Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old June 28th, 2009, 09:02 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Angears map thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf_Archer View Post
Angear, your signature is a great way to discourage yourself from double posting! Kudos to you!

Well he still did anyway.

Great map, by the way. I like the irregular shaping of the castle walls. The only thing I would add is some ruins in the wide open space to make it not as range-favoring.
Old June 28th, 2009, 10:04 PM

Angear knows what's in an order marker Angear knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf_Archer View Post
Angear, your signature is a great way to discourage yourself from double posting! Kudos to you!

Well he still did anyway.

Great map, by the way. I like the irregular shaping of the castle walls. The only thing I would add is some ruins in the wide open space to make it not as range-favoring.
He did say to discourage

Edit: (To avoid double post + bump) Has anyone tried to cross bridges map? It looks really cool and plays pretty well also.

My map thread is here new map 10/16/12

Last edited by Angear; June 30th, 2009 at 07:08 PM.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 09:29 PM

I gave the first post a more organized setup. I am a little more active so I will be able to add more maps soon!

Old July 3rd, 2009, 02:52 PM

Re: Angears map thread *New map Tarn Bridge 7/03*

Sorry for triple post but... New map Tarn Bridge has been posted. I just got a game in on it and it plays really well and is great fun.

Old July 5th, 2009, 11:47 AM

Re: Angears map thread *New map Smolder Heights 7/05*

New map Smolder Heights has been posted.

Old December 31st, 2009, 11:37 PM

Re: Angears map thread *New map Smolder Heights 7/05*

Added a new map.

Old January 1st, 2010, 05:11 AM

Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Angears map thread *New map Ruins of the Jungle 12/31/09

I like your Cross Bridges map. Great job!

My Maps
Upcoming M.A.R.S. (Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers - PA/MD/NJ) Events Thread
Old November 11th, 2010, 05:57 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Angear, on Jungle of the Ancients, I think you should consider reorganizing the terrain a bit to balance glyph placement, as opposed to just moving the glyphs.

In the original setup, each glyph was six walking hexes and five flying hexes from one start zone, and the other glyph was thirteen walking hexes and eight flying hexes away. Obviously, this created a "yours and mine" effect, which is what the judges were concerned about.

The new placement improves things. Glyphs are now eight walking and seven flying hexes from one startzone, and twelve walking and six flying hexes from the other startzone. However, as you can see, it's still very much a "yours and mine" effect. Moreover, the only exception among walking figures is actually still the figures with a move of six, which can usually grab both glyphs on the second OM if they win initiative. Glyph-grabbers with a move of six (namely, deathreavers) already have a dominant spot in the metagame, so giving them such an advantage over figures with a move of five isn't really optimal.

My suggestion would be to replace the jungle brush on the sides of the map with a land tile, or otherwise rejigger the water barrier so that it can be crossed by single-spaced walkers in two turns in stead of taking three like it does currently. This would allow single-spaced figures with a move of five to reach the glyph on their left in two turns, and would make the glyph placements much more balanced.
Old October 16th, 2012, 06:55 PM

Hey guys. It has been awhile. I recently rediscovered my heroscape stuff in my basement and decided to start in again. I managed to get my hands on a second road set now so expect some new maps to come. Here is one now!

Enjoy

Noir Route 1 ROTV 2 RTTFF

Edit: Two additional maps have now been added!

Last edited by Angear; October 18th, 2012 at 10:22 AM.
Old October 16th, 2017, 08:34 PM

Re: Angears Map Thread *New Map Infernal Ruins* 10/16/17*

I decided to create a new map for Sir_Heroscape's ARV Wasteland map contest, its not completely symmetrical, but both sides are fairly similar and the number of spaces on each side to the key points of the map (height, glyphs, etc.) are the same.

Let me know what you guys think.

Infernal Ruins

During ancient times, a mighty but malicious race of kyrie known as the Infernal controlled a towering stronghold on the northern tip of the Volcarren Wasteland. This wicked race of kyrie seemed to possess magical abilities, and some recent versions of the tale even infer that the Infernal had discovered a wellspring, long before the Battle for Valhalla had begun. Unfortunately, for the ancient kyrie race, the ground beneath their fortress erupted soon after their incredible abilities hit their peak potential. The resulting fire and flames wiped out the Infernal race and made the land uninhabitable for the centuries following. Could the wellspring have been the source of the eruption?

Requires RoTV, VW, and one of either RttFF OR FoTA.

Old October 16th, 2017, 10:11 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Angears Map Thread *Two New Maps! 10/18/12*

Five years to the day of your last post in this thread...nice.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 16th, 2017, 11:07 PM

Re: Angears Map Thread *Two New Maps! 10/16/17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Five years to the day of your last post in this thread...nice.
Woah, didn't even notice that, quite a coincidence.

Edit:

Shattered

The weather on Valhalla is much harsher than most planets, so why anyone would try to build a stronghold in the middle of the Ticalla Jungle beyond comprehension for even some of the wisest architects. The constant acidic rain has since rotted away any semblance of the base that once was. Despite this, the Valkyrie generals have seen visions of great power within the overgrowth.

Requires: 1 SoTM, 1 BftU, and one TJ set

Note: The glyphs of brandar are treasure glyphs.

Last edited by Angear; October 17th, 2017 at 07:19 PM. Reason: New Map :)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios