Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old May 7th, 2008, 07:53 PM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker
Is the quality of re-released wave 7 lower?

I just got my third set of ashigarus and they feel more fragile or rubbery than the first two that I got last year. They are weaker in the legs for sure to a point that I almost broke them while taking them out of the mold/packaging. Am I crazy or has anybody else noticed it? I like the sturdier feeling of the ones that I got last year more. Where are we going with this? Is wave 8 going to be this weak/fragile?

I don't care about choosing my army based on strategy. I choose an army based on coolness and personal appeal... even if it means that my units will die trying. Hail to the glory of HeroScape and bravery.
Old May 7th, 2008, 08:00 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Is the quality of re-released wave 7 lower?

There is a box of Wave 7 at my WM and the hero pack looks like it was painted by a drunk 6-year-old. Sonya's eyes are huge black spots on her face that are noticeably asymmetrical. Cyprien washed his gloves and his sword in the same load of laundry and his sword came out splotchy-red.

Why do I know this???

::Spite checks himself into an "Addicts Anonymous" group::
Old May 7th, 2008, 08:21 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

I really hope not. I picked up a set of the first ones and would really like more templars and ashigaru. One of the spears on my ashigaru yari broke, so if the new stuff is worse than that, I don't know what to do. Fortunately, I glued it back on and it looks as good as new.

And I hope that with WotC, stuff continues to be at least as good as it was under Hasbro.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old May 7th, 2008, 08:43 PM

kaemonawa Woo who?

I don't know if it happened because of the way I pulled him out of the packaging, but my Isamu is weak in the ankles and legs.

Official KaemonAwa Post
My 'scape sets:
2xRotV, 1xSotM, 2 TJ, 2 FotA, 3 RttFF, 1 VW, 1 TT, All of wave 5, 6, 7, 8, and 1 Lawmen and Samurai, 1 AA, 1 Orm's Return, 1xAll Flags, Master Win
Old May 7th, 2008, 08:58 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

My new Ashi and Templar packs were just as good as the ones I got in the first wave from HMG when they came out.
Old May 8th, 2008, 12:09 AM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Hot Hatch View Post
I just got my third set of ashigarus and they feel more fragile or rubbery than the first two that I got last year. They are weaker in the legs for sure to a point that I almost broke them while taking them out of the mold/packaging. Am I crazy or has anybody else noticed it? I like the sturdier feeling of the ones that I got last year more. Where are we going with this? Is wave 8 going to be this weak/fragile?
Could it simply be a temperature issue? Global warming perhaps (known as Spring this time of year, at least in our hemisphere.)

But seriously, was the box sitting on your doorstep in the heat or anything like that?

That being said, I too have thought that recent waves were a bit more flexible than earlier ones. Comparing Grimnak's speak to the Templars' is a perfect example.
Old May 8th, 2008, 12:44 AM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker

My new W7 figures are all fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old May 8th, 2008, 12:54 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Wave 7 is just using a different material. It is more "bendy", and I'm glad. I would have broken one of the templar lances by accident on the original run.
Old May 8th, 2008, 07:33 AM

Syvaris knows what's in an order marker Syvaris knows what's in an order marker

the same thung has happend with rotv, i bought an original(sparkly water) one then bought a second one a few months ago. Figure quility was bad so was paint.
Old May 8th, 2008, 08:41 AM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syvaris View Post
the same thung has happend with rotv, i bought an original(sparkly water) one then bought a second one a few months ago. Figure quility was bad so was paint.
My experience has been that RotV and wave 1 were weaker or cheaper or lower quality overall than what came after. I did a test and I can tell with my eyes closed which ashigaru is from the re-leased set (my third set) just by touching it. I can tell if I got it right or wrong because I initial them underneath the base and code them so I know which are mine and when I got them, etc. Maybe it is just a fluke.

I don't care about choosing my army based on strategy. I choose an army based on coolness and personal appeal... even if it means that my units will die trying. Hail to the glory of HeroScape and bravery.
Old May 8th, 2008, 09:34 AM

ewabbie knows what's in an order marker ewabbie knows what's in an order marker

I think the card stock on the new wave 7 is thinner. Anyone else notice that?

Old May 8th, 2008, 09:37 AM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewabbie View Post
I think the card stock on the new wave 7 is thinner. Anyone else notice that?
Mine are definitely quite thin, but at least they fixed the Templar card problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion