Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old August 4th, 2008, 09:51 AM

ReverendBayes is surprisingly tart
Re: The best movie endings - spoilers ahoy!

Some great movie endings listed so far; let me add the following to the mix, in all seriousness:

My wife convinced me to watch Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants last night.

Great story about friendship, growing up, life lessons, etc. (I actually cried during the last Bailey scene)

The ending is great...her friends take her to her dad's wedding, and make her wear the jeans!

Uncertainty: Something you can always count on.
Old August 4th, 2008, 10:09 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverendBayes View Post
Some great movie endings listed so far; let me add the following to the mix, in all seriousness:

My wife convinced me to watch Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants last night.

Great story about friendship, growing up, life lessons, etc. (I actually cried during the last Bailey scene)

The ending is great...her friends take her to her dad's wedding, and make her wear the jeans!

NOW YOU RUINED IT FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!
Old August 5th, 2008, 02:41 PM

Temprit is surprisingly tart

I really like the Reservoir Dogs ending, where Harvey is sitting there with Tim Roth in his arms and Tim tells him he's the cop. The best part is they don't show the cops, you just hear them yelling. Harvey shoots him and you just see him drop off screen.

Another movie ending I enjoyed was Blade Runner, Rutger Hauer saves Harrison's life and then Shuts down, then Edward James Olmos is there with the Umbrella. I also like the ending of The Godfather, He lets Kay ask him one question about his work and he lies about the answer and then the two guys go in and the door shuts. I think Francis Ford Coppola and Mario Puzo really got across the message about organized crime.

The Movie The Thing (John Carpenter version) had a neat ending. Keith Davids' character had run off and gone missing towards the end hinting that he might have been assimilated and after Kurt Russel blew up the main Thing and the facility they sat and shared a drink out of a flask after being told that it could be passed by sharing drinks. They knew they were going to freeze to death anyway. The cool part is if Keith David was the Thing then the Thing had won and had froze, just the way it wanted it.

"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory."
Old August 17th, 2008, 12:37 AM

kboleen is surprisingly tart

I loved the ending to Stephen King's The Mist by Frand Durabont(sp?) Usually King's ambiguous or tragedy endings are made happy in the movies.

"Be of good courage..."
Old August 31st, 2008, 01:54 PM

LeChevalierdeBalibari Woo who?

My personal favorites are:
- Dr. Strangelove.
-Brazil (the director's cut ).
- Once Upon a Time in America.
- Citizen Kane
Old August 31st, 2008, 02:13 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I just saw The Dark Knight on Friday. I have to say that I am surprised at how much the ending affected me. Just a solid ending. There was a sense of finality to it. They could stop there, and it would work. At the same time I still want more, and that would work. It might seem minor, but it also really incorporated the movie title in a way that brought everything that happened back again. It really reinforces how much of a tragic hero Batman is.
Old September 7th, 2008, 02:26 PM
#2 CoNer & Master Storyteller

Neurosion wears ripped pants of awesomeness Neurosion wears ripped pants of awesomeness Neurosion wears ripped pants of awesomeness Neurosion wears ripped pants of awesomeness Neurosion wears ripped pants of awesomeness Neurosion wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm going to throw To Live and Die in LA into the pot... one second he's the star of the movie, the next second he's about as dead as dead gets.
Old September 7th, 2008, 03:36 PM

Lank281 knows what's in an order marker Lank281 knows what's in an order marker

I'm not going to spoil the film, but the ending of the first Saw film, blew my mind. I seen it as an ending that is absolutely impossible for anyone to predict.

I loved the ending to Vanilla Sky. I don't know if it was the background music, the happenings of the story, or both, but it somehow jump started my empathy for films and I always somehow have a tear well up in my eye, every time I see that ending.

SPOILER! (The next one... I'm SPOILING it!)
Lastly, I enjoyed the ending of Sweeney Todd. It was actually my favorite part out of the whole film. The ending was very bittersweet. Yeah, Barker and his wife were both dead, but the way he was holding her body while he bled out over her was somehow romantic.

EDIT: I guess the ending to Saw was nearly impossible to predict, rather than absolutely, thanks to Drumline3469.

Last edited by Lank281; September 7th, 2008 at 10:30 PM.
Old September 7th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lank281 View Post
I'm not going to spoil the film, but the ending of the first Saw film, blew my mind. I seen it as an ending that is absolutely impossible for anyone to predict.
First thing I said when the movie came on is
Spoiler Alert!

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old September 7th, 2008, 06:51 PM

Leonidus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Best movie ending ever ever is "The Dark Knight" . I thought i died and saw heaven, I mean WOW!
Old September 7th, 2008, 08:01 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumline3469 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lank281 View Post
First thing I said when the movie came on is
Spoiler Alert!
I feel sorry for the guy who betted against you then...
As for me, I haven't actually seen a lot of movies, and I don't remember all of the ones I've seen off the top of my head. In short, I'm not really sure.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old September 7th, 2008, 09:04 PM

LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumline3469 View Post
I loved the ending to American History X... I also like Shawshank Redemption.
I HATED the ending of American History X. It was so heavy-handedly intended to be when in reality it was just "Oh the humanity!" and all that crap - Oh please. Shawshank was a great ending- it remains the only film I liked better than the original book.

Fight Club
did have a great ending but I find that in a post-September 11 world it is much less entertaining. (even though I know the context of the movie claimed that nobody was killed). I have the same problem watching Independence Day.

I liked the ending of "The Matrix." I thought the part where he made the code bend around him was sweet. It also marked the last time in the franchise anything made any @#&#@ sense.

Other "good" endings...
Rocky- If he won it would have been too hokie. He went the distance- that's all that mattered.
Godfather- the juxtaposition of the baptism and mob hits was beautiful
Usual Suspects- needs no explanation

My favorite ending I think is Silence of the Lambs. "I'm having an old friend for dinner." Ha! Gives me goosebumps.

Last edited by LilMoochie : five minutes ago.
Reason: You think it's mindless drivel now? You should have seen it before.
LilMoochie's Maps, LilMoochie's trades

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies