Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old February 12th, 2019, 11:26 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: TREX'S BATTLEFIELDS/VARIANTS:New 4 Player map 2/12/19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Dude, that is a beautiful map. I really wish I had a second RotV so I could try it out.
Time to invest...

and yes, TREX...that looks great! well done.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 13th, 2019, 01:55 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: TREX'S BATTLEFIELDS/VARIANTS:New 4 Player map 2/12/19

Thanks @BiggaBullfrog and @Sir Heroscape . I think Im going to be posting all my maps from here out. I kinda want to cover maps that can be built with strict limitations so newer players with limited collections can build them too.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 19th, 2019, 01:25 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: TREX'S BATTLEFIELDS/VARIANTS:Zombies Tournament format?

I was on facebook and seen a cool variant of heroscape by a guy named James Hopkins in the form of an Event Deck of cards as such. The cards looked great from what I saw, and he is selling printed/laminated decks of them if you are interested. One of them that he showed sparked a fun idea in my head. The card was called Zombie Outbreak, and the jist of it was: All figures killed in battle turned into zombies. At the end of the round, there was an initiative type roll, and whichever player won, got to take a turn with all the zombies on the board. I talked to him a bit about it and he suggested that you could use a small wound marker on the base to show that the figure was a zombie. You could also use Zombies of Morindan, and/or a Zombie Hulk. I also thought using zombicide zombies or others of the same scale would be a cool option too. I wanted to share the source of my inspiration with you guys on a variant idea of that, that resembles the wandering monster format as well.

First: I would keep the idea of turning dead figures into Zombies of Morindan, or Zombie Hulks.(Also use of other zombie minis would be perfectly acceptable.) All people playing in the format would not be able to draft Zombies of Morindan, or Zombie Hulks in their army to use. There would be 1 Zombie Hulk Card, and 1Zombies of Morindan Card next to the playing area.
Second: The zombie figures would be neutral throughout the round, meaning that you could not move through them, but you would not take leaving engagement attacks either.
Third: At the end of the round, the players roll a D20 to see who wins the roll with the higher number to get to take 1 bonus turn with 1 army card of either Zombies of Morindan, or a Zombie Hulk. While taking a turn with the zombies, the other player can perform LEA's on the zombies, and the player that is controlling them treats them as friendly figures while using them.
Fourth: The player that eliminates the other players army first wins.

Overview. This is a fun little idea for a zombie apocalypse kind of scenario that has the possibility to be a fun tournament format. Credit for the initial idea goes to James Hopkins, Check out all his awesome stuff on the face book heroscape page. Tell me what you guys think of this little format that I'm hoping we can run one of these times in our Idaho/Utah tournaments.

Old February 22nd, 2019, 11:43 PM
"like" happy

TREX'S BATTLEFIELDS/VARIANTS:Mustafar Mining Facility2/29/19

Alright, here is another one I designed, because I love Star Wars Locales.
From Episode 3 I bring you a pretty hot one.

Mustafar Mining Facility

Build Requirements 2VW, 2Fota, 1BFTU

This map is set up for multiple ways of play. It states it in the build instructions, but I'll throw it out here as well. The 4 Green start zone spaces are for random, face down treasure glyphs. The Glyphs of Brandar are exclusively for use if you are playing with the Battlefront rules made by the HoSS team. If you are not using the Battlefront rules, remove the glyphs of brandar from the map. The two ? glyphs are for random face down power glyphs. The glyphs I recommend for this map should be ones that are fairly balanced ones. Putting a far more powerful glyph on one side or another will change how the game plays quite a bit. Move, Initiative, defense, lucky 20 sider, or healing, would be fine. After this one gets tested enough, I'd like to get it submitted to the Battlefields of Star Wars Scape. (BoSS) All feedback is appreciated. Thanks for looking all. In the end, its all about who has the high ground though right?

Here is a link to the Battlefront Rules PDF as well.
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...66#post2146866

Last edited by TREX; February 23rd, 2019 at 01:01 AM.
Old February 23rd, 2019, 05:24 AM
"like" happy

TREX'S BATTLEFIELDS/VARIANTS:New Maps 2/21/2019

Build Requirements: 1 ROTV, 1 FOTA

I've decided to do a series of maps that only contain 1 master set, with 1 expansion. I've decided this for 2 reasons. To challenge myself to make some really fun, balanced maps, while at the same time using the terrain sets to their maximum. Even though I have a pretty decent terrain collection, I think it would be nice to design some slimmer maps for those folks that don't have but a minimum amount of terrain to use.

Last edited by TREX; February 23rd, 2019 at 09:10 PM.
Old February 23rd, 2019, 06:14 AM
"like" happy

Re: TREX'S BATTLEFIELDS/VARIANTS:Mustafar Mining Facility2/2

VS FILE

Build Requirements: 1 SOTM, 1TJ

Old February 23rd, 2019, 06:35 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: TREX'S BATTLEFIELDS/VARIANTS:New Maps 2/21/2019

Northwind reach would be more balanced for Double spacers if the area immediately below the ladder was 2 hexes wide. I think every peanut based figure is at least 5 tall (maybe I'm wrong, it's 3:30 am) so that would make it possible for all of them to attack the figure at the top.

Spiders, and Ants, don't like Bullwug Bog. Too many 2 high spots that they can't attack if the enemy gets there first.
Old February 23rd, 2019, 12:37 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Northwind reach would be more balanced for Double spacers if the area immediately below the ladder was 2 hexes wide. I think every peanut based figure is at least 5 tall (maybe I'm wrong, it's 3:30 am) so that would make it possible for all of them to attack the figure at the top.

Spiders, and Ants, don't like Bullwug Bog. Too many 2 high spots that they can't attack if the enemy gets there first.
Thanks for the feedback Leaf. Yeah, I was looking over those spots at the top wanting it to be able to be attacked by double. Spaced figures and was thinking that most could except grok riders maybe? Id have to check for sure. I planned on possibly getting it built today to make sure. I know that on both the maps I used every piece in the set just about. Thanks for pointing out the bit on bullywug bog, I hadnt really thought of those two units types no getting to attack. Ill have to see if theres anything to fudge around. I stayed up too late as well posting these and working in my shop but was excited to post some map creations.

Old February 23rd, 2019, 09:14 PM
"like" happy

Quote:

I did have a second space up there on the top for Northwind Reach. I think I ended up pulling it back down to build the steps up the sides. I took a single hex out of each rear of the start zones to add up under that ladder to allow for those double hex figures to be able to attack the one hex spots. Updated, tell me what you think? I think that should work out.

EDIT: After looking over Bullywug Bog, I noted that really only the two middle 3 hex spaces are limited from small 2 figure attacks. The outer 7 hexes are accessible, and the glyphs are out of the way enough for those spiders to go grab glyphs and take other places if needed. I think before I change anything there, I'll specifically run a few tests with Spiders, or ants on there to see if its map breaking.

Old February 23rd, 2019, 09:42 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:

I did have a second space up there on the top for Northwind Reach. I think I ended up pulling it back down to build the steps up the sides. I took a single hex out of each rear of the start zones to add up under that ladder to allow for those double hex figures to be able to attack the one hex spots. Updated, tell me what you think? I think that should work out.

EDIT: After looking over Bullywug Bog, I noted that really only the two middle 3 hex spaces are limited from small 2 figure attacks. The outer 7 hexes are accessible, and the glyphs are out of the way enough for those spiders to go grab glyphs and take other places if needed. I think before I change anything there, I'll specifically run a few tests with Spiders, or ants on there to see if its map breaking.
Yeah those middle 3 hex spots are the places that really need it. Make sure you test it by playing with the intention of utilizing that potential issues with the spiders/ants. The spiders might have an easier time, since they have strong bonding options that don't have the height restrictions, but the 2 ant squads will be hit pretty hard when confronted by that same situation.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios