Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old January 22nd, 2008, 10:01 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
Quicksand, various new castles, various new foliage, and statues.

I would add that RttFF was probably the most influential terrain expansion, and that further terrain expansions should mirror it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old January 22nd, 2008, 10:16 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
I would LOVE to see a terrain type or enhancement that blocks Line of Sight but allows units to pass through it, such as smoke, fog, or mist.

It's the primary type of terrain that we're missing and it would greatly, greatly enhance the game both from a competitive standpoint and from a balancing viewpoint.

I think it's so important that I'm making my text red and bold so it will stand out!!!

:P
Old January 22nd, 2008, 10:22 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
To go with the jungle theme there could be some waterfall line of sight blocker.

I'm also for a desert set with some cactus, sand dunes, red rock columns, and maybe some nasty scorpions.

I also like the idea of just a set of various line of sit blockers. New ruins, columns, statues, trees, etc. all packaged together.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old January 22nd, 2008, 11:04 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Has anyone suggested terrain for promotional items yet? Put Leifkicker to work designing some kick-butt 3-hex LoS blockers that can be given out at tourneys, etc.

Environmentalists make great compost.
Old January 22nd, 2008, 11:06 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Has anyone suggested terrain for promotional items yet? Put Leifkicker to work designing some kick-butt 3-hex LoS blockers that can be given out at tourneys, etc.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 22nd, 2008, 11:12 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Desired New Terrain Features

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgosCap
My personally most desired terrain:

Modern / Urban / Sci-Fi

I have long wanted a more high-tech set of terrain for the robots/soulborgs. I've suggested a soulborg base called "Zettia" for the Zettian guards to guard. It could be easy to do: Create gray/metallic water tiles to represent smooth metal floors. Then create some sci-fi looking walls to go around them. Maybe even have a turret emplacement. This would also be more theme-appropriate for the Marvel sets as well. So, it could have big appeal in the hobby stores too.
I am also disappointed by Heroscape's lack of modern terrain. If out-and-out metal tiles, machinery, etc. are out of the question, I suggest/beg for terrain that could at least look somewhat modern with clever mapmaking. I would love wood-plank tiles. Many have asked for wooden bridges; I know I would buy many of them for the floors of building interiors. Egyptian objects would be great as well, not for deserts but as monuments in city streets. If for some reason you will not make further dedicated modern/urban/sci-fi terrain, please at least make something that we can fudge into modern maps somehow, as opposed to dedicated fantasy/ancient terrain. Thank you.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 12:00 AM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker
I think the thing I want to see most off all is a pagoda style castle for Einar. IT would be amazing! That and a tree like castle for Ullar. Like with a tree door.

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."
Old January 23rd, 2008, 12:23 AM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgosCap

My personally most desired terrain:

Modern / Urban / Sci-Fi
Like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
I think it would be interesting to do some Egyptian stuff.
Like this?

Old January 23rd, 2008, 12:31 AM
Ug, a gray man

Eckels knows what's in an order marker Eckels knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
I think it would be interesting to do some Egyptian stuff. We already have sand tiles but we could expand it to some statues and walls made of clay and maybe throw in a pyramid style "castle".

Others have thrown this idea out there and it sounds really cool.
Heroscape Pyramids - Tutorial Included.

Good Traders: Just_a_Bill, Wind Lane, Steiner, Hilo-scaper, tdavid6
My Latest Maps
Old January 23rd, 2008, 12:47 AM

champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker
I like the natural terrain items. Like rocks, logs, trees, caves, boulders, stumps, hollow trees, bushes, *takes a breath* The list goes on. Trees that a figure can climb up into would be cool.

Long live Heroscape.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 01:01 AM

Faustus is surprisingly tart
I will buy everything they put out. Yep, I said it. Now, I won't buy 16 packages, like some, but I'll probably buy about 2 or 3.

Buildings would be great, sci-fi terrain, wastelands...

The outdoors is what happens when I'm going from one place to another.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 01:17 AM

soberman knows what's in an order marker soberman knows what's in an order marker
Though it more of an accessory than terrain feature, I'm amazed that we are almost on page 3 and nobody has mentioned castle seige equipment, like catapults, etc.

You guys talk about it all the time, but when a corporate rep logs on, everyone forgets.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion