Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old June 23rd, 2006, 11:01 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Custom rules for throwing and impact

I love Jotun. I loved Collosor before him. I love the idea of slinging figures across the board. I like to imagine an epic battle on a bridge and someone getting hit so hard that they are knocked off and fall 25 levels below to their death. (Of course, I'd prefer that this happened to my opponent. )

So I came up with this little custom rule set. It's untested as of yet, but I hope to fix that soon. Feel free to tell me what you think.

If a non-flying Large 5 or smaller, Medium, or Small figure is attacked by a melee attack from a figure it is engaged with and that has at least 2 natural levels of height over the attacked figure, the chart below should be consulted. Ranged figures are considered to be in melee attack unless they are attacking with some special that implies a ranged attack, even while engaged. Figures designated as mounts and that have mounted characters on them can not be attacked in this fashion.

If the attacking figure is a single base figure, please refer to the below picture and ruleset:

If the attack scores a single wound against the defending figure, the defender rolls a D20 and 4 Attack Dice. If the D20 roll is: 1-5, then nothing happens; 6-10, then the defender is knocked to the left; 11-15, then the defender is knocked straight back; 16-20, then the defender is knocked to the right. The number of skulls rolled determines the number of spaces that the defender is knocked back. Defenders will take damage for any falling that occurs and warrants damage rolls or necessity due to the distance fallen. Defenders will also roll a single attack die for damage in the event that they are thrown into a piece of blocking terrain that is greater than their height.

If the attacking figure is a double base figure, please refer to the below picture and ruleset:

If the attack scores a single wound against the defending figure, the defender rolls a D20 and 4 Attack Dice. If the D20 roll is: 1-6, then nothing happens; 7-12, then the defender is knocked to the left; 13-14, then the defender is knocked straight back; 15-20, then the defender is knocked to the right. The number of skulls rolled determines the number of spaces that the defender is knocked back. Defenders will take damage for any falling that occurs and warrants damage rolls or necessity due to the distance fallen. Defenders will also roll a single attack die for damage in the event that they are thrown into a piece of blocking terrain that is greater than their height.

In the event of a straight back blow from a double base figure, the defender will travel twice the number of hexes straight back for every 1 skull rolled. This causes the attacker to be fatigued. Place a counter on the attacker, the attacker cannot be activated on the next round. After the next round, remove the counter and resume normal play with this figure.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old June 24th, 2006, 12:10 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I like all these except the fatigue rule. It is just too harsh. You could simply limit the number of order markers that the unit gets next round, for a less punishing form of fatigue.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old June 24th, 2006, 12:26 AM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Good point. I don't mind revising it. Does anyone else want to weigh in?

Old June 24th, 2006, 12:29 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Now there are some details that need working out. Like what if there is a figure in the line that the thrown figure passes through? What about disengagements? What if he is pushed off a cliff and lands ONTOP of another character? Dose the pushed back figure stop for water? Dose snow slow him down? etc...

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old June 24th, 2006, 12:54 AM
ATF Agent

I"ll keep working on it. I need to think about those.

Old June 24th, 2006, 01:05 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Sorry ninthdoc, I wasn't trying to nitpick, just trying to help really.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old June 24th, 2006, 01:22 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I like what you got going here, Ninth! Here is another idea. If the attacking figure scores at least one wound against the defending figure. Subtract the defender's height from the attacker's height which gives you a target number that if the defender rolls less than or equal to on a D20, it is thrown back a number of spaces equal to the wounds taken in the attack. All the other rules for falling, hitting obstacles/walls still apply.

Newb.
Old June 25th, 2006, 01:42 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
I don't mean to rain on the parade here, but the idea of a taller unit overbearing a shorter unit gets a little screwy with short AND big units like the Marrden Hounds, and Dund. Maybe have an alternate of assigning a size classification number for those cases? Also what about borrowing from Echelon in the Halls and include moving in a straight line towards the target before attacking?
Old June 25th, 2006, 01:50 AM

shakey_snake has disabled reputation
neat throwing rules, but the templates seem unnecessary.
One of those anti-KISS ideas i probably won't use.
to each his own.
Old June 25th, 2006, 02:36 AM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
There was a whole thread on this type of stuff on HQ, spearheaded by Noodles I think.

I absolutely love this stuff, and I too relish the opportunity to see Krug or Mimring toss puny humans from great heights into molten lava.

Perhaps it could just be a second attack that you can make if your height is greater than (and your "size-type" is greater than or equal-to) the defending figure. And instead of wounds, unblocked skulls would be how many spaces the defending figure must move.
Old June 25th, 2006, 02:43 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by YagyuNinja
I absolutely love this stuff, and I too relish the opportunity to see Krug or Mimring toss puny humans from great heights into molten lava.
Jotun envy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YagyuNinja
Perhaps it could just be a second attack that you can make if your height is greater than (and your "size-type" is greater than or equal-to) the defending figure. And instead of wounds, unblocked skulls would be how many spaces the defending figure must move.
Maybe a part of the rule is to declare attacking for wounds, or for knockback. Sure I might be able to inflict 1 wound on Charos, but instead I'm going to knock charos back into that molten lava. "Magma" :dr evil:
Old June 25th, 2006, 11:36 AM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
That's probably a good idea, because if it was second free attack like I was suggesting it would probably warrant point changes in huge guys. If you have to declare, then it would only be used in specific situtations.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions