Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old January 8th, 2019, 05:32 PM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!
Re: DAYTON, OH. "BACK TO BASICS" tourney coming soon!!

I don't think anyone brought Nilfheim... a couple people brought Braxas and FOJ had Zelrig. Now that I think about it, the majority of people had a dragon in their army.

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...
Old January 8th, 2019, 07:54 PM

TradeMark has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marduk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
I guess I did too good with my Varkaanan Wolf Pack (all melee squads and Heroes) and most people though they were overpowered due to low cost for stats and avoiding a lot of other powers due to the army being all Unique and Large figures, whcih probably caused some people to loose respect for C3V.
I had no respect for the customs anyway, I've had too much experience with player-designed units being unbalanced in other games. I haven't bothered looking at any of the customs here and in the unlikely event I ever run a tournament again no customs would be allowed.

I don't consider them overpowered due the cost for stats, they're not that great compared to a lot of vanilla units - except for the large size, that might nudge them into the upper tier I suppose.

What makes them unbalanced is that their bonding ability is nothing like the already powerful bonding that can be found in the vanilla game. It's way too flexible compared to normal bonding.
Having been one of the other vocal oppositions to the models, I want to note that they were, in addition to having crazy flexible bonding
A) Immune to a large number of special rules due to size
B) Were still single hex, so avoided the disadvantages with movement inherent there
C) Did have strong stats per model compared to classic choices at similar costs
D) Had a special rule complexity per model that exceeds the majority of classic minis

To put it in perspective, here is my list, which paid out the nose for complex bonding versatility.

2x Blade Gruts
Grimnak
Ornak
Marcu
Krug
Brunak

The large size and high speed (they actually outspeed Blade Gruts substantially due to more models per activiation + bonus move rates/abilities) meant that Grimnak & the Gruts were just about useless vs them. Krug was the primary threat, and he did well, though I think it was more due to some questionable engagements rather than his inherent strength.

As a whole, the units did not seem balanced for the cost, nor did they seem to fit with the basic design principles of classic scape. Getting back into the scene after a while off, I'll probably avoid events with customs allowed from here on out.

I get the appeal of trying to spice up a game, but it really was like playing 2 different game systems.
Old January 8th, 2019, 10:42 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by outforblood View Post
I don't think anyone brought Nilfheim... a couple people brought Braxas and FOJ had Zelrig. Now that I think about it, the majority of people had a dragon in their army.
Yeah, that sounds like pretty stacked deck for the Varks. Firestorm too. Damn, I so wish we were there. My Orcs would have had a field day killing dragons.

I’m not gonna lie though, TradeMark is right. With like 7 more waves, the game is hugely different from Classic to C3V-inclusive. That is a lot of research you’d have to dedicate to have the best chance at tournements. And there are many new armies you can make, with only C3V or merged.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 3rd, 2019, 11:24 PM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!
Re: DAYTON, OH. Tourney Sat. April 6th

We have decided on a format for the Sat April 6th tourney. It's pretty unique to say the least. See op for details!

Results from Jan. 5th Melee Massacre tournament;

1. Lefton4ya
2. fatherofjulian
3. Jonathan
4. Richard
5. Kyle Mackie
6. Trademark
7. wargamingaddict87
8. outforblood
9. Storm Shadow
10. Tiamat
11. Marduk
12. Big Oldprakster
13. Simon
14. Steve

@lefton4ya @Marduk @Big Oldprankster @flameslayer93 @Mr. Mackie @Richard @Tiamat @wargamingaddict87 @NecroBlade @TradeMark

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...

Last edited by outforblood; February 4th, 2019 at 12:17 AM.
Old February 4th, 2019, 12:52 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Put Tina and I down as a yes for coming.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old February 4th, 2019, 09:49 AM

Right on @flameslayer93 ! Let me know if you would like to bring a map.

SCAPE OR DIE!
Old February 4th, 2019, 10:38 AM
I could go

Quote:
Originally Posted by outforblood View Post
Right on @flameslayer93 ! Let me know if you would like to bring a map.
We’s be more than happy to. We’ll figure something out closer to game day.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old February 6th, 2019, 12:31 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: DAYTON, OH. No Common Ground! tourney Sat. April 6th

I should be there April 6.

Hey would anyone go to CincyCon - Butler county Fairgrounds Mar 1-3? It is $20 for weekend in advance or one day at the door. I was thinking of setting up Heroscape there but would anyone else come Friday, Saturday or Sunday?

Last edited by lefton4ya; February 6th, 2019 at 03:04 PM.
Old February 6th, 2019, 07:19 PM

Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby!

Yo Dayton! You know I'm up for an all uniques throwdown.

Count me in!
Old February 7th, 2019, 05:23 AM

Right on @Tiamat !

Hey @lefton4ya , I might be down for the con. Maybe we can get a few of us to come down from Dayton. Will know soon.

SCAPE OR DIE!
Old February 9th, 2019, 05:50 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Thanks for tagging me, I'll keep it in mind.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 15th, 2019, 11:06 AM

Hey @Marduk would you be willing to supply a map? You had some pretty cool ones back in the day!

Btw, Shall I add you to the roster as "going"? Lol

SCAPE OR DIE!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events