Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old February 22nd, 2011, 01:49 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Re: Champion for a Day...

JustJosh (sometimes called Omega) won my 2009 birthday tournament with a Dumutef in as filler. Heath Webber won an Elyria, OH tourney with one of the Qs, Raelin, and a bunch of Drones. I'm also fairly certain ManTrainChooChoo won something with DW9K, but can't remember what - I think it was either a Cincy or Dayton tourney.

I can't search and link from my phone - sorry.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old February 22nd, 2011, 02:05 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Sun Wukong, I'm afraid that that event does not quite qualify in my mind as a tournament.

Thanks Killercactus. I've added the Dumutef and the Drones. Let me know if you get a lock on the Deathwalker result---if true it'll probably make my TotalCon more successful! I'll have a poke around too to see if I can find a record of it.

Edit. Didn't find the Deathwalker result yet, but came across this useful NHSD thread which lets me add Iron Golem.

Edit 2. And another for Spiderman.

Last edited by ollie; February 22nd, 2011 at 02:21 PM.
Old February 22nd, 2011, 02:23 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Ollie, Marden Hounds have won, way back at the Beantown Beatdown IV.

EDIT: Alright somethings screwy when I try to attach a link.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old February 22nd, 2011, 02:28 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post

Heh, I dug out the right link myself before you edited. Thanks! (Though you think I'd have the tournaments I attended covered anyway. )

Added.
Old February 22nd, 2011, 02:30 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Quote:

Heh, I dug out the right link myself before you edited. Thanks! (Though you think I'd have the tournaments I attended covered anyway. )

Added.
Hate to bring up tournaments you've attended but, Venoc Warlord was a winner at the Saratoga Slugfest summer of 09. Of course he was easy to miss in the swarm of Mohecians.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old February 22nd, 2011, 02:30 PM
Is a Quadradical

Quote:
Hate to bring up tournaments you've attended but, Venoc Warlord was a winner at the Saratoga Slugfest summer of 09. Of course he was easy to miss in the swarm of Mohecians.
Thanks! Added.
Old February 22nd, 2011, 02:41 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Interesting stuff Ollie! I went through and looked at my tournament winning armies to see what units I've won with and I got some interesting results.

4th Mass
Nilf
Knights
Gilbert
Krav
MW x 3
Heavies
Grimnak x 2
Nerak x 3
Raelin x 4
10th
Armocs
Marcu x 3
Arrow Gruts
Krug x 3
Mimring
Swogs
Dividers x 2
Blades
Isamu
Jotun x 2
WSG
MRT
BA
Theracus
Runa
Atlaga
Minions
Micro
Shurrak
Chain fighter
DC
OP

I've actually won more tournaments with Jotun than I have with the Knights. Who says this game isn't balanced?

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old February 22nd, 2011, 03:45 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth

I am not sure if you are counting General Wars variants or not, but the Steamroller did win this Ohio event last year:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=29957

It had about 20 people or so there. If allowed, that covers Sparty and the Caps.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old February 22nd, 2011, 03:46 PM
Is a Quadradical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rÿchean View Post
I am not sure if you are counting General Wars variants or not, but the Steamroller did win this Ohio event last year:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=29957

It had about 20 people or so there. If allowed, that covers Sparty and the Caps.
Yes, that's in for sure, thanks. Added.
Old February 22nd, 2011, 05:51 PM

Lord Trask knows what's in an order marker Lord Trask knows what's in an order marker

In January of 2010 I won my only tournament with

Granite Guardians, Deadeye Dan and Warden 816 (already on the list).

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=27564 post #9 with 16 players.
Old February 22nd, 2011, 06:04 PM
Is a Quadradical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Trask View Post
In January of 2010 I won my only tournament with

Granite Guardians, Deadeye Dan and Warden 816 (already on the list).

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=27564 post #9 with 16 players.
Added.

121 down, only 98 to go!
Old February 22nd, 2011, 06:21 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

That locks in what army I'm bringing whenever I next go to a tournament. Elf heroes FTW!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion