Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old June 14th, 2006, 05:14 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Obviously the Orc units are the scarest of all.. (However I wouldn't pick that exact Orc army)

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old June 14th, 2006, 09:40 PM

Aranas has disabled reputation
I give my vote to the Black team (Krav and Micro)
AND definitely NOT the 4th team:
Raelin, Alastair Macdirk, Tarn Viking Warriors, & 2 squads of Macdirk Warriors.

No range at all!!

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI
Old June 14th, 2006, 10:14 PM
ultradoug

orc swarm is metagame.
and its winning the poll
'
Old June 14th, 2006, 10:28 PM
has been BANNED

Jason is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
The vydar unit would dominate the Orcs. The gladitrons would lock down the Orcs and nobody would be able to touch the Krav
Old June 14th, 2006, 10:51 PM

django is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Tagawa Samurai, Izumi Samurai, Parmenio, Guilty McCreech, & 2 squads of Sacred Band. has my vote.

Ądn sʇɐɥʍ
Old June 15th, 2006, 12:55 AM

Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker
The poll link never works for me any more I don't no why but it makes me feel left out.

Never negotiate the truth. - Serj Tankian

Trade List: Please contact with offers. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ostcount=10010
Old June 15th, 2006, 10:22 AM

ArchonShiva has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranas
I give my vote to the Black team (Krav and Micro)
AND definitely NOT the 4th team:
Raelin, Alastair Macdirk, Tarn Viking Warriors, & 2 squads of Macdirk Warriors.

No range at all!!
Yeah, and you've had such great success using X17... <lol>

Also, if you're gonna pick Krav and Microcorp, you really might as well take the Microcorp twice: it'll allow you to fight at full strength even after some get killed. The Krav are better, but multiple commons is absolutely major.

All-melee teams *can* be very successful, you just need to pick smartly. High move and high defense are both pretty big. Sentinels, Minions (faking high move with flying), Marrden Hounds, Vipers swarms in extreme situation, Blade Grut swarms with dinosaur backup, anyone with bonding on a flattish road-friendly map, it can work. Just don't draft the Tarn Vikings and the McDirks expecting to win the attacking side of Taelenk Tundra against a ranged army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UD
orc swarm is metagame. and its winning the poll
What exactly is your definition of metagame? I'd say Taelord+Snipers is big-time metagame: units that are used together due to great synergy in the rules, but which should never even consider fighting on the same side. Orc swarms is the the basic fighting concept of orcs, as far as I know.

By respect for your fellow posters, please refrain from gratuitous use of the terms "******", "****", "****", "*****", "***", "****", "***", "******", "******" and "GenCon exclusive".
Old June 15th, 2006, 10:44 AM
stop starring at my burrito

AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker
have you guys thought that this poll might be a way for the design team to find out which units are unbalanced? And then possibly make the wave 5 guys have some special ability that helps them defeat the popular choice?
Old June 16th, 2006, 12:11 AM

Venom has disabled reputation
not really. i believe wave 5 is already set and rdy to be shipped. maybe for wave 6

Old June 16th, 2006, 08:44 AM

ArchonShiva has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishBurrito
have you guys thought that this poll might be a way for the design team to find out which units are unbalanced? And then possibly make the wave 5 guys have some special ability that helps them defeat the popular choice?
Pretty obviously is, but I was more thinking of helping out the underdogs. I mean, some armies still don't have much that is worthwhile on their own. Einar especially gets the shaft, but it's hard to come up with a convincing all-Vydar army as well.

Utgar seems to have the most potential, with Orcs bweing one of several decent all-Utgar builds. Jandar seems to lack ranged potential (all ts ranged squads receive a major boost from a figure serving another general, and it basically doesn't have ranged heroes), but probably offers the best all-melee combinations (though Raelin is a big help here). Ullar doesn't have that many builds, but they're solid.

By respect for your fellow posters, please refrain from gratuitous use of the terms "******", "****", "****", "*****", "***", "****", "***", "******", "******" and "GenCon exclusive".

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News