Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old January 30th, 2021, 11:47 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Morgoloth

If Morgoloth starts the game on the Acoloytes card, do Demons in your army still get the move bonus?

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old February 1st, 2021, 02:23 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
If Morgoloth starts the game on the Acoloytes card, do Demons in your army still get the move bonus?
That's a darn good question. I don't think there's another case like this in the game yet. Are powers active if a unit is not on the battlefield? I'll discuss with the C3V Rules Team.
Old February 1st, 2021, 10:17 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
That's a darn good question. I don't think there's another case like this in the game yet. Are powers active if a unit is not on the battlefield? I'll discuss with the C3V Rules Team.
My gut would be yes? Powers like The Drop, Rejected by Death, and Phase Teleport Device are active even when their figures aren't on the battlefield, so I don't know why Morgoloth would be any different.
Old February 1st, 2021, 10:33 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Is Marcus dies, Romans lose their move bonus. I believe the general rule of thumb is that unless the power specifically makes reference to being active when the figure is on the battlefield, it isn’t active.

Edit: and I know this isn’t a perfect parallel, but that’s the closest I can think of.
Old February 1st, 2021, 10:57 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
Is Marcus dies, Romans lose their move bonus. I believe the general rule of thumb is that unless the power specifically makes reference to being active when the figure is on the battlefield, it isn’t active.

Edit: and I know this isn’t a perfect parallel, but that’s the closest I can think of.
Powers don't stick around if a unit dies, but being removed from the map isn't the same thing. The Drop, Cling, etc all work when the unit is off the map, but those powers can't be interpreted any other way. I can't think of another existing case like this.
Old February 1st, 2021, 11:03 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:

Powers don't stick around if a unit dies, but being removed from the map isn't the same thing. The Drop, Cling, etc all work when the unit is off the map, but those powers can't be interpreted any other way. I can't think of another existing case like this.
Agreed that there isn’t a comparable existing case. I think it’s distinct because those powers specifically reference being in play when the unit is off the board. I’m interested to see what the rules team decides (I can see it going either way, tbh).
Old February 1st, 2021, 11:21 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think Cal the Smuggler is a more relevant comparison than Marcus or the AE because he's designed to be off the map while still alive (and still be 'in play', of sorts).

Obviously Cal doesn't have a movement boost or anything like that, but say that he did boost move of all friendly figures by 1. Would that movement boost apply when he's fazed off the board? Would it go away until he fazes back? I have no idea, but I suspect the answer should be the same as it is with Morgoloth in this case. In any case, it's a relevant thing to keep in mind given that Cal introduced the notion of leaving the battlefield and then coming back, which could have odd effects if paired with any kind of stat boost or subtraction power.
Old February 6th, 2021, 09:00 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Speaking of acolytes, they need to be in Morgoloths synergies received.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 14th, 2021, 12:21 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Agreed that there isn’t a comparable existing case. I think it’s distinct because those powers specifically reference being in play when the unit is off the board. I’m interested to see what the rules team decides (I can see it going either way, tbh).
Was this ever decided on? I'm working on a custom that would give a d20 boost similar to Khosumet while also waiting to be placed on the battlefield.

EDIT: I think the answer is no. When Marcus dies he is no longer a figure you control. Similarly, per the BftU rulebook, "if a figure is...waiting to be placed onto the battlefield, it is not considered a figure you control, but is still a part of your Army."
Old August 14th, 2021, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Was this ever decided on? I'm working on a custom that would give a d20 boost similar to Khosumet while also waiting to be placed on the battlefield.

EDIT: I think the answer is no. When Marcus dies he is no longer a figure you control. Similarly, per the BftU rulebook, "if a figure is...waiting to be placed onto the battlefield, it is not considered a figure you control, but is still a part of your Army."
The Rules Team discussion on this stagnated. I'll poke it again.
Old August 30th, 2021, 02:27 PM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Goblin Slashers can be added to Swarming Vermin Synergies and Corvor the Tainted One to Demon Leadership.
Old February 28th, 2022, 11:48 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The Rules Team discussion on this stagnated. I'll poke it again.
Hey! Curious if there was any update on this. I think it will be very relevant for me this OHS season.

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs