Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old June 2nd, 2021, 05:48 PM

Solstar Woo who?
are there some ready to use templates for random characters?

i explain Better: i want to make a sort of custom game where i pick up random characters from various media, games movies etc. So i cannot create stats and Powers on the fly, i Need some pre-made templates complete with health, attacks and at least two

Special Powers, that can be applied on random characters based on their "importance": a regular, uncommon char would have Say, 3 health, 3 dice Attack 2 Powers et, While uncommon, bosses, gigantic characters Will have more health more dice etc. Could you suggest me which stats would work that could be fitted for random characters?
Old June 3rd, 2021, 04:48 AM

Solstar Woo who?
Re: are there some ready to use templates for random charact

Anyone?
Old June 3rd, 2021, 06:13 AM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Man, you're asking for a software or game that creates character cards for you after you type in a name? The software is supposed to detect based on the name of whatever fictional or real character or person you enter how "important they are" and apply stats and powers accordingly? Not only does that not exist, I am pretty sure it can't exist. I think the closest thing to that is the DS game Scribblenauts which didn't detect anything, it just had preprogrammed answers. I think if you want to create something similar you need to make character cards for whatever characters you planned to use this software for, then find a way to draw from this deck at random. Cards with randomized powers and stats would be completely unbalanced anyways. Hope you find whatever it is you are looking for.

Also, asking "Anyone?" less than 12 hours later is insane. This forum if for a game that was discontinued in 2010. We are an active community all things considered but have some patience. You are also more likely to get responses if you use proper grammar, punctuation, and capitalization. It just shows respect for the other members of the forum.
Old June 3rd, 2021, 06:41 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

There's nothing that exists that I know of that fits exactly what you're looking for. The closest is Heroes of Fiction. They have a long history of designing figures from a variety of IPs. Other projects have made figures for Star Wars, Super Heroes, Pokémon customs, etc. Individual designers have made similar contributions. In short, there's no shortage of high-quality customs on this site. If you can't find what you're looking for, making your own is a great option.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac2200 View Post
Also, asking "Anyone?" less than 12 hours later is insane. This forum if for a game that was discontinued in 2010. We are an active community all things considered but have some patience. You are also more likely to get responses if you use proper grammar, punctuation, and capitalization. It just shows respect for the other members of the forum.
Agreed.
Old June 3rd, 2021, 06:53 AM

Solstar Woo who?

Quote:
Man, you're asking for a software or game that creates character cards for you after you type in a name? The software is supposed to detect based on the name of whatever fictional or real character or person you enter how "important they are" and apply stats and powers accordingly? Not only does that not exist, I am pretty sure it can't exist. I think the closest thing to that is the DS game Scribblenauts which didn't detect anything, it just had preprogrammed answers. I think if you want to create something similar you need to make character cards for whatever characters you planned to use this software for, then find a way to draw from this deck at random. Cards with randomized powers and stats would be completely unbalanced anyways. Hope you find whatever it is you are looking for.

do you mind telling me where i said i need a software or a program that does that? all i asked for was if you already have some template made, with, say john smith, health 4 attack 3 defense 3,period,. that i can just copy and paste with random characters chosen by me and my friend, and not a "The software is supposed to detect based on the name of whatever fictional or real character or person you enter how "important they are" rotfl

"You are also more likely to get responses if you use proper grammar, punctuation, and capitalization. It just shows respect for the other members of the forum."

oh right forgot the grammar nazi part of the community, now i remind why i was way from it for so long actually
Old June 3rd, 2021, 06:55 AM

Solstar Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by infectedsloth View Post
There's nothing that exists that I know of that fits exactly what you're looking for. The closest is Heroes of Fiction. They have a long history of designing figures from a variety of IPs. Other projects have made figures for Star Wars, Super Heroes, Pokémon customs, etc. Individual designers have made similar contributions. In short, there's no shortage of high-quality customs on this site. If you can't find what you're looking for, making your own is a great option.

Edit:
Quote:
Agreed.

Again, never asked for something that creates random stats for me, all I wanted was 4/5 templates ALREADY MADE; NOT BY A COMPUTER, that had some basic stats that could be suitable for basic, random characters, that is all. but being how i am being treated by your suprematist, racist way, i am not going to ask anythyng more, worry not

Last edited by Solstar; June 3rd, 2021 at 07:23 AM.
Old June 3rd, 2021, 07:11 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solstar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by infectedsloth View Post

Edit:
Quote:
Agreed.

Again, never asked for somethign creates random stats for me, all iwanted was 4/5 templates ALREADY MADE; NOT BY A COMPUTER, that had some basic stats that could be suitable for basica, random characters, that is all. but being how i am being treated by your suprematist, racist way, i am not going to ask anythung more, worry not
I hope you find what your looking for. Have a nice day.
Old June 3rd, 2021, 08:43 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

There is nothing official but here are some rules for humans as I understand them:

Unaided move - 5
Unaided defense 2, 3 if they are specifically trained, 4 with armor or really well trained like ninja.
Range 1 duh.
Thrown weapon 4 to 5
Pistol 5 to 6
Rifle 6 to 7
Sniper rifle 8 to 10

Melee Attack 2, 3 for hero, more depending on weapon.
Range attack 1 to 3

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old June 3rd, 2021, 01:03 PM

Solstar Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
There is nothing official but here are some rules for humans as I understand them:

Unaided move - 5
Unaided defense 2, 3 if they are specifically trained, 4 with armor or really well trained like ninja.
Range 1 duh.
Thrown weapon 4 to 5
Pistol 5 to 6
Rifle 6 to 7
Sniper rifle 8 to 10

Range attack 1 to 3
thanks, highly appreciated, for everything, especially politeness ☺️☺️ i Will try and test them
Old June 3rd, 2021, 02:11 PM

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solstar View Post
Quote:

Unaided move - 5
Range 1 duh.
Thrown weapon 4 to 5
Pistol 5 to 6
Rifle 6 to 7
Sniper rifle 8 to 10

Range attack 1 to 3
thanks, highly appreciated, for everything, especially politeness ☺️☺️ i Will try and test them
My other suggestion is crib off historical human figures. The 10th and 4th base stats reveal what an average solider can do. Valiant defence bonus on the 4th reveals trading or command can boost defense by 1. The 10 show improvements due to weapons (bayonet vs regular rifle).

Romans and scared band are good bases too representing formation. I really like Marcus as a template for a hero again revealing how a leader can boost move and attack.

I would look at the ninja and samurai cards as elite humans. The monks from classic and the C3V forum are also good for templates.

Finally the classic and C3V cowboys are great templates. For example you could take shotgun Sullivan add a +2 attack for melee (chainsaw arm) +1 defense against undead (choose on) and you have ash from army of darkness.

Old June 3rd, 2021, 02:16 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:

Unaided move - 5
Range 1 duh.
Thrown weapon 4 to 5
Pistol 5 to 6
Rifle 6 to 7
Sniper rifle 8 to 10

Range attack 1 to 3
Guilty would like a word with you

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old June 3rd, 2021, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Quote:

Unaided move - 5
Range 1 duh.
Thrown weapon 4 to 5
Pistol 5 to 6
Rifle 6 to 7
Sniper rifle 8 to 10

Range attack 1 to 3
Guilty would like a word with you
Eniar enhanced revolvers

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion