Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old January 4th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Sports: NFL

Unreal. Impressive. Methinks both the Falcons and the Colts committed the sin of underestimating and looking past an opponent.

~Aldin, wondering what today shall bring

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old January 4th, 2009, 10:31 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I was NEVER on the Colt bandwagon. I thought they would win, and the Chargers certainly made enough mistakes to get blown out, but I was never in the Colt camp for this one... or ever for that matter.

-insert signature here-
Old January 4th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Chargers ended up having a more balanced attack, even without LT getting much time. Strole (sp?) was HUGE so to speak. One of the keys to the outcome was the Chargers' punter giving the Colts crappy field position on a couple occations.

I was disappointed at the Colts' loss, but at least they got farther than my Bears.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 4th, 2009, 01:12 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

What the game boiled down to is the Chargers created preassure on Payton Manning. When Stonehenge tries to run he becomes very average so to speak. They took away his ability to stay in the pocket and look what happaned. Not a prediction but an analysis of play.

I think LT is pretty much washed up. If you watch him run, most of the time he runs out of bounds instead of cutting back in for an extra three to five yards. Sproles did that and so did Bennette. I know LT was hurt bt when he was healthy he did this and my wife even noticed!
Old January 4th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Oddly enough, I had both the chargers and the cards as winners. I really wish I'd have put some money on those games.
As for today.....I love my Ravens, and I got to go philly even though I don't like them.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old January 4th, 2009, 03:03 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Though I really didn't care about the outcome of the game, I was totally jazzed to see Darren Sproles have a big game. As a Kansas State alumni I've been waiting for him to have his chance on the NFL stage.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old January 4th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Shackle View Post
First of all, a couple links:

NFL.COM
NFL POWER RANKINGS

I was kind of surprised to see no thread had ever been started on the NFL, or even football in general. So...

I like my Panthers chances this year. Jake Delhomme has had Tommy John surgery, which is more common in other sports, like pitchers in baseball. He was having a great year before he went down last season. He's recently spoken out, saying that his elbow has been bothering him for years, though us fans never knew. He says since this surgery, he's able to put more strength on his throws and is in no pain compared to what he used to go through everytime he'd release the ball. The receivers have all noticed the change as well, and have spoken accordingly.

We got back Muhsin Muhammad this year, which to any other team may not seem like much, but he was with us the year we made it to the Super Bowl. He's had a tremendous influence on our younger receivers, particularly helping them in the blocking game.

I'm a bit worried about giving up our first round pick next year in this year's draft. It seems we're putting everything into winning NOW. Here's hoping.

I'm an NFL fanatic and go through withdrawls every February-September. So, as I know there are other fans out there, I'll give my division picks:

NFC South
Panthers - Okay, I'm biased, but as I described above, I have many reasons to be hopeful about this season.

NFC East
Eagles - The Cowboys or Giants are the easy picks here, but I can't see the Cowboys having another year like last year, and expect T.O. to only keep the peace for so much longer. The Giants are a fickle team. They'll do well, but a healthy McNabb and Asante Samuel on D gives me confidence in this pick.

NFC North
Vikings - Bears are a mess. Packers lost Favre. Lions are the Lions. Well, there's only one left!

NFC West
Seahawks - I still hate this team since the Panthers got slaughtered a few years ago in the Conference Championship, but Hasselback is a winner. Plain and simple. Plus, there's not much competition.

AFC South
Colts - I'll pick them every year till Manning retires.

AFC East
Patriots - My hate for the Seahawks is nothing compared to this. And when a team wins as much as the Pats have, a lot of toes get stepped on. I'm not the only person with a distaste for them and their cheating ways. Man, was that a great Super Bowl. Their division, however, is garbage.

AFC North
Browns - It's finally their time. They'll be neck and neck with the Steelers the whole way, but I'd take Cleveland.

AFC West
Chiefs - Kind of a yucky division these days, but with the draft they had, I'll take a chance on Big Red.
I rofled when I read this again.
Old January 4th, 2009, 04:08 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Predicting all the divisions is just like anybody alse who tries. Every one has just a good a chance. I thought the Chiefs looked scary with the draft they had too. I also thought when Herm left the Jets for the Chiefs the Chargers were gonners. The Browns were supposed to be good. I do not see anything wrong with what he predicted though I disagree with some of his picks. I would like to see a heroscapers weekly pick versus Peter King and see tthe overall outcome. I bet the results would be pretty close.
Old January 4th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm pretty dissapointed with how the Dolphins played, their QB had way too many interceptions and foul ups.
Old January 4th, 2009, 05:52 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well, Wytefang, I'm 0-3 so far, so I guess that could spell victory for your Vikes.
Old January 4th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Chilly Fangirl

Quote:
Well, Wytefang, I'm 0-3 so far, so I guess that could spell victory for your Vikes.
I think, really, the only way the Vikes could win, is if the Eagles make the same mistake as the Colts and Falcons and underestimate the Vikings. After the whupping the Eagles gave Dallas a week ago, I'm pretty confident that they'll pull this one through.
Old January 4th, 2009, 06:36 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
Quote:
NFC South
Panthers - Okay, I'm biased, but as I described above, I have many reasons to be hopeful about this season.

NFC East
Eagles - The Cowboys or Giants are the easy picks here, but I can't see the Cowboys having another year like last year, and expect T.O. to only keep the peace for so much longer. The Giants are a fickle team. They'll do well, but a healthy McNabb and Asante Samuel on D gives me confidence in this pick.

NFC North
Vikings - Bears are a mess. Packers lost Favre. Lions are the Lions. Well, there's only one left!

NFC West
Seahawks - I still hate this team since the Panthers got slaughtered a few years ago in the Conference Championship, but Hasselback is a winner. Plain and simple. Plus, there's not much competition.

AFC South
Colts - I'll pick them every year till Manning retires.

AFC East
Patriots - My hate for the Seahawks is nothing compared to this. And when a team wins as much as the Pats have, a lot of toes get stepped on. I'm not the only person with a distaste for them and their cheating ways. Man, was that a great Super Bowl. Their division, however, is garbage.

AFC North
Browns - It's finally their time. They'll be neck and neck with the Steelers the whole way, but I'd take Cleveland.

AFC West
Chiefs - Kind of a yucky division these days, but with the draft they had, I'll take a chance on Big Red.
I rofled when I read this again.
I'm actually pretty amazed at how good those picks are. The NFC South and North are picked correctly. The Eagles are picked for the East and they could be playing the best ball of all the NFC teams this time of year (since they finally got healthy). He picked the NFC West wrong, but who cares, there are no real contenders in that division (the Cards won't be winning another game).

On the AFC side, his pick in the East is completely voided due to the injury of Brady. His South pick is solid as the Colts still made the playoffs and the Titans came out of nowhere with Collins. The North and West picks are bad, but the north is at least somewhat excusable. The Browns somehow managed to drop off the face of the Earth after a great season last year. Picking the Chiefs is just awful though....

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV