Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape
C3G SuperScape A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old August 16th, 2015, 06:43 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: The C3G Cave - Hangout

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Ronda Rousey as Captain Marvel?
She's got the physical presence of Captain Marvel, sure, but can she act? Given that she will have to carry her own film, as well as work inside of the larger Avengers group, she'll need more than the looks.
She can fight too..."for reals"

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 16th, 2015, 06:48 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
She's got the physical presence of Captain Marvel, sure, but can she act? Given that she will have to carry her own film, as well as work inside of the larger Avengers group, she'll need more than the looks.
Marvel does have a history of using no-name actors in their movies, Robert Downey Jr wasn't exactly top tier before Iron Man 1 (I actually don't know of a single other movie he made prior) and now he's one of the most famous actors of the decade, so just because she has no fantastic credentials, doesn't mean that they are total trash. And oftentimes, good actors can deliver horrible performances when not well motivated, and lesser known actors can deliver incredible performances if they are really invested in the project, and it would be cool to have a person with the right presence for Captain Marvel, who is also very excited about performing the character. Sounds like a good option to me.
Old August 16th, 2015, 07:42 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Robert Downey Jr actually was top tier before he made some extremely bad choices with drugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old August 16th, 2015, 08:14 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

I wasn't attacking her acting abilities (I've never seen her in anything so I have no clue if she's any good or not). I was asking a genuine question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Robert Downey Jr actually was top tier before he made some extremely bad choices with drugs.
Guy was huge until his substance abuse got the best of him in the mid-90s. Even by the time Iron Man rolled around though, he was in the middle of his comeback.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Marvel does have a history of using no-name actors in their movies[...]
Ed Norton, Tim Roth, William Hurt, RDJ, Jeff Bridges, Samuel L Jackson, Chris Evans, Hugo Weaving, Scarlett Johansson, Robert Redford, Zoe Saldana, Bradley Cooper, Paul Rudd, and Benedict Cumberbatch would all beg to differ. Even Chris Pratt had Moneyball, Zero Dark Thirty, and 5 seasons of Parks and Rec under his belt. The only real "unknown" asked to headline a film so far is Chris Hemsworth and let's face it, he's the weakest of the main Avengers cast.

I'm totally open to the idea of a no-name actor being cast for a role like Ms Marvel, as long as they have the acting chops to carry a solo film.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old August 16th, 2015, 08:39 PM

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I wasn't attacking her acting abilities (I've never seen her in anything so I have no clue if she's any good or not). I was asking a genuine question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Guy was huge until his substance abuse got the best of him in the mid-90s. Even by the time Iron Man rolled around though, he was in the middle of his comeback.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Marvel does have a history of using no-name actors in their movies[...]
Ed Norton, Tim Roth, William Hurt, RDJ, Jeff Bridges, Samuel L Jackson, Chris Evans, Hugo Weaving, Scarlett Johansson, Robert Redford, Zoe Saldana, Bradley Cooper, Paul Rudd, and Benedict Cumberbatch would all beg to differ. Even Chris Pratt had Moneyball, Zero Dark Thirty, and 5 seasons of Parks and Rec under his belt. The only real "unknown" asked to headline a film so far is Chris Hemsworth and let's face it, he's the weakest of the main Avengers cast.

I'm totally open to the idea of a no-name actor being cast for a role like Ms Marvel, as long as they have the acting chops to carry a solo film.
It's not that I'm not concerned, but I have seen tomes when quality directing and high enthusiasm can be more important than just having a big name actor on your cast, and Marvel has a history of quality control, so if they do decide on her, I would have faith that they believe she can carry the role, so we'll have to see on what they decide.
Old August 16th, 2015, 09:27 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I think the core question of "freedom vs. safety" is an interesting one, but neither the original comic nor the upcoming movie seem to be interested in exploring it in any capacity beyond "one side is good and one side is bad."

I mean, it's essentially the same question as Winter Soldier, and they resolved the moral question there by revealing "the other guys were secretly Nazis the whole time!"
Probably tough to go too deep into it. This goes on in everyday life all the time. Be it religion, politics, civil rights, animal rights etc. One side thinks they are doing what's right and acceptable, while those on the other side think the same thing. Often it ends up being treated as "one side is good and one side is bad."

As far as the movie and comics go, I suppose they just let the audience and readers decide what side they are on.
Yes but in the real world the good side and the bad are depending on which side you are on...technically if it were possible to find a completely unbiased neutral party from their prospective there wouldn't be a good guy or a bad guy a lot of times...now of course there are exceptions...

To me the best "bad guys" are characters that you can sympathize with in some way and think if not for that one turn he might have turned out different.

I mean Grendel's mom is a villain even though technically she was just avenging her sons death...

Harvey Dent's degradation to Two-Face is great.

Batman is also a law breaker and technically a bad guy from another viewpoint.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 16th, 2015, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I think the core question of "freedom vs. safety" is an interesting one, but neither the original comic nor the upcoming movie seem to be interested in exploring it in any capacity beyond "one side is good and one side is bad."

I mean, it's essentially the same question as Winter Soldier, and they resolved the moral question there by revealing "the other guys were secretly Nazis the whole time!"
Probably tough to go too deep into it. This goes on in everyday life all the time. Be it religion, politics, civil rights, animal rights etc. One side thinks they are doing what's right and acceptable, while those on the other side think the same thing. Often it ends up being treated as "one side is good and one side is bad."

As far as the movie and comics go, I suppose they just let the audience and readers decide what side they are on.
Yes but in the real world the good side and the bad are depending on which side you are on...technically if it were possible to find a completely unbiased neutral party from their prospective there wouldn't be a good guy or a bad guy a lot of times...now of course there are exceptions...

To me the best "bad guys" are characters that you can sympathize with in some way and think if not for that one turn he might have turned out different.

I mean Grendel's mom is a villain even though technically she was just avenging her sons death...

Harvey Dent's degradation to Two-Face is great.

Batman is also a law breaker and technically a bad guy from another viewpoint.
Its hard to really depict two sides of an argument evenly, especially in such a condensed fashion as a comic or movie. The OG comic did have some nice back and forth between Cap and Tony, but ultimately, Tony is the bad guy and Cap is the good guy, which is why (spoiler) he surrenders in the end in order to stop the fighting, giving up what he believes in for the greater good of the community. Iron Man is shown primarily regretful of his actions and the lengths to which he has to go to defeat Cap, where Cap is all out devoted to his cause, which made it a lot less black and white than I think they were trying to go for. I doubt the movie will do any better, although I might be wrong.
Old August 16th, 2015, 10:32 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

I think Captain America and Iron Man were both right, and both wrong. I agree that superhuman registration is a good idea, but it should be optional, similar to military service.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old August 17th, 2015, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
I think Captain America and Iron Man were both right, and both wrong. I agree that superhuman registration is a good idea, but it should be optional, similar to military service.
Its not that both arguments were not valid, its that, when reading the comic, Captain America is portrayed as the hero, and Iron Man is portrayed as a villain, simply in the way the story is told. Iron Man is still a relatable, reasonable villain, who thinks what he does is right, but he is the villain nonetheless.

In other news

Still pretty pumped, I'm pleasantly surprised that they did not use the D23 expo to reveal tons of details about the movie, and I'm glad they are trying to keep the whole project secretive, it makes me very hopeful for the final product. Its always nice to go see a good movie with no expectations about the story, that goes double for star wars.
Old August 17th, 2015, 11:14 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

As a Knights of the Old Republic fan, I do like how Revan-y our new Star Wars villain looks.
Old August 17th, 2015, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
As a Knights of the Old Republic fan, I do like how Revan-y our new Star Wars villain looks.
Can't agree more, Kotor was the first video game I ever played, and still one of my favorite rpgs of all time (2nd one is better though)
Old August 17th, 2015, 12:22 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Yeah, it's really a shame that Obsidian didn't get to finish KotOR 2. If the endgame wasn't in tatters, there wouldn't even be an argument for the first one being better.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape