Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old March 19th, 2022, 10:44 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Solo/Coop Mechanics Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
For sure. I'm 100% down with that, I just need help? Like if an experienced game player like yourself wanted to take a shot at editing my draft above, I'd welcome it. Figuring out what needs to be kept and what doesn't for the sake of clarity can be tough sometimes.
I’ll give it a shot. I’m no English major, so I’ll see what I can do.
Old March 20th, 2022, 10:19 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I just need help with the mechanics and what to include or not. I can clean up any sentences easily enough. (I *was* an English major!).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 20th, 2022, 10:53 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
I just need help with the mechanics and what to include or not. I can clean up any sentences easily enough. (I *was* an English major!).
Ok cool. I’ll just keep updating this post, similar to my original thoughts post.

I’d start with the archetype reference cards. That way each player will only have to print one of each. Using tokens to represent each archetype is simpler and means that you can change it up if you want to from game to game. Then if you want to make specific ones for big event hero’s they can be easy one offs to take care of. I would include the archetype specific deployment info on the reference cards as well.
Edit: I would also add to the reference cards that the characters should use any/all available abilities that they have on their army card. I’d also include that the characters take the shortest, safest route here as well when moving.
I’d say the next thing to focus on is a clear cut, non complex way to direct each archetype of villain. Start with the basics, then move forward. A standard Heroscape character has a set number of steps that it can do. Specifying them to be able to be done in a straightforward way will be the easiest to grasp and the most enjoyable.

Here’s an example of a generic archetype, going through basic motions:
-Villain resolves any before moving abilities if possible
-villain moves if possible
-villain resolves any after moving and before attacking abilities if possible
-villain attacks if possible

Using these basics you can keep it simple and to the point. The only difference is that you insert specifics into each step you want a derivative for each archetype. I would eliminate any variables that require a bunch of extra dice rolling to decide what each character will do every turn.

I understand what you mean by threat range but wonder if it would be easier to convey with the mechanics on the army card by simply using the move, attack, and range words in the description. With the above as a guideline here’s a quick reference for the

aggressive archetype

-perform pre movement abilities
-move towards closest enemy figure if unable to attack
-perform post movement abilities
-perform attack, if multiple targets choose unit with more unrevealed order markers on its army card, if multiple units with the same amount of unrevealed order markers, attack figure with the smallest remaining health, then defense

That’s the jist. I’ll add more thoughts later. Let me know if any of this works so far.

Also. The objective is always to just kill the enemy units, unless their is an alternate objective, which I would suppose you would convey in the scenario at hand. So that isn’t something needed per card. You could also add it in to the movement line.

Having easy to follow steps for the AI is what makes games like zombicide so popular. It’s also why younger players aka kids are able to follow along and play.

Last edited by TREX; March 20th, 2022 at 11:47 PM.
Old March 21st, 2022, 03:28 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I guess I'd have to see more fully written up examples of what you mean, because when I read that, I think things like:

"Of course a figure should use a before moving power if it can, but how does it choose which figure to target or what to do if it's something like moving that figure, etc.?"

"A villain figure probably shouldn't move unless it has purpose to. And if it does, what decides that purpose and what directs its movement so it moves intelligently?"

etc.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 21st, 2022, 03:30 PM

Zombicide is also a much simpler game than Heroscape. It has 2D terrain, doesn't care about LOS, doesn't have glyphs or Order Markers, doesn't have initiative, and the bad guys have like one special power at most, that's not a translation of a player controlled unit, but is a specific AI card for that figure or group of figures.

Old March 21st, 2022, 04:08 PM

I did run the basic rules with Cursed Earth T-Rexes (x3) on Conflict Chernobyl versus Batman (200) and Robin (Damian) for 240 points versus 240 points and it felt balanced. Batman and Robin had decent dice luck and took it fairly handily, but the activations all made a lot of sense.

In practice, a lot of the text is there for corner cases and can be skipped during most activations. For instance, if you have a map without glyphs, those criteria never need to be considered.

Old March 23rd, 2022, 05:36 PM

I'm continuing to tinker with and tweak the movement rules to help them read more cleanly and be a tad bit more streamlined while still allowing the figures to act with a fair bit of "intelligence."

What's nice, I think is that if the move rules really get "right" then attack rules become fairly simple at that point.

I've also refined some overall stuff with the rules layout. I like everything I have up to Unit Activation as-is with my current draft, so I'm going to post that here for now.

Old March 23rd, 2022, 05:36 PM

C3G RULES FOR SOLO AND COOPERATIVE PLAY

Spoiler Alert!

Old March 23rd, 2022, 05:39 PM

I also have some samples of what an Event Villain card might look like with this revision and what a Villain Team Card might look like (I need to mock up some Unique Villains and Villain Squads to go with it).

GODZILLA EVENT VILLAIN
Spoiler Alert!

HYDRA VILLAIN TEAM CARD SAMPLE
Spoiler Alert!

Old March 23rd, 2022, 09:28 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Are HYDRA figures in the second power HYDRA Agents or every figure in the army?
Old March 24th, 2022, 12:20 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
I guess I'd have to see more fully written up examples of what you mean, because when I read that, I think things like:

"Of course a figure should use a before moving power if it can, but how does it choose which figure to target or what to do if it's something like moving that figure, etc.?"

"A villain figure probably shouldn't move unless it has purpose to. And if it does, what decides that purpose and what directs its movement so it moves intelligently?"

etc.
When I put it in the terms I put it in, it wasn't a matter of explaining it to a person that already understands the process. The purpose of a ruleset or guide is so people unfamiliar with the process can understand, then be able to play. That is why it may be a more simplified approach. I guess if the audience for this is for seasoned players only then you could go about it in a more forward way, assuming the people reading know most of the things. I could follow what you are saying in your original text, so your version should work just fine for people that play or have played heroscape often. I don't know your exact vision for this project, so I'll just see how it goes to see if I can better understand what you're after before adding any other Input I have.

Edit: My thought and outlines were not strictly based on zombicide, though, zombicide does have more to it than you credited it above. There is a LOS aspect to it, and there are multiple things determining where the zombies will go. The initiative is also there, albeit just between the players, the zombies always go second. It is more simple than heroscape, but what makes it playable to a larger crowd is that the rules are straightforward and easy to follow. Heroscape solo/coop does not have to be that simple but still be straightforward and easy to follow. It really depends on the audience this is directed towards.
Old March 24th, 2022, 06:33 AM

I mean, I definitely want it to be as straightforward and easy to follow as it can be. I just also don't want the AI to lack intelligence to the extent where it's extremely easy to manipulate and defeat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Are HYDRA figures in the second power HYDRA Agents or every figure in the army?
The intent was every figure in the army. It was a pretty rough sketch, so I could probably word some thing (including that) more clearly. Ultimately I'll need to see if anyone in art is willing to help me figure out the template for these.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy