Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old January 2nd, 2014, 11:06 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: X-Wing

We had a blast playing this game during the New Year. For everyone,except for myself, it was their first time playing. Pure fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
I've been interested in the game, as I enjoy all things Star Wars...but the game is just so darned expensive!
Not sure if I should say this or not ... as I kind of feel bad for not supporting a great game and great gaming company (I dump sizable sums of money on FFG).

A year ago, I played a demo of this game at a local gaming store and really enjoyed it...it was excellent.

Months went by ... I kept eyeing that core set at Target. I was tempted but I wasn't ready for the monetary commitment. Members of my gaming group kept talking about how much they wanted to try the game but they thought it was too expensive. Then I'd eye the minis on sites like Coolstuff and tempt myself further...then I'd start adding up all the costs and deflected my temptation.

After months of tantalizing myself, I finally caved. However, I didn't buy the game; I built all the pieces myself using Photoshop (some cool dudes have shared their templates; this saved me a lot of time as I was planning on making the templates myself), Canvas boards, Heroclix pieces, cutting tools, and foamcore boards. It's a little rough around the edges but overall it turned out really well and my group went bonkers in disbelief and excitement:

Spoiler Alert!

Still not entirely done. I have 2 1/2 more waves of ships in order to catch up to the FFG releases before Wave 4 . It's been a fun project ... although it is a bit of work.

Last edited by Hellfire; January 2nd, 2014 at 11:54 PM.
Old January 4th, 2014, 11:30 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

That looks very cool HF! Do you have a link to the templates?
Old January 4th, 2014, 01:11 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
I was going to ... but the links appear to be dead. You can still check here and see what you can find. And you can also PM me your email and I'll send you what I've got.
Old January 4th, 2014, 01:18 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
Quote:
I was going to ... but the links appear to be dead. You can still check here and see what you can find. And you can also PM me your email and I'll send you what I've got.
Just to chime in here, I saw that website. The only thing I saw was a french website. So good luck in your search.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old January 4th, 2014, 02:16 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Wow Hellfire, those are fantastic. I've created a couple Lego proxies myself, and I've been working on finding/creating the cards so I could print them out. I imagine I'll buy one more Core for the pieces, then I'll have 5 TIE Fighters & 3 X-Wings to use.

I need to make the Lego ships a lot smaller. It's tricky working at the micro scale like that.
Old January 4th, 2014, 02:22 PM
Promotable Material

Cool Lego proxies, A-V.

To all those sending PMs, I'll get those sent to you as soon as I have chance.
Old January 4th, 2014, 08:59 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Picked up my second core set at Target today for $11.98. I can't believe there were any on the shelf for that price. It made me feel like it was 2008 again and I had stumbled on a couple rare HeroScape boosters on the bottom shelf.
Old January 4th, 2014, 09:34 PM
Promotable Material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyvalentine View Post
Picked up my second core set at Target today for $11.98. I can't believe there were any on the shelf for that price. It made me feel like it was 2008 again and I had stumbled on a couple rare HeroScape boosters on the bottom shelf.
I immediately checked my local target when I heard of such prices but it was sold out :/ ... Great find tho. I luv when I stumble upon great gaming deals.
Old January 8th, 2014, 03:33 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Hellfire, first off thank you very much for sending your templates. I've printed off some cards already, and I'm now planning to build some custom ships. I have a couple quick questions regarding construction before I dive into it though.

For the X-wing & TIE Fighter ships, I plan to print out the ship templates on paper, then paste them to foam core. Then I'll add a Heroclix flight stand, then attach to the base (also pasted onto foam core). A cheap foam core board is around $5 at Walgreens, so except for the printer ink this is really inexpensive (luckily, my university offers free printing … needless to say I use that privilege ). I'm guessing you didn't glue the flight stands down for easy portability.

What do you use for Maneuver Dials? I've seen some alternative "Maneuver Cards" downloadable online to use instead, but didn't see those in your pics.
Old January 8th, 2014, 06:08 PM
Promotable Material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Hellfire, first off thank you very much for sending your templates. I've printed off some cards already, and I'm now planning to build some custom ships. I have a couple quick questions regarding construction before I dive into it though.

For the X-wing & TIE Fighter ships, I plan to print out the ship templates on paper, then paste them to foam core. Then I'll add a Heroclix flight stand, then attach to the base (also pasted onto foam core). A cheap foam core board is around $5 at Walgreens, so except for the printer ink this is really inexpensive (luckily, my university offers free printing … needless to say I use that privilege ). I'm guessing you didn't glue the flight stands down for easy portability.

What do you use for Maneuver Dials? I've seen some alternative "Maneuver Cards" downloadable online to use instead, but didn't see those in your pics.
I printed the ships onto paper and pasted them to thin canvas board (from Michael's or other art/craft supplier) ... it seemed to give them a nice look and helped them stand out from the bases, which I did glue to foamcore; however that was just a personal preference ... foamcore should work fine and it will be cheaper than canvas board; in fact, if you buy foamcore boards from wal mart they cost less than 2 bucks.

The heroclix flight stands worked really well ... I did glue everything; so the base, stand, and ship don't come apart like the official FFG stuff. But I had a nice box to store it all in so it didn't really bother me.

Maneuver dials? A more official looking option is to go here and use the dial generator. It's nice and works well.

A simpler solution (i.e. less time consuming) was to print out those maneuver cards you mentioned. After cutting out the cards, I slid the cards into some plastic card sleeves. During the game each player was given a dry erase marker and players simply circled the maneuver they wanted to use and placed the card face down next to their ship just like they would when using the dial ... it worked amazingly well; it didn't slow the game down at all. Some players even wrote down pilot names onto the cards to help avoid mix-ups but it wasn't really an issue.
Old January 8th, 2014, 06:50 PM
Archie

Quote:
I printed the ships onto paper and pasted them to thin canvas board (from Michael's or other art/craft supplier) ... it seemed to give them a nice look and helped them stand out from the bases, which I did glue to foamcore; however that was just a personal preference ... foamcore should work fine and it will be cheaper than canvas board; in fact, if you buy foamcore boards from wal mart they cost less than 2 bucks.

The heroclix flight stands worked really well ... I did glue everything; so the base, stand, and ship don't come apart like the official FFG stuff. But I had a nice box to store it all in so it didn't really bother me.
Cool, glad to hear it. I'll give this a try once I can get to a store.

Quote:
Maneuver dials? A more official looking option is to go here and use the dial generator. It's nice and works well.
Ooh, those are nice looking.

Quote:
A simpler solution (i.e. less time consuming) was to print out those maneuver cards you mentioned. After cutting out the cards, I slid the cards into some plastic card sleeves. During the game each player was given a dry erase marker and players simply circled the maneuver they wanted to use and placed the card face down next to their ship just like they would when using the dial ... it worked amazingly well; it didn't slow the game down at all. Some players even wrote down pilot names onto the cards to help avoid mix-ups but it wasn't really an issue.
Genius! I was wondering how you used those cards in the file you sent. That is a much simpler option indeed.
Old January 10th, 2014, 10:32 PM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!

I (finally) had time to try out this game with a friend. We played two skirmishes, 65 points each, him playing Imperials and me playing Rebels. I own the Core Set, the X-Wing expansion, and two TIE Fighter expansions. I played Wedge and a Red Squadron Pilot, each outfitted with an Astromech and Proton Torpedoes. My opponent played an army with strictly unique TIE pilots, including Mauler Mithel and Backsabber. I don't remember the other two. I lost my RSP to his relentless barrage before launching his torpedoes and lost a massive investment, and Wedge managed to kill one TIE and bring the others down to one hull point each before pulling a K-turn right into Backstabber's base, taking damage, and getting vaped by the TIE Pilot's special ability.

The second game I played Wedge and Luke, each with Proton Torps again. My opponent traded out one of his pilots for Winged Gundark and equipped another with Determination (howlrunner I think?). He had his TIEs in two pairs, one on each side of the board. The asteroids were conglomerated to my left, so I stuck to my right. Luke and Wedge stayed just on the edges of the Asteroid field, luring the TIEs out as best as my opponent could maneuver around the asteroids one by one and vaping them with little effort. The maneuvering around some of the outlying asteroids by Wedge and Luke to flank the TIEs was interesting. By the time he regrouped he had a couple of seriously damaged TIEs and only one at full hull capacity, and he had only taken out Luke's shields. It was a quickly resolved match.

This is obviously my new addiction... Alongside 'Scape. I guess the poor Xbox One will have to take a backseat, and I've hardly clocked in any hours on it... I love the variety of pilots, now for variety in ships. I can't wait to get my hands on a Y-Wing and TIE Advanced.
My opponent and I need to play a TIE-breaker round... Pun totally intended.

"elvenwizard9." Now that's a username I've not heard in a long time.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures