Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old April 25th, 2015, 11:16 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Malekith (Public Playtest Phase)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
I'm curious about the second game, with as long as it took Sinister to get going, I would think Darkseid would have whupped them. Given that he could use his SA on Invisible Woman early, and then go after the others.

Solid tests. Big fan of Mr. Sinister, eh?
I'm a fan indeed, playtested him way back when, and have been looking forward to his release. I'm fascinated by the possible stat changes, such as the one I tried to pull off with Merlyn(6-8 attack where each skull is counted as 2...hello!).

As for the Darkseid suggestion, he was locked down by Blob, and she didn't think to target Invisible Woman(the player playing this team in this case wasn't as experienced). I had 2 friends over, who usually play every Sunday, but 1 of them has only 10 or so games under her belt. So the 3 of us alternated in who was playing. The first 2 had the least experienced player playing, first one against Malekith(Gutudak, a member here), 2nd one using Malekith against me. 3rd and 4th ones were me using Malekith against Gutudak. I wanted a variety of play from a variety of experience levels. I'd also throw in suggestions when I wasn't in play.
Old April 25th, 2015, 03:18 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Sock View Post
As for the Darkseid suggestion, he was locked down by Blob, and she didn't think to target Invisible Woman(the player playing this team in this case wasn't as experienced). I had 2 friends over, who usually play every Sunday, but 1 of them has only 10 or so games under her belt. So the 3 of us alternated in who was playing. The first 2 had the least experienced player playing, first one against Malekith(Gutudak, a member here), 2nd one using Malekith against me. 3rd and 4th ones were me using Malekith against Gutudak. I wanted a variety of play from a variety of experience levels. I'd also throw in suggestions when I wasn't in play.
Gotcha. Always nice to see more community input.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old April 26th, 2015, 11:40 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I cannot express enough how cool I think that is A_S.
It is great that you have friends that will help you playtest and that you are taking advantage of it in a clever way to get different points of view.
Bully, bully!

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old April 26th, 2015, 11:42 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I cannot express enough how cool I think that is A_S.
It is great that you have friends that will help you playtest and that you are taking advantage of it in a clever way to get different points of view.
Bully, bully!
It'd be nice if I had someone other than just myself on occasion.
Old April 28th, 2015, 10:56 AM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So quick question on this guy. For the dark farie deception, if he switches with, say, Vision, who can't be targeted by a nonadjacent attack, and he is still in range of the attacker, can the attacker still attack him?
Old April 28th, 2015, 10:58 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
So quick question on this guy. For the dark farie deception, if he switches with, say, Vision, who can't be targeted by a nonadjacent attack, and he is still in range of the attacker, can the attacker still attack him?
I would say no. It says the attacking figure must now target and attack the switched figure, if possible. If it's not possible to target that figure, my interpretation would be that the attacking figure is now free to target whomever they wish.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old April 28th, 2015, 11:22 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Who is him in the last part, Malekith or Vision?
Old April 28th, 2015, 11:27 AM

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Quote:
I would say no. It says the attacking figure must now target and attack the switched figure, if possible. If it's not possible to target that figure, my interpretation would be that the attacking figure is now free to target whomever they wish.
Ok thanks, I'm probably going to get a few games in today if I can.
Old April 28th, 2015, 11:56 AM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Dark Faerie Deception only works when Malekith is taking a turn. Before taking a turn, you choose an opponent, and as long as Malekith has an unrevealed Order Marker, he is considered friendly to that opponent. So it shouldn't come into play when Malekith is switching with IA.
Old May 4th, 2015, 11:55 AM

Anybody want a playtest?

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Malekith

Army Test
Map: Mountain Spring
Units: The Hood, Doc Ock, Rhino, Parasite, Mysterio, Wizard (vs) Doctor Strange, Malekith, Silver Banshee, Brother Voodoo
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Mountain Spring
Units: Armies – The Wrecking Crew [800] (vs) Loki, Malekith, Swordsman (800)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: He's very swingy, he can be absolutely devastating if you have the right units with him, and he can be god awful in a bad matchup. In the first game, he did not feel on par with any of the other Magic defense team members, maybe around Raven's cost. But in the second game, with that extra X OM, he was able to essentially make it impossible for anyone to attack his team. I'd say he has a balance problem with Loki, and against the right team he can be easily worth more points.I could probably see him going for 230 or 235.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: This guy is really tough to pin down for points, he can change so much depending on who's with him and who he's going against. The main reason he lost the first game was because of the high volume of little attacks, because of his low life and defense, he could take damage from those attacks, but he could only block one at a time, and Hood and Wizard could dish out as many as 4 per turn, however, high damage units can be a massive boon for him because he can get them to kill each other instead of his teammates. I'd definitely suggest changing the power to once per round(Malekith+Loki was really overpowered), and maybe upping is life by one(keeps him alive longer against weaker units). Right now, he's just too match-dependent IMO.

Cool Design though, it really feels thematic, hard to pin down and annoying to kill.
Old May 4th, 2015, 04:09 PM

Thanks for the playtests.

I like the Loki synergy, but perhaps you are right in that it should be a once per round limit. As I've said though, and you are re-assuring, he has a massive Achilles heel in the form of: Multi-Attackers, Auto-Wounders, Figures with long range, and other Magical Defense users. Those aren't exactly niche either. So it's just tough to pin down a value with all of that in mind.
Old May 4th, 2015, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Sock View Post
Thanks for the playtests.

I like the Loki synergy, but perhaps you are right in that it should be a once per round limit. As I've said though, and you are re-assuring, he has a massive Achilles heel in the form of: Multi-Attackers, Auto-Wounders, Figures with long range, and other Magical Defense users. Those aren't exactly niche either. So it's just tough to pin down a value with all of that in mind.
I agree, and he's still a good team-up with Loki, but a once per round power would keep him from shutting down high attack units completely when paired with Loki. And an extra life would help him not get absolutly crushed by anyone with over 1 attack per turn (which is quite a few once synergy gets involved). Plus, I think theme-wise, it makes sense that an otherworldly villain who has gone toe to toe with Thor has more life than Batroc the Leaper.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library