Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old November 3rd, 2017, 10:51 AM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Fan Fic Contest - Awaiting Prompt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elven Lord View Post
FB works for me. I'm on there a lot. I'll check with my brother, see if he wants to pop in and say hello, maybe even join in.

If OB does join in, his status as my little brother will not effect my decision making.
I'll keep the deadline as the 18th for now. If anyone needs it or there aren't any entries, I'll give a free extension to the 2nd when the time comes.

~TGRF.
Sounds good my friend.

Feeling like an old lurker. 15 years, wow. That's half as long as I've lived. Love y'all like family.
Old November 8th, 2017, 03:32 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Fan Fic Contest - Deadline: November 18; Word Limit: 250

I have an idea.

~TGRF, leaving his competition to quake in their boots. Let's just forget about that previous loss, shall we?

UPDATE: 5447 words. Some large chunks need to be taken out, but I'd say it's still going to be between 3000 and 4000 words. But it'll be worth it.

Last edited by TGRF; November 8th, 2017 at 07:07 PM.
Old November 9th, 2017, 12:30 AM

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

I have an idea.

~TGRF, leaving his competition to quake in their boots. Let's just forget about that previous loss, shall we?

UPDATE: 5447 words. Some large chunks need to be taken out, but I'd say it's still going to be between 3000 and 4000 words. But it'll be worth it.
You have the word limit set at 250 in the title, it's ballpark 2500. Just a heads.

Feeling like an old lurker. 15 years, wow. That's half as long as I've lived. Love y'all like family.
Old November 9th, 2017, 01:15 AM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:

I have an idea.

You have the word limit set at 250 in the title, it's ballpark 2500. Just a heads.
Now that WOULD be a contest.

~TGRF.

EDIT: Actually the post title character limit might be shorter than the thread title limit, because it already says 2500...
Old November 9th, 2017, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I have an idea.

Now that WOULD be a contest.

~TGRF.

EDIT: Actually the post title character limit might be shorter than the thread title limit, because it already says 2500...
No harm my friend. I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Old November 10th, 2017, 04:22 PM

So I've edited my story roughly as much as I can (meaning I've removed all I can - I can still tighten some things up and change some words). The word count is still in the area of 4.9K. Is that too much?

~TGRF.
Old November 10th, 2017, 11:30 PM

Quote:
So I've edited my story roughly as much as I can (meaning I've removed all I can - I can still tighten some things up and change some words). The word count is still in the area of 4.9K. Is that too much?

~TGRF.
In the spirit of fairness to the other contestants, I can't really call 5k in the ballpark of 2k. However, perhaps I was a little too tough with the word count. I'd like to make an extension. The new maximum word count will be 4,000 words. 2 things, also in the spirit of fairness.

1) It is a MAX word count.

2) At least one other contestant must agree. If we don't hear from anyone by Sunday night the new word count will go into effect.

Old November 11th, 2017, 12:06 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You'll never hear any complaints from me regarding larger word limits.

~TAF, with an idea that just might work...

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old November 11th, 2017, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Quote:

~TGRF.
In the spirit of fairness to the other contestants, I can't really call 5k in the ballpark of 2k. However, perhaps I was a little too tough with the word count. I'd like to make an extension. The new maximum word count will be 4,000 words. 2 things, also in the spirit of fairness.

1) It is a MAX word count.

2) At least one other contestant must agree. If we don't hear from anyone by Sunday night the new word count will go into effect.
Hmm. I doubt I can remove that much. I'll look back at it, but I don't have high hopes of cutting roughly 1k words. Not without removing some super important parts.

~TGRF.
Old November 13th, 2017, 02:36 PM

Re: Fan Fic Contest - Deadline: November 18; Word Limit: 400

Hey folks, somehow it has been two weeks and I am still here (a first for me lol), as such I'll be extending the deadline to December 1st. Thanks for y'all's patience with me.

EL

Old November 14th, 2017, 02:15 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Fan Fic Contest - Deadline: December 1; Word Limit: 4000

That's good - I could probably use the extra time.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old November 24th, 2017, 09:13 PM

Re: Fan Fic Contest - Deadline: December 1; Word Limit: 4000

I made it. I few messy paragraphs reworked, some removed, others condensed, several needless or implied passages erased, and we arrive at 3990 words. Despite my previous dire prophesies that I would have to cut out something big, I did not. Maybe a little extra description to set the mood slightly better, but overall I'm fairly pleased with how little of the actual story was cut.

This tale is entitled Light up the Darkness, and I was partially inspired to write it by the epic music of the same name, below. That being said, it is not recommended that you listen to the music - or anything else - while reading. It conflicts with certain moods and will alter the flavor.
Light up the Darkness
Spoiler Alert!

Original indenting method kindly supplied by my competition, TAF, with alterations made by myself.

~TGRF.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction