Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old January 20th, 2010, 10:33 PM

tomvasel has disabled reputation
Heroscape Video Series

I've been wanting to do a Heroscape video series for a while now, and I think I'll get it done over the month of February.

I want to introduce the game(s), the expansions, and such.

Anyway, if I did such a series - which will certainly be aimed at people who haven't played before, and/or those who have only played casually, what things do you think I should make sure to include?

I was thinking
Video 1 - Intro / Why I like it
Video 2 - How to play / Characters
Video 3 - Comparing Master Sets
Video 4 - Going through Expansions, part 1
Video 5 - Going through Expansions, part 2
Video 6 - Wrap up

Maybe too much?
Too little? I want to make this good, so I'm taking my time getting it together.

"Real men play board games"
Tom Vasel
www.thedicetower.com
Old January 20th, 2010, 10:37 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroscape Video Series

Sounds like a good idea, though going through the expansions may get a bit tedious. There are a ton of figures, and in order to cover them all, you'd have to cut it down to about 25 seconds pet unit. At that rate, viewers will retain very little of what you mention. I'm not sure what can be done about that. Perhaps focusing on one a few select units (perhaps neglecting the packs that are just impossible to purchase right now).

Can't wait to see your videos!
Old January 20th, 2010, 10:54 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Tom...that is a massive undertaking...others have tried and all of them I have seen have missed the mark. The problem with doing this with all of the expansions is that the game has grown so much that you will either end up with 100 videos to explain it all....or a few really really long ones which someone may not want to sit through.
Old January 20th, 2010, 11:10 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

There are already a bunch of tutorial videos on YouTube, such as the ones by Expertvillage.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old January 20th, 2010, 11:10 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
There are already a bunch of tutorial videos on YouTube, such as the ones by Expertvillage.
Which suck.
Old January 20th, 2010, 11:26 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Which suck.
Very true, although I have watched a few of them.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old January 20th, 2010, 11:51 PM

Dragonranger Woo who?

Of course you could do them as "themed" expansions - instead of by the individual waves, do them like I was doing for my articles for HSCodex. Group them by "theme" (Soulborgs, Samurai, Elves, Marro, etc) and then a "Misc" batch to cover stuff to cover up to Wave 10... then have a totally separate series for the D&D line to make life easier.

"Come with me in the twilight of a summer night for a while, tell me of a story never ever told in the past. Take me back to the land where my yearnings were born, the key to open the door is in your heart, now take me there... to the land of twilight." ~"Key of the Twilight"
Old January 20th, 2010, 11:54 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonranger View Post
Of course you could do them as "themed" expansions - instead of by the individual waves, do them like I was doing for my articles for HSCodex. Group them by "theme" (Soulborgs, Samurai, Elves, Marro, etc) and then a "Misc" batch to cover stuff to cover up to Wave 10... then have a totally separate series for the D&D line to make life easier.
That is one way to go but...

If you are doing it as a "Buying Guide" then people will be more able to buy an entire wave as they are rereleased.

The other problem is trying to discuss synergies between units...actually that may be the may to go about it.
Old January 21st, 2010, 01:38 AM

dra(gon) has disabled reputation

you need a discovery chanel to explan the thing, and it goes verry dry .
the best ist rules mixed with , background storys, game experenices. and so on and nore and interistig stuff.

most failed after the basic game , with "there a buch of expansions to, with different units and heroes, like agents, samurais, drawfs".

it is a breathing game, the d&d set is today the easy way not many charakters compleat rules. ok some about ladders , castel , jungel are here missing too.

but i like to see an two hours hs feature"movie" like a doku with the orgins.
but it is a hard work.

but im impress how you managethat all with a big family, my eyeballs jump out after the x-mass video i thouht you got one child. a big gamer group.
rep + for family, work and hobby.
Old January 21st, 2010, 02:18 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Cool idea. A good series of videos would be very nice. It's something that has been sorely lacking.

I would just be careful when going over the expansions. Touch on some of the highlights. I don't know what the sweet spot is here. Too much and it becomes a boring buying guide. Too little and people might just end up confused.

On the flip side the terrain expansions could take up a full episode and be "just right".
Old January 21st, 2010, 03:27 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Definitely something I would like to see for HS.

As far as the waves go, I think touching briefly on what each pack has ("Wolves and Militia is a pack with two common squads, Werewolves for Utgar who get potentially high attacks, and ranged soldiers for Jandar") and then highlighting one unit/pack from the wave in more detail ("Krug is a massive troll that your opponent may not want to attack; he's the only unit, aside from Hulk, in the game that gets higher attack the more damage is done to him; to compliment that he can attack twice and has one of the highest Life stats in the game, 8; Krug also bonds with the Arrow Gruts common squad from this same expansion") would be ideal.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 21st, 2010, 04:19 AM

CanScape has disabled reputation

What's the harm in trying...I'll watch it! Those lame little snippets that are on youtube right now are quite lame, they sure don't make me wanna a) play Heroscape, or b) watch any of them.

Focus on the goal; is it to introduce newbs? Is it to gather interest in general? Is it for current players, wanting to cover some rules or new products?

Makes me wanna try making a video myself, but I can see what Ona's saying...it's a lot more work than it looks, I'm sure.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News