Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old September 16th, 2008, 09:12 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Chardris

The Book of Chardris
Defenders of Kinsland - Collection 8 - Heroes of the Molten Sea

Spoiler Alert!
If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Heroscape Character Bio: Droplets of sweat run streaks down the ash stained face of Lord Chardis. Blasts of flame leap from his hands with deadly might and accuracy. He can feel power surging behind each strike. Jorhdawn, his daughter, and the other members of The Nine fight by Chardris' side. Never before have all nine joined their strength at once, never before have has their even been a ninth, the mystic energy flowing through Chardris is so great his flesh crawls with it. And still, it is not enough to keep back the wolves. They drink from the twin moons of harvest. The Dire Stone is slipping from the grasp of the elves. One of the leaping wolves suddenly breaks through the magic barriers woven by the elves, and begins to sink its teeth into the wizard Emirroon's neck, but, just as the wolves are vanishing before each blow stricken against them, so too did Emirroon vanish. Next, Arkmer is gone, just before an Anubian can plant its claws into his chest. Chardris' power begins to drain away as his brethren of The Order vanish. He and the others grow helpless against the onslaught of raging wolves washing over them in waves. Soon Chardris stands alone. Hate an anger flow through his quaking body as all is lost in one sweeping moment. He surges forward in one last desperate struggle, one final blast of flame. His aim is true, his mark, the Darklord Khosumet, is engulfed in flames and then vanishes like the rest. The wolves cave in on Chardris as he too vanishes from the world of Feylund, leaving behind a great power in evil's grasp. (Hasbro)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred
FIRE STRIKE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 6. Attack 2 + Special.
When Chardris attacks with Fire Strike Special Attack, add 1 to Chardris’ attack dice for every additional Elf Wizard you control within 3 clear sight spaces of Chardris, up to a maximum of +3 dice.

ERRATA: Fire Strike Special Attack, v.1
My Chardris Card says "up to a minimum of +3 dice." Is this a misprint?
Yes. Chardris's card has been reprinted and released with the correct wording, which is: "up to a maximum of +3 dice."

Synergy Benefits Received
-ACOLARH : Leaf of the Home Tree Aura :
As an Elf, Chardris may benefit from Acolarh’s LEAF OF THE HOME TREE AURA defensive bonus.
-ACOLARH : Ullar’s Amulet :
As a follower of Ullar, Chardris may benefit from Acolarh’s ULLAR’S AMULET movement bonus.
-EMIRROON : Elven Summoning Spell :
As an elf, Chardris may benefit from Emirroon's ELVEN SUMMONING SPELL ability.
-KYNTELA GWYN : Strength of Oak Aura 1 :
As an elf, Chardris may benefit from Kyntela Gwyn's STRENGTH OF OAK AURA 1 defense bonus.

-ULGINESH : Mind Link :
As an elf wizard, Chardris may benefit from Ulginesh's MIND LINK activation synergy.

- FIRE STRIKE SPECIAL ATTACK: ELF WIZARDS
:
Synergy Benefits Offered
-ARKMER : Staff of Lerkintin : As an Elf Wizard, Chardris may aid Arkmer with his STAFF OF LERKINTIN Defense enhancement.

-EMIRROON : Elven Summoning Spell : As an elf, Chardris may aid Emirroon with his ELVEN SUMMONING SPELL d20 ability.

-JORHDAWN : Rain of Flame Special Attack : As an elf wizard, Chardris may aid Jorhdawn with her Rain of Flame Special Attack.

-4th MASSACHUSETTS LINE : Valiant Army Defense Bonus : Having a Valiant personality, Chardris may aid the 4th Massachusetts Line with their VALIANT ARMY DEFENSE BONUS.
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Power Rankings

Jexik: Chardris is the least exciting of the attacking Elf Wizards. C+

OEAO: B-

Cleon: Tier 5 (119/208)

dok (VC inclusive): Chardris is likely to get left behind in the crowded elf wizard field, but Haduc certainly helps keep this shooter alive. B-

Master Index
Eckels's Elf Army Thread
Chardris - What's Your Army Idea?

Unit Strategy Review
TBA

(Images courtesy of Truth )

Last edited by superfrog; March 6th, 2019 at 03:23 PM. Reason: vc added
Old September 18th, 2008, 08:30 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Chardris

Chardris to me is the biggest conundrum so far amongst the Elf Wizards. With Jorhdawn having an area affect and one more range, there are only three reasons I see to play Chardris:

1) You plan on playing both Chardris and Jorhdawn
2) You're playing Deathreavers or some other unit to tie up your opponent's figures before attacking them.
3) Your opponent has drafted mainly heroes

Chardris is nice to have when you're playing Rats, since Jorhdawn will fry your Rats just as effectively as she'll fry opponents. Plus, they make up for his smaller range by engaging enemy figures. However, he is still solid in the All Wizard army, since he gives the Elves a second strong special attack to use each turn.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old September 18th, 2008, 10:50 AM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation

I would like to add a fourth reason: you only have 90 points left to build your army. He is 10 points cheaper than Jorhdawn, so admittedly is not as good, although it seems he is her father so perhaps should have more experience with fire magic.

And just an interesting note: the pack he is in is called "Heroes of the Molten Sea," which to me, indicates at least one of the heroes may have some sort of lava resistance. Seeing as lava resistance does not make sense for a knight (Sir Dupuis) or a daimyo (Kato Katsuro), makes a little more sense for ninja (Otonashi and Moriko), and makes the most sense for a FIRE-WIELDING, (Dark) elf wizard, I was disappointed to see Chardris did not have it. And when they did an official errata to his card, I was hoping that would be included too. But I am not saying his point value is wrong for his stats, but maybe he should have had that power and costed more, and given the elf army more versatility. Oh well, maybe there will be more lava resistant characters in the future.

Last edited by MegaSilver; May 28th, 2013 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Removed link that is now defunct and in OP.
Old September 18th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

I actually find myself activating Chardris more than Jorhdawn. When Jorhdawn is around, most players start spreading out their figures anyway, so it makes more sense to attack with the guy who will hit harder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old September 18th, 2008, 11:14 AM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think Chardris is a really nice alternative to Jordawn. Splash damage is a really mixed bag. The enemy can spread out to avoid it, and often you have to hit your own troops. Certainly Jordawn can be devastating in the right conditions, and justifies her cost, but Chardris' precision strike with one extra die is a better choice in many situations.

In a game against deathreavers, for example, Jordawn may be better with an early strike, but once those rats close in on your elves, her attack is worse for you than for your opponent. Chardris doesn't have that limitation.

edit to add: I missed Jexik's post while writting this one, but I agree. With both of them in my army, I find myself using Chardris more often.
Old February 4th, 2009, 03:06 AM

Thorgrim has disabled reputation

Why is Chardris' fire on his sculpt a hit zone, but Jordawn's fire isn't? Does he keep his soul in that fire or something?
Old February 4th, 2009, 10:34 AM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorgrim View Post
Why is Chardris' fire on his sculpt a hit zone, but Jordawn's fire isn't? Does he keep his soul in that fire or something?
There's been errata on that, too. The flame is not a hit zone, as per the official FAQ.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old February 5th, 2009, 07:59 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I don't know if this is just common knowledge that I missed out on or not, but Chardris is an anagram of Richards (and a pretty close one - just two letters moved). Who (if anyone) on the Scape design team or here on heroscapers.com is named Richards?

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old March 3rd, 2010, 10:13 AM

Oprime is surprisingly tart

so having recovered from My WoW coma , I am headlong into HS again.

Before that fateful day (unwrapping WoW chrismas morn) I had purchased wave 8 but not yet played.

My son and I played a game last nite and I used chardris and some synergy units

I played him to the letter , only used his ability if 3 or more were near him....

Afterward I was like ..that cant be right...

glad to see this place still rocks.

necroed , sorry, at least i searched
Old March 3rd, 2010, 11:14 AM

jotun7 Woo who?

Chardris isn't very bad. When I use him, I tend to stay far enough away from strong squads (they'd eat him up), but when I come in close enough, I use the fire power he has to take out a squad guy. But, if I get a little too close, I get a ranged hero to abide Chardris, and I come in. With his 6 lives, you could try a few things. But unfortunately, his 2 defence makes it harder to do so.

After all that, I'd say he's not half bad.

"For HIS honor and glory!"
Old March 3rd, 2010, 11:43 AM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

I like to use Chardris. I like to set behind Arkmer and if an enemy wants to get in close enough to strike at Chardris they have to deal with Arkmer's Engagement strike 13. Also, Chardris works well behind a wall of Warrios of Ashra. They can hold the enemy back with their defensive agility while Chardris picks them off one by one.
Old December 3rd, 2014, 09:54 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Is Chardris's fireball considered a hit zone? It is not on Jordawn's card but it is on Chardris's.

Oops, rolled a 1.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units