Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Closed Thread

Old July 14th, 2006, 03:42 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
FREE GAMES: Clout Fantasy and others

Does anyone out there play Clout?

I just signed up to get a demo kit sent to me. I can't believe how generous the demo kit is....they are sending me the equivalent of four starter stacks! Plus materials to demo it for others, getting them hooked and giving me more folks to play against.

But the four starters...that's amazing. That's more than enough to play with for a while right there. I've never heard of a game maker sending the game to you for free, just for asking. They're even sending a play mat, which you can't even buy in stores.

Did I mention they are not charging me for this? This is really a great deal...the stuff would go for at least 30 bucks or more in a store.

Teamski, I may try to set up a little demo down at Days of Knights.

I recommend that anyone who wants to try this game write and politely ask for a demo kit.
Old July 14th, 2006, 05:39 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I bought the 4 starters and 8 boosters. There is a new race now I think, blue chips?

I liked it, the gf didn't.

More description later, maybe...
Old July 15th, 2006, 03:29 PM
has been BANNED

Dude, you should have just written them for the demo info! I'm getting the four starters for free.

We should really make sure that anyone who hears about these sort of deals makes it known to the others here. If any board members are interested in Clout, they should sign up for a free set. Likewise if folks know of similar offers for other games, they should post on these boards so we can all share the wealth.
Old July 15th, 2006, 10:13 PM

aardvark22 has disabled reputation
Do you have a link where we can sign up for the demo kit? Or did I miss it.
I'm broke and a free demo set is just the right price for me!
Aardvark
Old July 15th, 2006, 10:35 PM
ultradoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark22
Do you have a link where we can sign up for the demo kit? Or did I miss it.
I'm broke and a free demo set is just the right price for me!
Aardvark
same
Old July 16th, 2006, 05:55 PM
has been BANNED

Go to the following....browse around the forums and such to get all the info. The whole system is explained there, and the man who will send you the kits is the leader of the whole thing basically.

http://www.cloutus.com/forum/
Old July 16th, 2006, 10:41 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I demoed it at Gen Con last year. I thought it was alright.
Old July 17th, 2006, 01:54 PM
has been BANNED

I haven't played it yet, but I can't say no to getting over 30 dollars worth of boardgame free. It just seems insane to give away the product like that. I'm thinking they are either complete idiots or total geniuses, time will tell.
Old July 17th, 2006, 01:56 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
I haven't played it yet, but I can't say no to getting over 30 dollars worth of boardgame free. It just seems insane to give away the product like that. I'm thinking they are either complete idiots or total geniuses, time will tell.
It is pretty common in collectible games to give away product like that. If you and your friends like it and get into tournaments and such you will spend many times over that amount very quickly.
Old July 17th, 2006, 02:55 PM
has been BANNED

In some games I could see the need to spend more, but for Clout? Four starters is really all you need to play the game. It's expandable, but it's not needed from what everyone who plays it has been telling me.
Old July 18th, 2006, 05:20 PM

0rbital has disabled reputation
Doesn't look like they are just giving it away. You have to be on the demo team and affiliated with a store that carries the product to get a free kit and far as I could tell.

http://www.cloutfantasyusa.com/events/previewkit.html

They will send it to your distributor who will send it to you.
Old July 18th, 2006, 06:17 PM
has been BANNED

Well they are sending me one and I'm not affiliated with any stores, so it seems like if you actually just speak to the guy or communicate with him via e-mail he will hook you up.

And if you can't get that to work, joining the demo team is a no-commitment, free thing....as an option B of course.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games