Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old August 11th, 2007, 02:47 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Aquilla (or Aquila) is Latin for eagle and it looks like part of an Eagle's face.

Newb.
Old August 20th, 2007, 12:24 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
CraigVN and I played a game against Buddy Lee and ChaosChild last night. Chaos had Woo and I tell you what!! That mofo is bad to the bone! We still won but Woo was the last figure left on their side.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old August 20th, 2007, 06:30 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I've played a few games with Woo and in the first game he didn't do much (probably due to my bad strategy) but in the second game against Utgars army he and the monks kicked marro butt.
Old August 20th, 2007, 11:56 AM

Riddlersdragon has disabled reputation
(First Post EVaH!1!)

Got back from Gencon on Saturday with SoTM and two Win Chius.

I used the monks against zombies with Woo and they rocked. The monks are finally more than just shock troops.

MY FRIEND: What's a Soulborg?
ME: I gather that it's a borg with a soul
MY FRIEND: Oh...
Old August 21st, 2007, 05:35 PM

that guy has disabled reputation
Anyone else picture an endless horde of monks flipping over castle walls punching everyone in sight in the face. The monks seem like they would crush in Aaryglynn now.
Old August 21st, 2007, 05:48 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
As awesome as Woo is, he makes the monks that much better.....common squads full of Woo!

Old August 21st, 2007, 07:28 PM

bluekitsune13 has disabled reputation
As much as I love the monks (theme wise and everything), I just can not get them to live long enough to do anything. They're just too expensive for me, and although they're fast, 80 points for a 3 man 3-3 squad doesn't work for me. I also never get a chance to use their Shaolin assault either, as my opponents are always wise to scatter their figures.

I'm not sure if Master Woo (once I get one) will make them any better though. He seems pretty expensive to work for me. The extra stealth leap height probably won't make a difference to me because they'll get chewed up by ranged fire before they even breach the castle walls. Plus Woo has to be very close by to increase their stats.

I would love to use the monks, but alas, they just don't work for me. And that makes me sad.

Old August 26th, 2007, 04:22 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I just played at the 3rd western PA tournament involving 14 people and I used a monk army with master woo. 2 squads of monks with him was pretty good. Unfortunetely I fought 2 different blast/glad armies and that didn't fair too well for me. Even though the monks will have a great chance at attacking mulitple figures, the glad defense and blast attack are both just too great for monks. The monks have a hard time killing them and can't survive attacks from blasts, even with the master helping them. Master woo I actually didn't use to attack too often, as using hte monks around him was so much better. They performed alright but I would never use them again in a competitive tournament again
Old August 30th, 2007, 06:10 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddlersdragon
(First Post EVaH!1!)

Got back from Gencon on Saturday with SoTM and two Win Chius.

I used the monks against zombies with Woo and they rocked. The monks are finally more than just shock troops.
I had 2 squads of zombies making their way to the monks and with Woo's ability giving the monks an extra attack 2 of them took out all 6 in one turn! The zombies were standing too close to each other and so the monks could attack 3-4 at a time!
Old August 31st, 2007, 08:35 PM

Lord_Paul is surprisingly tart
I played with him a couple of days ago. He and the monks were kicking butt, especially since my friend tried to surround master win.

Making the world better, one post at a time.
Old October 4th, 2007, 09:37 PM

LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby!
It's very important to note that while his Master's Influence requires 2 clear sight spaces, his boost to their jumping ability doesn't have any such restrictions. In an Aaryglynn battle the other night (I was the outside guy) I sent Woo in first when, in fact, I should have sent the monks in first to clear out the rabble. The unboosted monks still have an attack of 3 so when the going gets tough you bring in Woo to up their attack and defense.
They all fell to Awa in the end but that's a different problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
CraigVN and I played a game against Buddy Lee and ChaosChild last night. Chaos had Woo and I tell you what!! That mofo is bad to the bone! We still won but Woo was the last figure left on their side.
I'm sorry, but that's just freakin awesome. It's like saying, "Me and my buddies Bono, Eric Clapton, and Neil Peart had a cool little jam session the other night..."

Last edited by LilMoochie : five minutes ago.
Reason: You think it's mindless drivel now? You should have seen it before.
LilMoochie's Maps, LilMoochie's trades
Old October 18th, 2007, 10:33 AM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!
Does anybody have any ideas as to why Master Woo is aligned to Aquilla and not Ullar? Unless they have another monk squad to be released under Aquilla, I find this decision odd that
1] Ullar did not bring him to Valhalla.
2]Aquilla did bring him to Valhalla.

DWARVES!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units