Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Notices

Old June 22nd, 2007, 08:12 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Problem with running HCC

I have a friend who downloaded it for the first time, and he already copied the .DAT File. He can bring up the main page, but when he tries to open a card, he gets an error message: "Run-Time error '3021', Either the BOF or the EOF is true, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record." Thanks in advance for helping me solve this.
Old June 29th, 2007, 03:05 PM

0rbital has disabled reputation
Sounds like there's a problem with that .dat file which is really just an Access .mdb database file renamed.
Old June 29th, 2007, 07:00 PM

XavierStar has disabled reputation
As someone who is also having troubles with HCC, and as one who is not in the slightest computer savvy, could you translate all the .dats and such?
Old August 2nd, 2007, 02:53 PM

pashadowops Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierStar
As someone who is also having troubles with HCC, and as one who is not in the slightest computer savvy, could you translate all the .dats and such?
These are merely file extensions that are used by specific programs. For instance a .dat file signifies this file as a data file. The .mdb can be disputed as standing for Microsoft DataBase which is a file commonly use by Microsoft Access.

The error in question is simply stating that there is a problem with a particular record within the database file either at the BOF beginning of field or the EOF end of field.

So when Orbital stated that it may be a corrupt .dat file In laymans terms all he was saying was "the file must be broke" try and download it again as sometimes files get messed up on the way down from a website or server. It's electronic media after all....stuff happens.

I hope that answers your questions and I haven't bored you to tears.

Where does the time go? I got a lot of catching up to do! How many more expansions and a new master set...Jeez!
Old August 2nd, 2007, 03:50 PM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Problem with running HCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King
I have a friend who downloaded it for the first time, and he already copied the .DAT File. He can bring up the main page, but when he tries to open a card, he gets an error message: "Run-Time error '3021', Either the BOF or the EOF is true, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record." Thanks in advance for helping me solve this.
Put your working .dat on a USB drive and give it to him to put in the proper folder. Make sure it is in the proper folder as described in the readme.

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 08:26 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Ah, thank you both! I'm sure he'll be happy to see this!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software