, second all-time in touchdowns for a receiver?

You are correct that T.O. is an excellent and talented receiver on the field. He is also one of the hardest workers on his game during practice and during the offseason. That's why is was so hard on Philly when he went crazy and attacked everyone in the organization. He has talent, except for the dropsies these past few years, which I think he caught in Philly. A great player, but a lousy teammate in the ultimate team sport.

And yes, Carolina has a great receiver in Steve Smith... as long as he isn't cold-cocking his teammates.
Though, I think I'd take Larry Fitzgerald or TJ Houzmanzadah over Smith, mostly because neither has blown a gasket or got the ME-ME's. I'll always prefer a guy who does his talking on the field and lets the media create the stories.

EagleOne is Syvarris...
in the WYNN KEEP...
Old January 14th, 2009, 04:30 PM

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I have watched every Cowboy game he has played in for the last 3 years, some of the games a few times over. How much more do I need to watch? Do you watch? I mean his route running and route give up have been documented on NFL network and ESPN. Truly great receviers, like Sharpe and Carter have made these exact points about not turning into a defender when you need to and giving up on routes. If he did these things, he did them before he become a Cowboy. He only fights for the ball if he thinks he can catch it.

Old January 14th, 2009, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Quote:

You are correct that T.O. is an excellent and talented receiver on the field. He is also one of the hardest workers on his game during practice and during the offseason. That's why is was so hard on Philly when he went crazy and attacked everyone in the organization. He has talent, except for the dropsies these past few years, which I think he caught in Philly. A great player, but a lousy teammate in the ultimate team sport.

And yes, Carolina has a great receiver in Steve Smith... as long as he isn't cold-cocking his teammates.
Though, I think I'd take Larry Fitzgerald or TJ Houzmanzadah over Smith, mostly because neither has blown a gasket or got the ME-ME's. I'll always prefer a guy who does his talking on the field and lets the media create the stories.
Um, BOTH receivers you mentioned have been involved with the law in the not-too-distant past. lol

Smith has always had anger-management issues, but he's not a law-breaker. (Yes, I know assault is against the law, but )
Old January 14th, 2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I have watched every Cowboy game he has played in for the last 3 years, some of the games a few times over. How much more do I need to watch? Do you watch? I mean his route running and route give up have been documented on NFL network and ESPN. Truly great receviers, like Sharpe and Carter have made these exact points about not turning into a defender when you need to and giving up on routes. If he did these things, he did them before he become a Cowboy. He only fights for the ball if he thinks he can catch it.
Did you not see the play THIS YEAR where T.O. had his pass intercepted on a poorly-thrown ball and he got leveled by an opponent. 5 seconds later, he had chased down the intercepter and thrown him out of bounds.

Miss that game?
Old January 14th, 2009, 04:36 PM

I saw that...what does that have to do with him fighting back to the ball and not giving up on routes? I don't question the man's physical prowess and desire to win. I am talking about turning into a defender when the ball is in the air.

Last edited by R˙chean; January 14th, 2009 at 04:46 PM.
Old January 14th, 2009, 07:03 PM

Quote:
I saw that...what does that have to do with him fighting back to the ball and not giving up on routes? I don't question the man's physical prowess and desire to win. I am talking about turning into a defender when the ball is in the air.
You're thinking of Randy Moss.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV