Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old June 9th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Uncle Sam - Design Phase

Hows this

American Pride
Uncle Sam rolls one additional attack and defense die for each other Patriotic figure you control, up to a maximum of +3 dice for American Pride. All patriotic figures you control roll 1 additional attack and defense dice when they are within 3 clear sight spaces of Uncle Sam.

As to the max 4+ to his attack and defense, why? there are only two patriotic figures(possibly more to come) to begin with +1 from his special, so 3+ seems like enough. Maybe amp up his starting stats too 4,4 instead of 3,3.

And another
Patriotic invulnerability
Whenever Uncle Sam or any patriotic or valiant figures adjacent to Uncle Sam would receive enough wounds to be destroyed, that figure instead receives 2 wounds.

This is not quite as good as normal invulnerability, but it gives him more of a "Leader of the army" feel. Valiant might be too good, but I want him to affect the 4th Massachusetts. Maybe any soldier figures? That would only add them and the airborne plus Sgnt drake

Oh yeah, somewhere in the realm of 250-300, not 210 points
Old June 9th, 2012, 04:00 PM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Smithy, we don't limit a power just because we don't have enough figures designed to get the full effect, look at Black Canary, we only have 1 symbiot right now, but that dosen't mean its the only one we will ever have. As far as 4th and other classic units, we normally aren't that concerned with any synergy with them since super and classic weren't designed to be compatable.
Old June 9th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Shouldn't this be:

INVULNERABLE
Any time Uncle Sam would receives enough wounds to be destroyed, he instead receives 1 wound.
Old June 9th, 2012, 05:52 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I like the direction of the OP at the moment & I agree to the +4 max. But I would think he should be able to choose a whole team for patriotic duty .

But I'm not sure I want the Patriotic personality to override the original one on the selected card/s. If we gave those patriotic characters the bonus Smithy Winfred suggested it might help the decision to make a card patriotic. Of course if we did this Captain America could make them Avengers as well which would be insane.

As I said the direction is good just the current execution isn't perfect. For those that don't know him, Uncle Sam basically recruits Heroes to his team that are patriotic, although I have seen him recruit those that weren't & influenced them enough that they became patriotic in the end. He gets his strength from patriotism & the more there is the stronger he is. He is inspirational in leading his team which usually spurs them on to greater effort also.

Sorry I don't have a solution right now but somebody else might.
Old June 9th, 2012, 06:06 PM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness

What if instead of overiding the personality they also gain the Patriotic personality? I think I recall that there is a card that adds a personality instead of overriding, but I can't recal. Of course you could still use Cap to make them Avengers, not sure how to solve that or if we even need to solve that one.
Old June 9th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I could see something along the lines of all other Unique Heroes you control having the Patriotic personality in addition to what's printed on their cards. It'd make it easier to test him too, because it'd make it easier to get to his +4 max.

The solution to the Cap/Avengers problem is just not to have Uncle Sam give any sort of bonuses back. He receives bonuses from Patriotic figures, but no reason he has to give them out as well. He's interesting enough without that.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 9th, 2012, 06:16 PM
The Closer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I could see something along the lines of all other Unique Heroes you control having the Patriotic personality in addition to what's printed on their cards. It'd make it easier to test him too, because it'd make it easier to get to his +4 max.

The solution to the Cap/Avengers problem is just not to have Uncle Sam give any sort of bonuses back. He receives bonuses from Patriotic figures, but no reason he has to give them out as well. He's interesting enough without that.
Simple solution Bats.
Old June 9th, 2012, 07:14 PM

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post

I just think that, without him dishing out specials, he just won't be worth drafting an entire team just to make him half decent. Plus, with Zemo and his MoE out on the loose, Patriotic is actually a downside more than an upside. Being patriotic does nothing, except help Uncle Sam, and for the points, I'd much rather get Kingpin or Gambit or a frost giant.

My only concern is is that he will not be used b/c he doesn't really do much, even with 7 attack and defense. Making his base stats worse, but adding some support specials will solve that problem.
Old June 9th, 2012, 07:52 PM
The Closer

Not every unit needs to be a cheerleader to be useful, just not like every unit needs a big special attack or power to be useful. The fact that he has 7 attack and defense is powerful enough to make him useful, let alone the fact that he will make your entire army patriotic as well as what they already are allows him to be placed in armys like Lanterns that get weaker as the game goes but Sam here will still be strong. He creates his own synergy, I can see this guy becoming a mainstay in any army I run.
Old June 9th, 2012, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidicul View Post
, let alone the fact that he will make your entire army patriotic as well as what they already are allows him to be placed in armys like Lanterns that get weaker as the game goes but Sam here will still be strong. .
Umm... except when the patriotic figures are destroyed

If I want a heavy power mainstay I would choose Hercules or hulk. Or if you need a cheap figure how bout' molly Hayes or Cap. Plus - he needs at least Cap and Bucky to be even powerful. In order for him to get his full attack you would have to spend 510 points. Uncle Sam is just not good enough to justify that cost.
Old June 9th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I don't know anything about this guy, so I'll see what those that know come up with. Seems cool in the SP, just not sure how good he's going to be with needing Patriotic teammates to boost him. When they die, his powers wane, so I guess he'd have to lead the way until he's toast.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old June 9th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidicul View Post
, let alone the fact that he will make your entire army patriotic as well as what they already are allows him to be placed in armys like Lanterns that get weaker as the game goes but Sam here will still be strong. .
Umm... except when the patriotic figures are destroyed

If I want a heavy power mainstay I would choose Hercules or hulk. Or if you need a cheap figure how bout' molly Hayes or Cap. Plus - he needs at least Cap and Bucky to be even powerful. In order for him to get his full attack you would have to spend 510 points. Uncle Sam is just not good enough to justify that cost.
I disagree, the fact that he has invulnerable plus gains the bonus from patriotic figures and making a figure patriotic which has potential for future synergies/bonding, makes him useful to me.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library