Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old June 5th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Bullseye

The Book of Bullseye

C3G MARVEL WAVE 4
FIGHT AGAINST FEAR

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Infinity Challenge set.
Its model number and name are #100-102 / Bullseye.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Universe set.
Its model number and name are #112-114 / Bullseye.

Character Bio - Very little is known about Bullseye's past. He claims he grew-up in the Bronx and had a brother, along with an abusive father. The only time they shared as a family was shooting air rifles together. Even at a young age, he had perfect accuracy. This was demonstrated when he killed a pigeon by throwing a yo-yo. He and his brother attempted to kill his father at a young age by setting the apartment on fire. They were split up and both were placed in foster homes. While in high school he became a talented pitcher, and was offered a scholarship for college, but instead he joined the minor league baseball. It is possible that he was on his way to be a major league baseball player because of his skills at throwing objects. Because of his perfect pitching record, he became bored and killed a batter who mocked him. This was a watershed even for Bullseye, because he realized how much he enjoyed killing.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities
  • N/A
Benefits
  • N/A
Weaknesses
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 04:02 PM. Reason: png
Old June 5th, 2010, 04:22 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Bullseye - Design Phase

NAME = BULLSEYE
SECRET IDENTITY = LESTER ???

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ASSASSIN
PERSONALITY = PRECISE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 7
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 175

DEADLY AIM
When attacking a non-adjacent figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Bullseye, add 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled. If an opponent rolls the 20-sided die for a figure attacked by Bullseye's Deadly Aim, you may subtract 2 from or add 2 to the roll.

Original Post:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by SirGalahad; April 26th, 2014 at 11:30 PM.
Old June 5th, 2010, 05:46 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Looking good GO. I would agree with all that Griff has said.

Cheers
Old June 5th, 2010, 05:49 PM

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

1. I think HUMAN is fine. That's how Marvel lists him, too. They just say that some think he might be a mutant.
2. I'm good with Precise
3. Life 5/Defense 6 was for the adamantium. See here, from the official Marvel site:
Quote:
Later, when following an assignment to kill the Kingpin, Bullseye simply received a better offer from the Kingpin and agreed to work with him, instead. However, after returning from yet another imprisonment by Daredevil, Bullseye was furious that the Kingpin had chosen Elektra as his assassin in the meantime. Bullseye killed her with nothing more than a playing card and her own sai weapon. Earning the enmity of Daredevil, Elektra's lover, Bullseye fought the enraged hero high over the tops of New York City, and Bullseye was allowed to fall to his death by Daredevil. He did not die, however, his spine shattered, paralyzing him. With the help of a Japanese crime lord, Lord Dark Wind, Bullseye's bones were laced with Adamantium in the hopes that Bullseye would freely serve Lord Dark Wind as his head assassin.
4. Your change to the d20 sounds good to me.
Old June 5th, 2010, 06:41 PM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Looks good but honestly, I'm not feeling the 'precise' nature of Bullseye's skills here...

Sure, his attack is good but precise? I'm not convinced. I think he might be better served with the 1 skull = 2 skulls deal. Or a no defense rolled ability. Maybe even a Braxas like auto-squad kill power?

Last edited by whitestuff; June 5th, 2010 at 06:47 PM.
Old June 5th, 2010, 10:19 PM

The other reason for the Defense of 6:

Quote:
Lester is one of the top all-around H2H fighters in the MU. He consistently holds his own against Daredevil, has easily beaten Gambit and has toyed with Elektra, who's arguably the top ninja in the world, on two separate occasions.
Given that he's that good at hand-to-hand, I assumed a Defense of 5, like Batman, then added 1 due to the adamantium skeleton.

As for adding 1 auto skull vs. counting each skull of 2, here's how the probabilities break down. With his attack of 4, assuming an opponent with a Defense of 5:

adding 1 auto-skull: 71% chance of causing at least one wound
each skull counts as 2: 79% chance of causing at least one wound

So all in all, not too different in terms of probabilities, but the doubling of skulls is slightly more powerful. I could personally go either way.
Old June 5th, 2010, 11:15 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I hear your points on the Life 5 and defense 6 GreyOwl, and you have convinced me of the defense of 6, but not the life of 5....
Old June 6th, 2010, 09:25 AM

Okay, on the Life 5. I started with the assumption that an average superhero human (no powers) is a Life 4. I know that's not always the case, but it was a good approximate starting point. Since Life represents how durable someone is and how much damage they can take before being incapacitated, I added 1 to that due to the adamantium skeleton.

Quote:
Due to various injuries, many of Bullseye's bones have been reinforced with strips of adamantium, with his spine now entirely composed of the substance. This has increased his resistance to injury in unarmed combat.
From a gameplay perspective, he has a Move of 5 and no special movement powers, so he'll be slow moving around the map, making him an easier target. A higher Life will help balance him out a little.

On another note, I'm wondering if the modification of 4 on the d20 roll is too much, based on this:

Quote:
Daredevil is a comparatively frustrating target because the superhero's enhanced senses provide enough information to allow him to counter the attacks most of the time.
So according to that, Daredevil can counter Bullseye's skill most of the time. So perhaps the bonus isn't even necessary?
Old June 6th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Okay, I've read the comments and did some research on Bullseye before making some observations/comments of my own.

Left box stats are cool to me.

The life/defense debate intrigued me as I was kind of leery of the life of 5 and defense of 6 at first because I wasn't aware of his Adamantium laced bones and spine. These characters advance over the years and sometimes it's hard to keep track of their upgrades. Anyway, I'm fine with the 5/6 deal in that the Adamantium in his bones give him the edge over some of the Vigilante type stats defensively because he's a great martial artist like the Vigilante's tend to be, he wears the kevlar suit that helps and the Adamantium will help vs. blunt trauma from Heavy Hitters as it is quoted as saying that it helps him in unarmed combat. It's not going to help vs. bullet, claws or sword but the kevlar will help. So given other martial artist types having similar suits, the Adamantium will give Bullseye the edge vs. punches from Supes, BC, Grundy etc. Now for the life of 5. Well, considering Bullseye has similar skills as the Vigilante set, he isn't given Counter Strike, Evasive Strike, 1 shield def, agility def, evade, or has a swingline/bat-grapple, superstrength, flying or any other types of defense to demonstrate his skills, I think that a life of 5 is fine. He could be the type that would leap off of height and take a wound if he needed to. He isn't mobile at all with a move of 5 and no other means of getting around either to height or down from height. The life number shouldn't just be Human = 4, so in so = 5, so in so = 6. The rest of the card needs to be taken into consideration IMO and adding an extra life is like putting a power in the base stats instead of in the text space. It's like not putting Defensive Agility or One Shield Defense etc. into his base stats. So I'm fine with both the 5 life and 6 defense considering his move is only 5 and he has no other special defense powers.

The one thing I really have a problem with is him having a range of 7 and use of Deadly Aim with that range. I'm sorry, but his special abilities are to take anything and make them a deadly weapon by throwing them and there is no way he is throwing Stars, pencils, knives, playing cards, baseballs, paper clips, toothpick etc. etc. 7 spaces. That is more like making him an extreme sniper with a rifle and while he is good with guns, his abilities don't make him any better with guns than anyone else, his abilities involve him throwing things. Personally, I'd prefer Deadly Aim to be a special attack, so that the range could be reduced while still allowing him the use of a rifle at 7 spaces and a normal attack of 4 for his martial arts skills. A Deadly Aim from 7 spaces with a defense of 6 isn't ideal for me, especially if Angel carries him to height and he can pluck people with attack of 5 (plus DA) and defense of 7. Not thematic for me as his Adamantium laced bones helps his defense vs. blunt trauma and that means up close, not from so much from range. So I'd prefer him need to be no more than 5 spaces away for Deadly Aim. This would allow opponent's to close in and make that defense of 6 meaningful vs. melee attacks. He's more of an up close and personal guy too. Also, since he is a good martial artist and can use guns, I think that can be represented in his normal attack and that his special ability for turning anything into a deadly thrown weapon should be represented in a special attack. His skills/ability is so great in that regard that it should be able to bypass special defenses that would otherwise make his normal attack less effective.

Okay, that's it from me.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Hahma; June 6th, 2010 at 02:17 PM.
Old June 6th, 2010, 12:41 PM

I am now convinced on the life of 5. Thank you GO and Hahma.
Old June 6th, 2010, 06:20 PM

So I guess now we need to settle on:

1. Range
2. add 1 auto skull vs. double all skulls for DEADLY AIM
Old June 6th, 2010, 11:12 PM

I like a range of 6, that feels right to me.

I like Deadly Aim as it is written.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library