Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old October 16th, 2006, 03:01 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Heroscape (and other "quality" games) now playing

There has been much discussion in the past few weeks about "quality" games at TRU. FFG and AH offerings have been available at TRU online for quite some time. I told several folks here that I had never seen these games in a b&m TRU. Today all that changed.

I went into my closest TRU in Lewisville. This one is not known for having the best selection in my area, but it was close. I first saw this:

That's right "Heroscape" on the marquis. Very nice, I'd not seen it there before. Then I saw several of the AH games: Betrayal, Sword and Skull, and Nexus Ops. I'm hoping that this will come to help TRU, at this point, it can't hurt it.

I also asked the manager about the flagbearers. He said his Hasbro rep will be in Thursday and that I should call him then. BTW, there were 3 castles sets at that TRU.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old October 16th, 2006, 03:11 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Cool! Looks like HS is getting the props it deserves finally.

Newb.
Old October 16th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Yes. and in the picture you can see the "quality" games beside the HeroScape line up ...

•*Fly in my Soup
• Hungry, Hungry Hippo
•*Hipshot
•*I Spy, Eagle Eye

... I seem to have missed most of these while perusing BGG! But, if that's what you're looking for Ninth, you get in there and play. Don't you listen to the older kids making fun of you. They're just big meanies!

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old October 16th, 2006, 05:25 PM

Bixby knows what's in an order marker Bixby knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi
Yes. and in the picture you can see the "quality" games beside the HeroScape line up ...

•*Fly in my Soup
• Hungry, Hungry Hippo
•*Hipshot
•*I Spy, Eagle Eye

... I seem to have missed most of these while perusing BGG! But, if that's what you're looking for Ninth, you get in there and play. Don't you listen to the older kids making fun of you. They're just big meanies!

Ha ha ha - Too funny. Thansk for the chuckle of the day.
Old October 16th, 2006, 05:50 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Are you questioning the quality of Hungry, Hungry Hippos?
Old October 16th, 2006, 06:32 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
NEVER question the quality of Hungry, Hungry Hippos! Them's fightin' words!

Seriously...."The Triple H" as we called it back in my day is the ultimate "slightly drunk on a porch in late summer, chilling with some good friends in the wee hours" kind of pastime.
Old October 16th, 2006, 09:06 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Yes, I was more than a little dismayed at the shoddy marketting "thought" that went into the shelf layout. I fail to see why they can't group the "quality" games together. I almost didn't even see Nexus Ops. It was in a bottom corner all alone. NO, A&A, A&A-Day, Heroscape, Sword and Skull, and Betrayal: None of these were anywhere near each other. I also noticed tha the D&D Basic Game was nowhere in sight.

Wouldn't it make sense to put all these together so that an adult could find them? (Either and adult looking to buy them for an older child or for himself.)

Also, I snapped a really quick pic of the marquis so you'd all get to see it. I, too am appalled that Hungry, Hungry Hippos is under that marquis. I'm hoping that the Hasbro rep that I was told of will make an effort to fix this situation, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Perhaps, they are marketting H,H H in conjunction w/HS b/c of Grimnak?

I mean, what if one of those Carebear rapists comes in? Oh, wait...

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old October 16th, 2006, 09:17 PM

aardvark22 has disabled reputation
I think all the "board games" are arranged roughly alphabetically-hence Heroscape/HHH.
Old October 16th, 2006, 10:52 PM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
Hey, hungry hungry hippos is one of my favorite games when I was younger!

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old October 17th, 2006, 03:20 AM

bushi96 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark22
I think all the "board games" are arranged roughly alphabetically-hence Heroscape/HHH.
And that is one of the most observant posts I have seen recently. Good job!

"I'm not a vegetarian, but I eat animals who are"
~G. Marx~
Old October 17th, 2006, 07:22 AM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun
Yep, the TRU around here put the games on the shelf alphabetically -- I think it is (was) even posted at the end of the aisle that they were alphabetical.
Old October 17th, 2006, 09:43 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
cool. a Heroscape marquis. i haven't seen that yet at any TRU.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News