Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old September 2nd, 2014, 08:36 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: HELLFIRE - PLOT/PARALLAX/VENOM - Mods/Proxies/HouseRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post

That style of campaign sounds fun, @japes . I'd love to see what you've got at some point. I do have a quite of bit of Event Play stuff that incorporates Plot/Subplot type items while focusing on a running story ... however, I might hold onto it a bit longer just in case I end up doing something related to this.
Gotcha...Perhaps we can work together on that.

As far as sports...I'm currently coaching my sons little league baseball team and formerly coached High School Varsity Baseball until he was born. So I like where you are coming from on the rest of this. I can't wait to see your subplots.

The fantasy league heroscape league sounds really cool.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Last edited by japes; September 2nd, 2014 at 08:58 PM.
Old September 3rd, 2014, 12:04 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: HELLFIRE - SUBPLOTS - Mods/Proxies/HouseRules

HELLFIRE'S SUBPLOTS

SUBPLOTS (Roll a D6; Both players rolls 1x [or more, if agreed upon] before a battle)

Quote:
1. SURVIVOR - You gain Victory points, if a chosen figure in your army survives the battle. You receive 1 VP, if the chosen figure is less than 500 points; 2 VP, if the chosen figure is less than 400 points; 3 VP, if the chosen figure is less than 300 points; 4 VP, if the chosen figure is less than 200 points; 5 VP, if chosen figure is less than 100 points. Points do not stack; only use one VP value.

2. VENGEANCE - If a chosen opposing figure is destroyed in battle, you receive Victor Points. You receive 1 VP, if the chosen figure is more than 100 points; 2 VP, if the chosen figure is more than 200 points; 3 VP, if the chosen figure is more than 300 points; 4 VP, if the chosen figure is more than 400 points; 5 VP, if the chosen figure is more than 500 points. Points do not stack; only use one VP value. If your opponent rolls the Survivor subplot, even if you have already chosen an opposing figure, you may automatically choose the figure that your opponent chooses for their Survivor. If you do so, both players receive +1 VP for completing their Subplot.

3. DOUBLE AGENT - Choose a figure on the opposing army that is a "Double Agent." You gain 2 Victory Points, if the chosen opposing figure is neither destroyed nor wounded. Additionally, you receive +1 VP, if the chosen figure is more than 200 points; +2 VP, if the chosen figure is more than 350 points; +3 VP, if the chosen figure is more than 500 points.

4. GATHER EVIDENCE - You gain VP for gathering evidence. Make sure Bystander Citizens are placed on the battlefield. Anytime a figure in your army is adjacent to a Citizen, roll a combat die. For each blank rolled, you have "acquired evidence" and are given 1 VP. You may acquire evidence from a different Citizen figure (you may not roll to acquire evidence from the same Citizen figure) and gain more VP up to a maximum of 5. OPTIONAL RULE: If you roll to gather evidence with an agent, lawman, or vigilante, you acquire evidence by rolling a blank or a shield.

5. BLACKMAILED - Choose an opposing figure that is blackmailing you. You gain Victory points by eliminating the Blackmailer's "leverage." To do so, attack the blackmailer and instead of placing Wound Markers, you may eliminate their leverage. If you successfully eliminate the Blackmailer's leverage after the Blackmailer rolled 5 or more shields, you gain 5 VP; if the roll was 4 shields, 4 VP; 3 shields, 3 VP, 2 shields, 2 VP, 1 shield, 1 VP. After eliminating a Blackmailer's leverage, the Blackmailer figure may roll one unblockable attack die against the figure that eliminated the leverage.

6. SOLILOQUY - Receive Victory Points for completing a "soliloquy." After rolling attack dice, you may declare that you are completing a soliloquy. When completing a soliloquy, the defending figure does not roll defense dice and does not receive wounds. If you rolled 5 or more skulls, you gain 5 VP; if the roll was 4 skulls, 4 VP; 3 skulls, 3 VP; 2 skulls, 2 VP; 1 skull, 1 VP. After completing a soliloquy, the opposing figure may roll one unblockable attack die against the figure that completed the soliloquy.

Last edited by Hellfire; February 15th, 2015 at 07:41 PM.
Old September 3rd, 2014, 12:10 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

SHADOW DEMON

All I did was take a Bron from the Indy Heroclix set and spray painted a couple handfuls of them w/ some flat black. I also cut off some parts; like the sword and other drapery. One of them I even took the time to sand paper down ... but I decided the added work wasn't really adding much.

C3G's official Shadow Demon on their cards is on the left ... my simple proxy is on the right.

Cheap, cheap, cheap and easy to boot. My kind of proxy.
Old September 3rd, 2014, 12:25 PM
Promotable Material

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:

That style of campaign sounds fun, @japes . I'd love to see what you've got at some point. I do have a quite of bit of Event Play stuff that incorporates Plot/Subplot type items while focusing on a running story ... however, I might hold onto it a bit longer just in case I end up doing something related to this.
Gotcha...Perhaps we can work together on that.

As far as sports...I'm currently coaching my sons little league baseball team and formerly coached High School Varsity Baseball until he was born. So I like where you are coming from on the rest of this. I can't wait to see your subplots.

The fantasy league heroscape league sounds really cool.
If it works out there is no way I'll tackle it alone ... I'm sure Tornado will be interested in helping out as well.

Coaching is fun; for me it has been a nice way of staying close to the sports I can't play at a high level anymore due to injuries or age or whatever. I've coached soccer/basketball/football [ages 6-18] ... currently, I'm coaching Middle School/Jr. High Soccer.

I'll post the Fantasy League stuff at some point ... it's less precise; the write up was written for me to reference and not others so it needs a bit of translation work. But it shouldn't be too much work ...

@japes ; subplots are up now. Hopefully they look fun enough to try some time. Players usually have a good time mixing up the plots and subplots and the decision making that occurs when attempting to justify completing a subplot to acquire VP while putting in jeopardy their overall W-L record. Fun stuff.
Old September 3rd, 2014, 12:50 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
If it works out there is no way I'll tackle it alone ... I'm sure Tornado will be interested in helping out as well.
Totally. I have been floundering since you retired and feeling guilty about being unable to continue what you started. I have found it difficult to execute your vision and could use some mentoring.
I want to get a C3G campaign fired up and just need to figure out a starting point and a rough plot/timeline.
Nothing would make me happier than to get this ball rolling again.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old September 3rd, 2014, 01:25 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: HELLFIRE - SUBPLOTS/SHADOWDEMON - Mod/Proxy/HouseRules

Once a decision is made we should definately get a thread going in the sanctum so we can openly discuss things without a code. The three of us should be able to get a good thing going that the others can polish and accept.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 4th, 2014, 04:26 PM
Promotable Material

WAR MACHINE

This is a painted up Handful of Heroes toy. Unfortunately, my cat was around for the and his hair was in the paint. A situation that has now been remedied ... the hair on the figure not the cat.

Old September 5th, 2014, 10:50 AM
Promotable Material

ZABU

Another mod. This one was a D&D figure, I forget the name, probably Jaguar or something really simple.

Anyway, I had intended to put one more layer on him but I added epoxy to the sides of his face to give him that sabre-cat look and used epoxy to also give him some sabre-teeth.

Old December 13th, 2014, 02:53 AM
Promotable Material

I'm finally back on here but I do have something new.

I've put together all the house rules that we've ever played by as a reference guide. There's still a lot to do as many of the materials specific for playing by these rules are in scratch paper, excel file, or some other form but with some time I'll gradually post what I've got and whatever I make.

These rules have a lot of new stuff, designed to create a narrative style experience. Some are minor and some are drastic. However, we still use all of C3G's cards (in addition to a number of customs; some of which take advantage of our house rules) but they have additional stats and information on the cards. These house rules incorporate variants of Grishnakh's rules in addition to a lot of home-brewed stuff. Really, the work of C3G, Grishnakh, and the customs forum are tremendous and awesome; in no way do I endorse these house rules as better. They are simply an attempt to accommodate the desire of my players preferences. Obviously these rules aren't for the traditionalist and are specifically meant for superhero gaming (not that they couldn't be adapted in other ways). Feel free to use, adapt, or ignore anything you like.

If there are questions, let me know. If there are typos (I know they're there cuz I find them every time I print the reference anew), let me know. If there is anything else, again, let me know.

Here's the link to the Hellfire Club's House Rules.

Happy Scaping!
Old December 15th, 2014, 01:39 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

This is awesome! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old December 16th, 2014, 01:46 AM
Promotable Material

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
This is awesome! Thanks!
I enjoy sharing.
Old December 16th, 2014, 05:19 PM
Promotable Material

Re: Hellfire Club's House Rules

From C3G Hangout:

Well, I didn't play much. I spent most of the time teaching, reffing, etc. But it was fun. We had an array of boards and tables to accommodate a house full of people. I took some pics at one point during the day and ran around snapping some shots but there was so much going on I can't really give much detail on each specific battle. Nevertheless, here's some pics:

Spoiler Alert!

Anyway, it was fun and everyone had a good time. Happy Scaping and Holidays to all!

Last edited by Hellfire; December 16th, 2014 at 08:21 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations