Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 18th, 2017, 04:29 PM

WarBeast knows what's in an order marker WarBeast knows what's in an order marker
Ideas for Self Play?

Anyone have any unique ways on how to play by yourself?
My group plays weekly and we're competitive.
I just want a way to practice with different armies outside of that.
Online isnt ideal as I want to choose the armies for diff sides and run several tests, etc..... Esp for a 4 or more army game. We almost always have 5+
The basic way isnt too much fun knowing exactly what your opponent will do, if you catch my drift. lol.

Thanks
Old October 18th, 2017, 06:28 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Ideas for Self Play?

If you're trying to improve as a player overall, playing by yourself won't help.

However, playing by yourself to test an army or practice a matchup is extremely helpful. The key is to just try to make the best decision every single time as if you were playing with limited knowledge.

I'm not quite sure how that would work if you're testing multiplayer... but I think the most important thing is that the overall feel of the units will remain the same regardless of whether it is multiplayer or not.
Old October 18th, 2017, 11:47 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I think doing a solo game with more than 2 "players" is probably a little too difficult to be worth trying. That being said pretending you have limited knoweledge is the best way to go so far. Good luck!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old October 19th, 2017, 01:29 AM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!

I find playing against myself is a very effective way to test units and get a good feel for maps (I do this with tournament maps I'm going to be playing on!) though I'm going to have to agree with @OrcElfArmyOne when he says it won't make you a better player......

But if you're determined..... BATA BOOM BATA BANG!!
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...?do=file&id=14

H E R O S C A P E
Old October 19th, 2017, 12:30 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

I've found that not using order markers works well. I still activate three cards a round and still do initiative rolls, but not placing order markers makes it so that each "player" has optimal turns and never loses out on any. I've tried a couple with order markers but it makes it difficult to make decisions not based on where I know the order markers are.

If you're not rolling for Stinger Drain, you're not living.
Old October 19th, 2017, 12:55 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

[Not admitting what first came to mind when I read this thread's title for the first time,] I set OMs first for the army with the most obvious position. Then I compartmentalize as much as I can (easier the more armies there are). In extreme circumstances, I'll decide an OM placement with a die roll.

Old October 19th, 2017, 09:42 PM

WarBeast knows what's in an order marker WarBeast knows what's in an order marker

Thanks for all the comments. Yes, mostly want to test how armies fair in such a big game and our massive maps.
I’ll try a combo for the next few weeks - the “No Order marker” seems simple enough & fast, but I can see it working because you just make the most obvious move all the time.
But I’ll roll a die before each round to indicate whether each army will be passive, aggressive or situational before each round and stick with 3 turns per round, rolling in each round. I’ll report how it goes after several tries, in a few weeks. Thanks again
Old October 19th, 2017, 10:52 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

"But I’ll roll a die before each round to indicate whether each army will be passive, aggressive or situational before each round and stick with 3 turns per round, rolling in each round." ~ WarBeast

Rather than this, betting you know the
"passive, aggressive or situational" tendencies among the members of your group, invest your various armies with their respective tendencies. You might also build armies to reflect what units/armies each of the members of your group likes to field.

Old October 20th, 2017, 09:22 PM

good points.... thanks

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion