Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old December 17th, 2009, 06:51 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Feral Troll Pre-Release Discussion Thread

I'm making some Pre-Release Discussion Threads so that no one needs to worry about books right now. We can keep all the excitement of finally seeing everything in these threads. The books could be created later, like when the figures actually come out and we can play with them instead of rampantly TheoryScaping. The idea is to keep the books a little cleaner, but still provide a place for figure-specific discussion until later.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old December 17th, 2009, 06:58 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Feral Troll Pre-Release Discussion Thread

The feral troll looks like Squadbait. Only having 1 attack per turn and 1 defence means he will get chewed up by melee squads. Knights of Weston and Denrick or the Axegrinders and Migol could probably take him in one turn. He might do okay against heroes though, especially if the heroes also only get one attack per turn. He probably fits the bill for the dungeon crawls a lot better than he will do in battles. I don't know if having a lot of these guys would be cool. I think increasing the point cost and making regeneration to where it removed a wound from every feral troll after a feral troll takes a turn would have been fun, and way cool. After all, regeneration should be working all the time, not just when the troll is moving.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old December 17th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Excellent idea. Much better than what happened with the books last time.

Anyways, I would absolutely love this guy were it not for the 1 defense. Nothing Raelin can't fix I suppose.
Old December 17th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think he is okay, and with 3 of them you will get increased mobility. I think that they are specifically for non-ranged heros. You force the hero to engage the troll, which he probaly won't kill, and then swarm him with another 1-2 trolls, and you will have a massive beatfest on the poor hero. What is cool about being a uncommon hero is that you can have multiple of them, and you escape the powers such as chomp and increased acid breath.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old December 17th, 2009, 07:14 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

They certainly are interesting. I'm seeing them being used later in a game as (squad)commons are cleared better or as choke blocks for odd places on the map.

They seem like a nuisance on the board, unless you can attack them with a lot of things at once they really aren't worth attacking.

I think they are wonderful when it comes to my interpretation of a real troll. They aren't to bright, so their defense is weak, but they are hardy figures so they have high life. The offense part is pretty straight forward.

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old December 17th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I just had an AWESOME thought:

ORNAK! Oh my god that would be so cruel.
Old December 17th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post

Not unique... No Ornak

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old December 17th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Caster of Crying

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Quote:

Not unique... No Ornak
Read the front page update again. They are considered Unique in every way except that you can draft more than one of them.
Old December 17th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Quote:

Not unique... No Ornak
Not so:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Front Page
Notice that they are treated as Unique Heroes in every other way. That means like uniques, they can pick up Treasure Glyphs.
Old December 17th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

There is more ninjaing going on then I have ever seen.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old December 17th, 2009, 07:29 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

"In order to meet this goal of having a Common Heroes that can’t be destroyed with 1 bad defense roll, we developed the Uncommon Heroes. They can be added to an Army like a common figure, but they are treated like a Unique figure in every other way."

But based on this excerpt here wouldnt this mean you could use Ornak to move them?

Wow I was slow on this one.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old December 17th, 2009, 07:30 PM

I don't think regeneration is going to be worth that much. Feral Trolls suffer the one attack per order marker problem, and if your opponent is using his order markers effectively, he shouldn't mind you removing your one wound.

I'm with Cav on Ornak, but I will admit it would be cool without being broken.

Jugger

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units