Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old July 3rd, 2018, 08:59 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 9/30/17

chasm fiends not included
Old July 3rd, 2018, 08:45 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
@Dignan - as I've perused your maps thread (which is incredible by the way), I found myself having to know - Is your map "The Shattered Plains" based off of The Stormlight Archive?
Thanks for checking out the maps. To answer your question, "yes" the shattered plains is my take on the location of the same name from the Stormlight Archive. I took some liberties to break up the line of sight and add some visual diversity, but the idea started from those books.
That's awesome. I'm just finishing up Oathbringer right now. Thanks for appeasing my curiosity. I do like your version as it would be pretty boring without any line of sight blockers or anything. I'll have to build it one of these days. I might have enough terrain..... maybe....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
yeah, sad day.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old July 3rd, 2018, 10:52 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@Dignan - as I've perused your maps thread (which is incredible by the way), I found myself having to know - Is your map "The Shattered Plains" based off of The Stormlight Archive?
Thanks for checking out the maps. To answer your question, "yes" the shattered plains is my take on the location of the same name from the Stormlight Archive. I took some liberties to break up the line of sight and add some visual diversity, but the idea started from those books.
That's awesome. I'm just finishing up Oathbringer right now. Thanks for appeasing my curiosity. I do like your version as it would be pretty boring without any line of sight blockers or anything. I'll have to build it one of these days. I might have enough terrain..... maybe....

Quote:
yeah, sad day.
Not sure if you've already watched it or not...but one of my first video battles on my YouTube Channel was on this map. It is an incredibly fun map!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old July 4th, 2018, 12:28 AM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
yeah, sad day.
Not sure if you've already watched it or not...but one of my first video battles on my YouTube Channel was on this map. It is an incredibly fun map!
Ha ha I don't know that I want people to know how much time I've spent watching your battle videos, or how many times I've watched each one. Gotta get the heroscape fix somehow. pretty sure the shattered plains is up to be watched again sometime soon.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old July 17th, 2018, 06:31 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 11/9

Well met!

Quote:

Here's a fresh map I've had on the table for some time. I decided to make a fully asymmetrical map. The goal was to make natural looking map without simply mirroring components for balance. I tried to make things even, but not achieved in the same manner. In the end, we've had a lot of fun playing on this and it's been real nice to look at on the table.

Map: Grutsbane Pass
Date Uploaded: 11/9/24
Requires: 1 RotV, 1 BftU, 1 RttFF

Yet another great map! Loved the look of it at first glance, not realizing it was asymmetrical. Glad to see it plays well. Adopting it (replacing Glyphs with Shadow) for a New York City Gang of Four (chas hates it when I abbreviate to just Gang of Four or merely the Gang) September scenario - Visceral Enmity.

Old August 10th, 2018, 09:23 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Dignan my hero!

I've just brought some of my terrain to college with me in order to do playtesting for C3G and otherwise just play Heroscape. I brought 1 RoTV, 1 VW, and 1 RttFF, and realized I don't have any maps that use exactly those sets. You have saved me with Sear, Trailblazer, and Smolder. Awesome stuff.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old August 13th, 2018, 07:55 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Dignan my hero!

I've just brought some of my terrain to college with me in order to do playtesting for C3G and otherwise just play Heroscape. I brought 1 RoTV, 1 VW, and 1 RttFF, and realized I don't have any maps that use exactly those sets. You have saved me with Sear, Trailblazer, and Smolder. Awesome stuff.
Awesome, man. Glad I could be of some assistance and glad to hear your rocking some Heroscape at college. Enjoy the school year.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old September 30th, 2018, 12:57 PM

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 9/30/18

Update 9/30/18

It's been a year, so time to upload another map. I've got two on the table for NHSD, so I need to share them. Here's another Ice and Road map. Sorry for the repetition. The next one will be different I swear!

Map:
Fragment
Date Uploaded: 9/30/2018
Requires: 1 RotV, 1 TT, 1 RttFF
Normal snow, normal ice

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old September 30th, 2018, 04:29 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Update 9/30/18

It's been a year, so time to upload another map. I've got two on the table for NHSD, so I need to share them. Here's another Ice and Road map. Sorry for the repetition. The next one will be different I swear!

Map:
Fragment
Date Uploaded: 9/30/2018
Requires: 1 RotV, 1 TT, 1 RttFF
Normal snow, normal ice
Such a cool looking map Dignan! Love the idea of maps that are super long, but played horizontally.

I'm curious what the reasoning is for the plethora of glyphs. I've always thought that 3 or 4 glyphs was a bit much, so I was surprised to see that you have 6 glyphs. And even more than that, 2 really powerful ones (Thorian), 2 moderately powerful ones (Wound), and 2 random glyphs on the highest ground of the map.

Would love to hear more about your thought process in designing this map, as it looks really cool.
Old September 30th, 2018, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
I'm curious what the reasoning is for the plethora of glyphs. I've always thought that 3 or 4 glyphs was a bit much, so I was surprised to see that you have 6 glyphs. And even more than that, 2 really powerful ones (Thorian), 2 moderately powerful ones (Wound), and 2 random glyphs on the highest ground of the map.

Would love to hear more about your thought process in designing this map, as it looks really cool.
It is a little glyph crazy, but the set glyphs are so vunerable and close to both sides, that they are a big risk to go for. The Wound glyph gives life to an otherwise dead spot in the map. No one would drop in there without it. As it stands now, it gives the player the option to think about going down there, but you are likely going to get that unit killed due to how close both armies are to.

As for the Thorian Glyph, that's the easiest one to remove. I'm actually 50/50 on playing with it there or not. It gives melee a little protection from a rat screen and getting lit up from height on the first turn. It really can mess with the first batch of order markers to see a unit hop on that and then your ranged units are forced to move forward. In the end, it makes players play a little outside their comfort zone and mixes things up. It may not be perfectly balanced, but it gives you unique to consider.

And the two random glyphs on the end are needed to keep everyone spread out. Without those, people can ignore one end on setup and focus on the middle.

Ultimately, with the glyphs in the middle being so easy to knock someone off of, they play a little differently. Normally I would never play with this many glyphs, but this one seems to work ok with this. But of course, feel free to take some off if you feel it's too crazy.

Old September 30th, 2018, 05:23 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Nice¡ I like your other long horizontal maps.

When are you going to do another assymetrical one like Grutsbane Pass?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 30th, 2018, 05:31 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Excellent! Another map!

One of my favorites of yours is Trepidation, but it can lead to slower games. Fragment is in a similar style, but looks like it should lead to faster games. I love it!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios