Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old October 29th, 2019, 05:29 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Demona

What's wrong with the original? It looks fine to me but I'm clearly missing something.
Old October 29th, 2019, 05:32 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
What's wrong with the original? It looks fine to me but I'm clearly missing something.
Ronin feels as though it means she gains MD... which I guess is arguably the case, but regardless, it'd only be while the spell's being cast. Might be confusing in the case of Mesmerise, though...

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 29th, 2019, 05:33 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

For one thing, I'm not sure why we'd state what happens during the spell, before we list what happens before casting the spell. What I proposed places it in a more logical order in that regard. Other than that, there's really no issue other than following wording precedent from prior powers such as how Iron Fist works.
Old October 29th, 2019, 05:53 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
I think following Iron Fist's wording should be sufficient enough.
Quote:
FORCE OF ONE
Before attacking with Iron Fist, you may choose to either:
• attack any or all figures adjacent to Iron Fist, rolling each attack separately; or
• add 3 to Iron Fist's Attack number this turn, and while attacking, Iron Fist has the Super Strength special power.
I'd go with this:
Quote:
ARCANE PLOT
Once per game, Demona may cast a Unique Spell. Before that spell is cast, you may choose an opponent’s Unique Hero. That opponent must move at least as many unrevealed Order Markers to the chosen Hero's card as there are Order Markers on this card, up to a maximum of three. While Demona is casting a spell, she has the Magical Defense special power and figures with the Blind Warrior special power are not affected.
My problem with this is that the card states she has a special power with baggage that we don't make explicit. Super Strength and Flying are symbols, and something we expect players to know without references. Magical Defense is not. I don't believe we've ever included a special power in that way and not explained what it does. (See the Mind Gem or C3V's Gem of Lava Resistance for how that would look.)

So we'd be looking at something like this:

Quote:
ARCANE PLOT
Once per game, Demona may cast a Unique Spell. Before that spell is cast, you may choose an opponent’s Unique Hero. That opponent must move at least as many unrevealed Order Markers to the chosen Hero's card as there are Order Markers on this card, up to a maximum of three. While Demona is casting a spell, figures with the Blind Warrior special power are not affected, she has the Magical Defense special power, and when she is attacked by an opponent's figure that does not have the Magical Defense special power, the most wounds she can take for this attack is one.
Would that fight? The squeeze is already tight.
Old October 29th, 2019, 06:06 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post

Quote:
ARCANE PLOT
Once per game, Demona may cast a Unique Spell. Before that spell is cast, you may choose an opponent’s Unique Hero. That opponent must move at least as many unrevealed Order Markers to the chosen Hero's card as there are Order Markers on this card, up to a maximum of three. While Demona is casting a spell, figures with the Blind Warrior special power are not affected, she has the Magical Defense special power, and when she is attacked by an opponent's figure that does not have the Magical Defense special power, the most wounds she can take for this attack is one.
The Magical Defense is only active when she casts the spell. Are we expecting her to cast a defensive spell thus needing the extra verbiage for the defensive aspect? I figured we were just talking offense/on her turn here, to bypass opponent's Magical Defense.
Old October 29th, 2019, 06:08 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post

Quote:
ARCANE PLOT
The Magical Defense is only active when she casts the spell. Are we expecting her to cast a defensive spell thus needing the extra verbiage for the defensive aspect? I figured we were just talking offense/on her turn here, to bypass opponent's Magical Defense.
That's the wording on Kristoff von Doom, which we cut earlier because it's also pretty wordy:

Quote:
Once per game, Demona may cast a Unique Spell. Before that spell is cast, you may choose an opponent’s Unique Hero. That opponent must move at least as many unrevealed Order Markers to the chosen Hero's card as there are Order Markers on this card, up to a maximum of three. While Demona is casting a spell, figures with the Blind Warrior special power are not affected, and whenever a special power on an Army Card or glyph refers to the Magical Defense special power, it refers to this special power as well.
But if it fits, it definitely has my stamp of approval. We could probably even cheat it down to this:

Quote:
Once per game, Demona may cast a Unique Spell. Before that spell is cast, you may choose an opponent’s Unique Hero. That opponent must move at least as many unrevealed Order Markers to the chosen Hero's card as there are Order Markers on this card, up to a maximum of three. While Demona is casting a spell, figures with the Blind Warrior special power are not affected, and whenever a special power refers to the Magical Defense special power, it refers to this special power as well.
Old October 29th, 2019, 07:46 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I'm happy with that if everyone else is. We need to decide quickly though.
What are we doing with hit-zones?

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 29th, 2019, 07:58 PM

If a Dragon/Gargoyle etc. gets hit in the wing, does it hurt/cause physical harm? If so, I don't see why they wouldn't be able to be targeted. That said, I really don't care one way or the other, and if the idea is they fold them when on ground, sure, just grey them out then. Probably wouldn't hurt to update older designs to match.
Old October 29th, 2019, 08:05 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
If a Dragon/Gargoyle etc. gets hit in the wing, does it hurt/cause physical harm? If so, I don't see why they wouldn't be able to be targeted. That said, I really don't care one way or the other, and if the idea is they fold them when on ground, sure, just grey them out then. Probably wouldn't hurt to update older designs to match.
Yes, and I don't really care either.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 29th, 2019, 08:25 PM

Ok, so go with greyed out and update the SP with johnny's 2nd wording suggestion.
Old October 30th, 2019, 10:39 AM
Hard as ice

SP updated with johnny's proposal, and after having had a brief chat with my Mam about it we've decided that non-targetable wings is probably the way to go - they would definitely get hurt if hit in the wing, but they are also foldable. @tcglkn , would you be able to make those updates?

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 30th, 2019, 12:19 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Foldable wings typically are greyed out. That is the intent anyway. We haven’t been perfectly consistent.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library